Er brought home her report card last week. I did not expect much alahai darjah satu ja hehe but she made me proud as she got 5As. (Eh apasal 5 subjeks ja ek budak darjah satu takda sejarah and Geography?)
2 of the subjects were 80 plus but still under A category (best nya). I went through with her some of the wrong questions for the right answers and she said she knew them actually and she got it right on the first time. Then, she erased it and rewrote her answer because she said her friend said that she got them wrong- so beriya la tunjuk bekas padam and memang nampak la situ sikit sikit.
I asked her, ‘ why do you do that?’ why you have to listen to your friend?. You have to be confident of your answers k and if you got it wrong on your own then you learn from it but if you got it wrong because you allow yourself to be influenced by your friend and got it wrong instead – that is very pitiful. Teranguk anguk tak tau la faham ke tak but her father repeated the same remarks to her. Kalau salah or even if you scored bad but you do it all by yourself we will still be proud of you.
Hmm back to the A’s, senang ja bebudak sekarang dapat A kan. I never got straight A’s when I was in secondary school :(. I told you kan that I was not that smart of a girl then :). I was only an average student, never in A class but always in a B class. Averagely in science and Math and always fail in English. Remember penilaian darjah 5? I got D for my English. If the others went to boarding school, I remained where I was as my PD5 was bad.
Yes my parents always said, ‘study hard study memolek, we all sekolah atap ja we don’t know English but you must learn’. But there were not enough help. The language was so foreign to me. I went to Tadika Kemas at 6 years old . Er went to English Kinder garden starting at age 4 years old. My tadika kemas was one teacher taught all. Er’s kinder garden was one to one teaching after the group teaching. My father only finished standard 6. I completed a degree (cehhhh)- yeah there were so many factors- but I am forever thankful for where I am today. I got lucky. Not simply lucky though. I believe that is Allah’s plan for me- itu bahagian hidup saya and yes I am so grateful for my parents prayers of course. - they sent me to a school located 20km from my house just simply they wanted me to make friends with Chinese and India so I could speak English with them ( sekolah terdekat jalan kaki semua melayu ).
Back to the school then :), English class was always a nightmare. I was afraid if the teacher pointed at me and said “eda now your turn ” oh how I dreaded reading in public and reading in English pulak. I would normally sit quietly staring at my book or try to cover my face in it. I figured that if I stayed still and keep very quiet, my teacher would somehow forget that I was actually in that class.
As I proceeded to standard 2, 3, and so on. I notice that the only subjects that I could score were the subjects that required me to memorize. History, Geography, Spelling heheh these were my favorite. I think that I was kind of proud of myself in that area- that I got such a great brain that could remember things – a lot of things hehehe.
When I was in standard 6, I met one teacher – he was tall, fair, good looking (at least to me) and he focused on each of us instead of us as a group ( I awalys think that teacher is another variable factor whether one can excel or not ). He was young, 22 years old, just got back from Japan – he not only taught me Bahasa Melayu or Mathematic (I could not remember)but he was also my class teacher. He was inspiring us (or maybe only me :)) to study hard, to do good deeds to our parents, to excel, to jadi orang berguna. He brought all his photo albums and showed them to us as a way to motivate us – I guess- all his photos in Japan, his photos in the snow and all – we were inspired and we were dreaming :)
Oh I love you then and I love you still now as you had given me such an impact – made me want to change – made me want to at least pass all subjects. Made me want to go where you went (hmm I always wanted to study in Japan malangnya tak kesampaian heheh).
I never come across him since I graduated secondary school. wherever you are cikgu – thank you
p/s
Class of 1982-1987 Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Salak South, Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur – thanks for the memory
Dear dear semua where were you 1982-1987 ?:)
Ada yang pernah terjatuh cinta ngan cikgu cikgi hehehe :)
Please read part 1 and part 2:) as well



14 comments:
OOO u pernah terminat cikgu yeee....ish tetiba teringat my fren kt primary school yg head over heels minat kat kat cikgu laki ni and masa secondary school pun ada sorang minah yg minat gilos sampai bagi mcm2 lah kat our teacher tu..huh, sib baik i tkde mcm tu ;-)
U r right children nowadays mmg senang2 dpt A but competition is very stifflah. Markah each one of them tinggi2 and dekat2 sgt. Being a teacher, I am impressed sometimes baguslah sgt2 budak2 ni esp when they score hi marks 4 subjects yg susah2 tu. Apalah mak dorang bg makan agaknya.
i used to like my science teacher waktu darjah 4 dulu! hehe
zarin - heheh i tak minat dia sebarang ok - he derserved it - he was one kind of a teacher ok (ceh defend tu) hehehehe
TK - betul tu - 98% pun dekat sepuluh orang, 100% da 2, 3 org hehehe. Dina makan tempoyak hahaha
Dilos hi diloss iye ke sama la kita heheheh
Akak teringat masa std 5,..subjek english,..ada spelling,..setiap kesalahan kena ketuk pakai ruler tau,..just imagine if alls(10) wrong?..10 x kena ketuk u...
tapi akak boleh ingat cikgu tu sampai sekarang..coz hensem babe...kikiki..(gatal..)
erkkkksss...saya ada sejarah buruk pasal minat cikgu2 nih...adehhhhh!!!
tapi cikgu yg minat kat saya sampai ada budak pompuan dengki pi sapu bawang kt bangku saya...dgn harapan monton saya akan kepanasan! jahat sungguh budak tu...bkn i yg gatal, dah cikgu tu yg gatal suka kt i....
sampai skrg i dgn budak tu takblh ngam huhuhu
1987 i baru darjah satu :)
masa primary skol i minat music sebab cikgu dia sporting habis dah la nyani lagu negaraku masa assembly cikgu tu main gitar...hmmmm
Azmiezas >> adoi kak sakitnya kekekek (gelang gatal gak)
Nana >> alahai mudanyaaaa :)
mj>> mesti sebab u tersgt cun ni sampai cikgu minat n kawan dengki adoii tak leh lawan u ni heheh
sis, i was not good in wirtting or fluent in english in my early days of school too. coming from malay-speaking family tetiba masuk skolah semua speaking berabuk, takut gak memula. lepas tu initiative sendiri la; read and practice.
hasilnya: improved tapi tak de bagus sangat. tapi way better dari dulu.
Sekarang sangat competative!! Yg dapat straight A's pun boleh dapat nombor 10 isskkk...habih tu yg dapat nombor 1??? Bayangkan laaa...tapi eynda kena terima kemampuan anak2...iq budak2 tak sama...tak dapat straight A's pun takpe asalkan jadi manusia berguna satu hari nanti...ada yg skor masa sekolah tapi bila start keje kurang menyerlah...kita sebagai ibu bapa bantu je iringi anak2 dlm hidup dia....
Rasanyer pernah suka kat cikgu masa sekolah dulu...tapi tak obvious coz ramai yg minat cikgu tu...eynda kalah hahaha...
eynda betul tu :) oo kita sonok2 ja but betul we all pun tak nak push they all sgt - and we will support whatever yang they minat jugak tak semestinya academic kan -- but of course completing study at least basic level (rasanya zaman sekarang dip or degree is the most basic)is a requirement lepas tu nak apa buat buatla insyaAllah
Adia dear :) sama la tu - biasala kita mak bapak bukan org senang bukan sekolah tinggi but it is good to know today we are here kan :)-
haa..haa..funny betul cite u ni..tapi betul lah sometimes incident2 cam gini gives a turning point in our life;)
screamingmommy heheh iya maybe org ckap takda apa but i think that was a turning point yes that was it :)
Post a Comment