My mum is admitted to a hospital and this is for the 4th or 5th time. I lost count after a while. My brother found her in a state of hysteria and then lapses into unconsciousness on Sunday morning. It happened before. I know the reason. When I received a call from my father, I know it. She was definitely been starving herself the night before.
The thing about diabetic is you cannot eat all what you want coz then you sugar level will be very high but you also cannot starve yourself. If your sugar level drops too low, you will faint . My mother once fainted for more than 3 hours before we called an ambulance. The doctor in the hospital said, you should not wait too long if it happens again. Prolonged consciousness for diabetic can lead to a stroke.
Now she is resting in a hospital . Often she cannot remember anything. She will ask why is she in a hospital and not at home. I will be mad at her first time first - why aren't you eating. You love hospital? yeah a bit rude but it is my hopeless anger.
Talking about hospital, government hospital has a lot to be improved. The ward is so crowded. My mum is stationed at a temporary bed (meaning it is not part of the patient station, the hospital just park a mobile bed at the side (of the walkway, aisle or whatever) until somebody else check out (or died) and then my mum can take over that person station/proper bed.
Then with the H1N1 is all around us , the visiting hours is cut short. I arrived at 7.00pm on the dot yesterday and I am not allowed in. I said, " can I just go up for 5 minutes?" showing her the most pitiful face ever but she brushed it off and said, "No, cannot". I have no choice but to walk away- cursing them all the way back to my car. Grrrrr ee geramnya

No comments:
Post a Comment