Apr 22, 2010

This post is for you


New Friend, Old Friend. Real Life Friend, Internet/ Virtual friend.



And there is Me. One self divides into two. Am I the same person to all these friends of mine?


To you, I said – dear, babe,
To my next door friends, I said – ko, hang,


To you, I said – iye ke ala sian nya , oh I am sorry dear, iya lawa so sweeeeeeeeet (dengan semangatnya :)).
To my friends here,  I said - iye ke !, apa jadi, hang buat apa?, ko ni careful sikit leh tak?, hmm cantik.

And  when they are sad – I said sabar ye, sambil tepuk tepuk bahu – At worse, I just dont know what to say . I go blank when people cry in in front of me :). Yes I am good at giving advice (perasan) but when they are not crying hehe

But when you have a bad day, I write a long paragraph of consolation words and I give you a hug – though it is only a virtual one :). I bagi melalui angin :D 


One thing for sure – I feel closer to some of you 
and I do feel that our relationship is more than virtual.



But what about my friends who have been here all the while – am I not close to them?


Yes, we don’t call each other by endearment, but that does not mean I don’t care or love them.


They see (and have seen) the real me , the blur me, the clumsy me, the brutal me, the snobbish me (at times), the selfish me (at times), the moody me (if I have one hehe tak nak mengaku) – they see me in actual situation when all the other elemets of my life  happen and revolve around me. – here and now – busy with datelines, deadline, pile of work, bad day, annoying superior, sick children, problems at home, problem with my own self, the pressure, the hassle, the running around and all – they SEE me WITH all that elements attached, yet they might not know all that, because we do not talk about  the elements on a daily basis - mine or theirs.


I do not tell them stories of yesterday, or what happens today. We do not share it – not that often. Even if I go lunch with them everyday,  we only talk about that annoying boss , or that paper or that hot gossip. I do not actually tell them what I cook last night or what I do last weekend or what I think of this or that. I do not tell them how fun certain things are or  I do not really share with them how I perceive certain things or or how certain things should be the way I prefer :). When I have a bad day, when I need an ear (or both ears:)) to listen to my grievances or when I need a shoulder to cry on, yes I do go to my real friends . But it seldom happens though as I am a keeper :). I keep all dear to my heart.


But you , my blogger’s friends, I tell you stories . My daily encounters, my weekend, what worries me today, what happened in the past, how certain things effect me, what disturbs me, I write and I write with no pressure attached – no hassle – just me sitting down in front of my desktop and I am telling you my story – I am sharing with you  my thoughts, what I value, where I stand on certain issues, and most importantly  what matters to me (and me only)


My real friends sometimes piss me off, they make me mad or I make them angry , or the not so kind remarks that we say to each other when we are under pressure or the small little things that we take heart . Despite all these, they are indeed my friends. At the end of the day – some of them who have seen the real me – the whole package of me- the ME at its worst or the Me at its best are my true friends. Who can stand and bear me with ALL OF ME. maybe tak ramai kot heheh. And through our daily encounters, we know each other- we can read each other - yes I am bad but at heart I am not that bad hehe lebih kurang macam tu la (puji diri sendiri)


But you my dear, whom I never met, who have listened to my stories – to my inner mind, who have known the other side of me – the ideal me, the sweet me, the kind hearted me or the humble me, (ops terlebih puji) the nothing me, nothing special, nothing extra ordinary - are also my friends . Through all the stories that we have shared, we are connected . For the hugs that I can feel, for the soothing words that ease my burden, for the soft encouragement that lifts up my spirit.  - the you whom I have cried my heart to - in writing, while I faced with the terrible loss or the you whom I ramble on my bad day . You also have seen the real me –


The two-of-me combines – the real and the virtual me – make up of ME – the person I am today :).


To all my friends (mind you that not everybody I call a friend, but you know who you are), real or virtual – I care for you. And thank you for accepting me as YOUR friend.

May God’s blessing be with you at all time. Whatever races or religions you embrace (some of the stories that I write is about my chinese friend, some are from my Indian friend and I never once specify them) because whoever you are - I have known you as a friend - my friends.

PEACE  :D

PS:
Yes Farah, Bella, Ina and whoever you are out there,  I am a pain in the ass sometime, but eventually I want to be the nicest ME as ME in my blog :D.

How about you dear dear ? Macam mana ye kita rasa dah lama kenal :D

20 comments:

ladyLOVESleisure said...

Cik Erma dear,
suka i membaca post yg ini :) berkawan biar seribu. baik real mahupun maya. i feel like we know each other for a while already. so i perasan lah entry ini ditujukan kepada I jugak hehehe
thank you for being my friend, too!
Xxx

Nana said...

hmmm...entry kali ini menyentuh hati. terharu sebab i salah seorang kawan blogger u (kan2..) :)
hope our friendship will be forever ya! nice to know u n your story :)

Yummy Mummy said...

Oh I like this ermayum, very sincere, and I terperasan mcm trgolong dlm new friend, how? Hehe

TK said...

Kawan bloggers writes the nicest things, left lovely comments and some are so friendly..really make my day!. We don't see each other but listen to each other through our posts. Kalau blogger friend sedey we feel it too and try to console-kalau blogger frens happy we share the happiness!!That's the lovely thing about being bloggers!

N A N I E said...

betul ape yang u cakap..for me kekadang ai hef to cakap bende yang tak lahir dari hati in front of my friend just to care her feeling..to comfort her..sometimes i feel bad..but kekadang ai fikir..kalau itu boleh buat her happy, why not..

Dear Erma, even ai baru kenal you, ai sangat selesa berkawan dengan you..and ai pasti kengkawan lain pun sama..macam komen ai dalam my previous TAG..ai tahu you bercakap ikhlas dan seorang kawan yang ada keistimewaan tersendiri :) bangga dapat berkawan dengan you :) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

kadang² real fren ckp lepas aja. mmg jujur tp apa salahnye ber tapis skit :(

A.Z. Haida said...

i believe there are different layers in each person, and all the different layers make up the whole person. you can connect to others with all different kind of 'layers'. you might feel like you and A are kindred spirits because of one 'layer', and feel close to B because of a different 'layer', although A and B might not connect to each other that well. It's all part of being this complicated beings known as 'human'... heh!

and sometimes, Allah send our way new friends that click instantly - be it in real or virtual life. so no wonder lah rasa macam dah lama kenal kan?

eynda said...

Thanks for being my virtual friend, Ermayum...macam hubby eynda pernah cakap...ramai pengguna internet ada split personality...kat luar lain..di alam maya lain...tapi ada jugak macam mana kat luar macam tu jugak la kat alam maya...macam eynda, eynda cuba jadi diri sendiri...macam mana kat luar macam tu jugak la kat alam maya...sebab eynda tak suka jadi pretender...susah tau asyik nak jadi orang lain je hihi...ramai jugak rakan alam maya yg eynda dah jumpa...maybe diaorg boleh nampak siapa eynda yg sebenarnyer baik di dunia realiti atau pun alam maya :-)

Eti said...

Friends virtual or real,new or old, all play an important part in our lives. Each fills a void that the other kind does not. Each cares about those things that the others may not. But the most important thing is that all ultimately cares about that one person... YOU!

Azmiezas said...

Akak pun dah rasa mcm lama kenal awak...

mungkin betullah..dgn berblogging kita boleh cite n kongsi apa saja..sometimes...

kita dengan best friend pun kita tak crite kat dia segala-galanya..kan??..

zarin said...

tak tau lah apa u rasa about me tp i rasa i lagi close ngan u if nak compare ngan my fren yg dah lama kenal..ya lah kan altho baru kenal tp kita jumpa hari2 kan!
anyway i'm sooo glad i know u tau!thank u sesangat sebab sudi terima i jadi one of your fren ye!

screamingmommy said...

Hi beb, i dont know u outside the virtual world..but I really enjoy n glad knowing u..hopefully our friendship will remain:) (I can sense we can really clicked even in the real world;))

Lady of Leisure said...

wah i ketinggalan dengan yr entry ni agak jauh, balik melaka sbnrnya hehe.. jenguk MIL...
btw, somehow i find it interesting when i get to know blogging friends here...
rasa mcm dah lama kenal, i think sebab kita communicate almost everyday... compared to kawan2 yang kita kenal di luar blog...
what ever it is, im glad to have u as a friend.. :)
i have 1-2 closed friends outside, but dorang tak ada blog lah pulak, so sekarang ni kind of lost contact gitu... sebulan atau dua bulan sekali baru ada sms n tanya khabar...

Ermayum said...

Lady angelina jolie heheh for you included tq to you too sudi terima budak baru belajar berblog:)

nana mestila u salah sorang dear i bagi u tag friendshp tak buat lagi tuuuuuuu heheh

yummumummy - yes u tergolong dear i pun suka ada kawan prof madya one day :)

TK betul tu especially selalu puji i awwwww malu heheh

nanie dearrrrrrrrr now u make me want to cry la pulak ok hug kiri hug kanan***** hug *** hehe. TQ you i am lucky to find you too :)

honeyhas betul macam org kata berbudi bahasa but sometime susah gak nak cakap semua org ada pressure point masing2 but kita kena tgk deeper kalau org marah -sebab dia bukan selalu camtu maybe :)

eynda tq to you tu dear - i pun harap i ni real what i write real bukan fake or plastic then kat luar lain hopefully la ye

Haida betul tu babe -:)

Eti betul betul tu babe and tq :D

azmiezas bukan memang kita kenal lama ke kata im your sister :D muahhhhhh cium tgn n pipi sikit
heheh

zarin apa u cakap ni we are twin remember of course we can click insyaAllah but u yang cun berapi la i cun skit ja hheeh

screamingmommy tq babe yeah i think we can click in real world also one day ye ? we take it step by step :D

lady kecik takpa la ketinggalan esok2 cari la balik ooo lady kecik i love you and i owe u a lot :D tq dear i am glad i found you :)

Nana said...

i hutang tag byk ni...ki3
mcm ala2 pening ja nak wat tag...hahaha

yg friendship tu jap g i wat ye...heee. ingat tuh :P

Shopaholic Mama said...

Appreciate this entry! You said it so well. Whether its virtual or physical friendship, the basic is the sincerity to extend yourself as and be a friend. And I know you are 1!

mJ said...

tenkiu for being such a wonderful fren to meeeeeee....muahhhhhhhhh!!!!
rasa cam dah lama la plak kenal ngan cik kak ni kannn...hehehehe

Ermayum said...

MJ tQ to u too :)

SM thanks to you :)

Kit Pryde said...

sssssssaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg awak jugak!!

muah2 sket. huhuhuh.

Ermayum said...

Kit tq dear I love u toooooooo :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin