Jan 13, 2011

Tensi Tuition

Salam

Saya sudah tidak tensi :). Not work related but more on things that require urgency. Masa kita nak lah susah nak dapat. One of them is finding a tutor. I am in a mission of finding a home tutor for my sisters a.k.a nieces.

I dont realize until recently that finding a home tutor is so hard and when you found them, they are so damn expensive. I did ask around but my sister lives at the other side of  KL and she is not that well-equipped :) finder. I ask her to ask around from teachers at the girls' school (sometime they do part time kan) or look at the ads dekat bus stop or pagar or whatever :) but she said none that she can find.

So I resort to the easiest and user friendly way- Google- that turns out not so friendly. I arrive at a few website that gives me tutor codes and a form to be filled in- So I tensi :D. I just want things easy you know - just like when I call customer service, save me the voice mail that ask me to press this and that, just give me a human being. Similarly, just me a contact number and I call you and you home tutor directly :)- tak payah form form complicated ni.

Anyway, one site does give me a help/customer service numbers. So I scrap all the form and call straight away.
Kak Cik with the geng
And, petang tadi , I manage to interview one (macam lah bagus kan, interview? hehe).

Home tuition rate in KL is at RM30-35 per hour for primary school and RM35-40 for secondary school. After a short discussion, we agree on a group tuition (group of two- adik beradik combine) where he would be taking RM 50 per hour. 2 hours per day, twice a week that translate to RM 200 per weeks and easily RM1000 per month. Fooh yooo :). I just want him to concentrate on Math and Science. Sebab their English though not very good but bearable (thanks to me who has been hard on them at their younger age- ampun bongkak ke ni :))  

Though expensive, I feel that it is necessary for my sisters' children - selagi belum terlambat. Poor them, adopted by my mum at a month old and then having no fatherly figure and later move in with their mualaf mother. Living on and off  with my parents and  their mum must have caused inconsistency in their study.  But I still want to try to help them in a way that I can. Maybe I tak mampu to fork out RM1k yang sama dengan installment my car :D (sebab expenses and hutang saya pun cukup cukup semput dah  :)) but I  managed to talk to the big boss (aka my dad) to chip in (as direct zakat) and me sourcing the teacher.

Kakak with Q
The youngest worries me because her math is very weak. When I tested her, last school holiday, I found out bad bad bad :). She did go to tuition class all this while but I dont think it helps her or else she would have improved. So at this current stage where time is running out as she is taking UPSR, I think private tutorial is the answer. Her mother has doubt but I said, ' let try for a few month and let help them while we can' (of course if there is a mean)

I just hope she wont fail her UPSR  but if she ever does get an E for Math, it is not the end of the world  because I got E for English and D for Math in my Penilaian Darjah 5 :D- rasanya lah kalau tak silap :)

Till later

Ps:  betul -betul mahal, baru 2 subjects - if Dina is to pay me for every hour that I spend with her daily, I would have been rich already and dah banyak handbags hehe- but my children belum tahu menghargai, masa I mengajar them banyak ulat and mengada ngada dan merajuk- make my blood goes up you two- you want me to hire teacher baru you all padan muka tak leh main main (*gulp* habislah duit Ummi :))

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

TK said...

Mahalnya tusen..!!! Kat sini pun ramai cikgu2 buat duit mengajar kelas tusen. Kalau taknak tusyen, beli buku pelangi or sasbadi and buat latihan byk2.

BUNGA said...

fuuhhh.. mahalnya!! pengsanlah saya nnti nak mentuisyenkan anak saya.. suami saya dulu ada buat private tuition jugak.. tp tak aderlah sampai mahal mcm tu... kalau tak mesti handbag saya pun dah berkotak2 sekarang..hehe

tapi x aperlah.. biarlah kita berkorban sikit bayar mahal untuk anak2. asalkan anak2 belajar dan berjaya. itu lebih seronok kan :)

Saudah Salleh said...

yeah, private tutoring is expensive. but your nieces will benefit from it. just monitor their progress and if you didn't see any progress in a month, bambu cikgu dia.
kalau parent tak kisah aje, nanti tutor tu akan ambil kesempatan as long as they get the fee. ada yg okay, just monitor. always check their works(latihan etc) and cuba2 dengar masa dia mengajar.

ashra said...

owhh..inilah yg ditensikan ye.hehe.mahal eh tuition skang..adess..sabo je la.tp kalu dapat yg bagus tuk anak2,baloi2..

Syida said...

kita yang berduit lebih ni kena la bantu kakak tu.kesian jugak dia kalau ketinggalan.
only now i know mcm mana my mom raised both of us without a father.no wonder adik i kene hantar kat kampung sbb she cant afford to pay for our nursery.

Shariz said...

so true ! private tutor is very expensive...the only way you can get cheaper is to get a group of friends and share the tutor fees. My son Adam is very, very weak in Bahasa Melayu. I'm very ashamed because orang melayu doesn't understand bahasa melayu....huhu....not that he's fluent in english either but he doesn't understand tatabahasa and penulisan....I pulak tak tau nak ngajar sistem bahasa dgn dia coz my blood pun can go upstairs....hahaha....so me and hubby have to fork out some money ler nampaknya just to make sure anak pandai....huhuhu....okay tak if i keep all the tuition's receipts and one fine day bila dia besar i will tell him about our sacrifices ? hahaha.....barulah diaorg nak appreciate, ye tak? ;P

Ermayum said...

TK betul sininya rate mahal gilos :(

bunga iya betul, if ada duit ada upaya kita tolong anak anak kita

saudah hi :)betul tu i cakap ngan tutor tu let try firts kalu ok ok lakalu tak ok bye bye :)

ashra ha antaranya la byk lagi tensi tak boleh habis and tak leh dilayan heheh

syida alahai siannya cuma yang tau ja tau kan - but u turn out great dear :) so Alhamdullah kan

shariz betul byk dah duit kita kalu kena charge kan heheh ha u give me good suggestion combine and anak neighbour or friends kan murah skit

maya amir said...

mahalnye.. tetibe i dah mula berdebar2 mcm mana laa i nak antar danial tuisyen nih..adehhh

Mummy Nana said...

Pergh...... I yg xdok Mesia pun pening kepala bila nak pikir psl education budak2.... yelah kalau sorg dah seribu.. 3 org??? Nak jadi ckgu tution lak lah... ahaks... tapi xpe dem masa depan ye dak....

Unaizah said...

Alamak mahalnya rate private tuition now!! If kelas tuisyen yg reramai tu mahal camni gak ke or less sikit chargesnya? Zaman sekarang ni semua duit-duit-duit.

Ermayum said...

maya tuisteb biasa kat kelas tak mahal sgt ok lagi tak pun cari ja cikgu2 sebelah rumah cam I :)

mummynana - duk lama skit kat anak dah habis belajau baru balik hehe memang sini seumua mahal :( :)

unai yang g kelas cam stye kita dulu tak mahal cam ni a few suject rasanya ada lah kot 100 lbh yang ni mahal kira by hour sebab ni private tuition dia ajar sorang budak ja camtu budak2 kalau consistent tak yah g tuition pun ni sebab banyak dah ketinggalan - kita pun leh ajar but cuma ada masa ke tak ja heeh

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin