Oct 29, 2009

Aku budak Minang

When I was a little girl ( around 9, 10 years old), I used to accompany my mother selling fruits in the market. I would come in the afternoon after school and sat there til evening. Afternoon time in the market can be a quiet time- I was bored to death until I find a new hobby - comic magazines ( I started reading, buying and collecting entertainment mags also - that is another story) .

I fell in love with one particular mags - Gila -Gila- And I fell head over heels at one particular series - Aku Budak Minang - and somehow I also fell in love with the cartoonist hehehe. I bought  the comic compilation, Book 1 and Book 2 (before they were in compilation- they were monthly series in Gila -Gila- so I could not miss buying the mags so that I could read Aku Budak Minang ) .

I remember many times - many night and days where I re read the comic - and I was still able to laugh and cry for the story is illustrated in a away that is very touching and entertaining .

I have somehow forgotten about that comic books,  where do I keep them ye? - maybe somewhere in the store room in my father's house -


I came across one article in the newspaper last week about the comic series becoming a drama series - actually the drama has been on aired for a few weeks,  but I have not yet watched it - (every Tuesday , TV2)

The comic is captivating -  it was able to play with my emotion - Ujang crush on Anor , Ujang always being unlucky , Ujang being a bully towards his younger brother, Ujang in schools, Ujang and Atuk , Ujang  not getting along with his mother, the sad sad Ujang who tries hard to understand all that happen.The funny Ujang who always make fun of  his unfortunate life.

Readers will feel sorry for Ujang and the life that he got to endure - and a sad love story between him and Anor - who almost never happens? (I cannot remember- is it unrequited love?)

I hope the drama is as good as the comic or  if not it should be better or else it will not do justice.


PS:  If you love life drama and if you love reading - you should read Aku Budak Minang - yes it is only a comic book but it is not JUST any comic book - it has many values and it is able to make you laugh and cry at the same time and it will certainly entertain you - Meanwhile - I need to buy a new copy.

And If  you dont like the drama - try  read the comic books.

3 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

memang minat membaca yek..
i kekecik dulu banyak main2...
mancing la.. main kat sungai la..
hihi..

Ermayum said...

Lady membesar kat kampung best laa - ada sungai semua - kalu duk kat town mana ada -- zaman dulu mana ada pS2, ke astro ke baca jala keje nya heheh-
now budak2 sekarang lagilaa sungai g masa holidayh ja- tu pun waterfall bukan sungai - :) then duk umah bukan nak baca story book ngadap astro or internet or main game :)

Anonymous said...

aku budak kg gak..my homwown if stay infront of my house can hear a sound of wave esp Dec time....

back after few lines of houses got riverrrr.....tepi got muara....so where i'am stay ?...hmmm not an island la off course....

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin