Yet, I found romantic movies and romantic story books (the right ones) are so relaxing and refreshing . It is an escape to another world even for a brief moment.
My old time (and still) favorite movie is While You Were Sleeping (released in 1996 0r 1995). I remembered watching it over and over. There is a sweetness in this movies between the two main characters, their face expression, the eyes and smiles that made me not being me :p.Along the way, you were kind of forget that Bill Pullman is not that handsome at all. Not even cute. But there is something indescribable in the way he acted/portrayed his character.
Have you had a crush on somebody ? Adore them from a far , look at them when they were not looking, try to be near him , to come across him, to get a peek at his face , and to smell his body scent or perfume? hahahah crazy huh.
Always- we thought we are in love with them but the truth is we were only infatuated .... our feelings are not necessarily confirmed . So this movie is about a person who has a crush on somebody but then fall in love with somebody else (while the other whom she had a crush on slept (actually he was in a coma).
This is another favorite of mine released in year 2000. I watched it with a friend (now is my hubby) . It is hard to get a guy to accompany us watching romantic comedies but luckily this movie is entertaining ( above the average)- Not so sweet but it can relate to me then. During college time internet chatting (I was into MRIC ) was so popular . I spent hours chatting (then daydreaming that I met the love of life on the internet). ;)
This is one kind of a movie which was released in 2007. The heroin and hero live in a different year. They communicated via letter put in a mail box in front of a house by a lake. They never met (this is not like sleepless in Seattle OK- sleepless in Seatle is OK and funny but not that sweet -except the part where Tom Hank talked about his deceased wife).
With The Lake House You just can't wait to know the ending. The hero has to wait years in order for his year to collide with the heroin's year -present time. I know it does not make sense but it is love - anything got to do with love does not have to make sense.
And then this movie.

I believe it was based on a novel (have seen it somewhere in bookstore) . I come across this film many times at DVD stores (pirated one- if they can just manufacture a legal pirated DVD and sell it at pirated price - I think we will solve the pirated problem- this is another topic, sorry)
Where am I? Ok I don't like Hillary Swank. She is not my romantic kind of girl- her face is just not for romantic movie but this film was shown on a movie channel recently and I was hooked. I think this movie is veryyyyyyyy sweet.
Somebody who love you so dearly and take the trouble to guide you to MOVE ON living after he himself died. How did he does that? He wrote letters in advance (before he died ) and made the letters arrive one a time after his death. I love it and the movie tell us IT is OK to move on and to find new love.
Now I can't watch the followings:


Will they be my favorites? I heard The proposal is hilarious . Hmm have to drag my husband to cinema to watch this.

2 comments:
"While you were sleeping" is on my all-time favorite movie list. there's something just oh-so-sweet about it...
based on this entry, my guess is you would love movies based on nicholas spark's novels...
Iya Haida?:) best kan - I can re watch it for hundred of time heheh
Post a Comment