May 22, 2010
Playing Nurse
Remember about my phobia with needle? I am scared of one being poked at me or me doing the poking heheh
But you know what my dear friends? I have managed to face the fear. I have to. I am forced to. I got no choice but to be brave.
The hospital supplies me with berkotak kotak ubat jab (ready syringe with medication) for me to give shot to Mr Hub on a daily basis for 44 days (macam orang beranak la pulak). When the doctor first told me, I went pale. I wanted to scream out mad because they should not discharge us if we still need treatment right? My mind started to work on the logic :). Are the doctors crazy (sorry)? What are they thinking? But the sweet intern calmed me. Kak jangan risau- dont worry - very easy - just like giving insulin jab, she said. Helloooo, I never gave anybody any insulin or whatever jab.
I stood there until the Ah Moi got worried. She said, we will show you today and when you go home you go to clinic for a few days and you do it in front of the doctor - then you will know you get it right, she said some more. Hmm that thought did make me calm a bit. Fine, I can go to the clinic everyday fo 44 days and get the doctor to do it for me - I told myself silently- that is the worst case scenario lah heheh
The jab contains a special medicine to allow blood to flow smoothly through the new vein and to avoid blood clot in the area.
So 1st day, the GP nearby my house showed me the right way. 2nd day, I tried but fail because I have doubt. I nak cucuk but teragak2 and Mr Hub menjerit sakit heheh. The doctor took over then. 3rd day, I finally managed to do it successfully.
Now I can teach you heheh- memula buang bubble - take off the cap, get the bubble out -jentik jentik sikit, make sure takda angin dalam picagari berjarum tu- tolak ubat sampai keluar skit kat jarum - giving no room for bubbles. Very dangerous iya kalu injit angin ke dalam badan.
Secondly, dab a bit of alcohol untuk seterilize the area nak cucuk tu (before this I ingat kita letak2 alcohol tu utk tak bagi sakit masa cucuk , when i reconfirm that with my doctor, dia and nurse dia pakat gelak gelakkan i heheh ).
Then choose any fat area - use your thumb and forefinger to hold the meat :) (daging badan tu). hold it firm- bagi tegang jangan bagi kulit lembik-lembik susah jarum nak masuk, then cucuk jarum selari straight. You can choose tummy or bon bon or upper hand, lengan tempat BCG area tu.
Da masuk jarum tolak picagari keluar skit (pull the plunger slightly backward) to make sure takda darah masuk (kalau ada that means you da tercucuk urat so kena keluarkan jarum tu balik). Then if clear push in the picagari sampai habis semua cecair ubat tu and lastly tonyoh tonyoh tempat yang kena injit tu ngan kapas yang ada alcohol sikit. Tada you are done :).
So I da terror heheh walaupun every time doing it still like the first time berdebar debar ja hehe- Anybody want a shot? Come here baby :D
Till later. Happy Weekend all :D
PD180510Ermayum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Wah..expertlah sekarang?? I tak takut jarum and won't mind doing it..Suka nak try. Nak jadi doc dulu tapi biology tak pandai..Anak2 kat rumah suka playing doctor. Bila luka2 berebut nak jadi doctor. First Aid kit tu dorang conquer!
bravo dear... i dont know if i have your kind of strength or not... tabik spring toing! toing!
sure u pernah kene jab sebelum ni kan, so how was is? mana yang lebih menakutkan, nak jab orang atau kene jab? hehe
How's your hubby?
Off the danger of amputation, I hope?
wahh berjaya gak at last jadi nurse :) i pernah ambik injection ni for 10 days. dulu my husband inject kan, lepas dia outstation kena la inject sendri, at my tummy. tak sakit.
tapi kalau inject kan org tu risau gak.
I takut needle....everytime doctor nak cucuk I dgn needle, I akan pejam mata kuat2 and start thinking about all my favourite things...and it never works! haha! I still takut and nampak needle tu dlm fikiran I....hehehe....so I can't imagine u giving shot to ur hubby every day....takutnya...huhuhu..but u are brave...thumbs up :)
TK dear i pun berangan nak jadi dr dulu heheh
Lady kena cucuk lagi menakutkan cucuk org ok lagi hehe
Nur - no no amp. nauzubillah - dijauhkan
adia alahai sian you kena cucuk gak dulu :)
shariz heheh terpaksa u :)
Well done. When are you forced to do something, you will eventually have the courage to get it done. I still rememeber the time when my dad was in coma and we had to do the phlegm suction for him, ie putting a long tube into the opening in his throat and suck out the phlegm. After a few times we became expert.
erkkkss...me takmo u cucuk, baik me cucuk sendiri hehehe...takut jarum ke mana u kemana hahahaha...
btw, dulu mmg i fobia ngan jarum tp bila asik kuar masuk spital macam jenis jarum dah cucuk rasa dah tak heran ngan jarum *giler berlagak* hehehe
kiasumom iye that is true :)
mj wow teror leh le tukar profession jadi nurse heheh
waa, beraninya...ayu x rasa ayu berani mcm tu. tgk pn dah takut..gd job sis..
beb..it takes a very strong person laa nak kena go through this..ngerinya...esp kena buat to our beloved, lagi tak sampai hati:(
ai biasa cocok sendirik..tapi yang jenis pen tuh..:)
ayu, screamingmommy :) terpaksa dear
nanie alahai u pun cucuk sendiri cam Mrs Jon ke - sian :(. lagi scary if i kena cucuk myself - u all have the same strength
Post a Comment