
I was lazily spending my time on the bed watching TV last Sunday- As I changed the TV channel, I came across this old movie -released in year 2001. I watched it before - I know it is a good movie- one that I will remember every time I saw the tittle- but I am not sure if I cried the 1st time I watched it back then - In 2001, I was not yet married- not yet a mother- but I think I might have cried as it hard not to cry to such a beautiful portrayal of father - and- daughter's love.
The movie was already halfway played - yet it did not stop me form concentrating .
1 hour later, at the end of the movie, my tears fell - and my heart was gripping me so hard (and it hurt) that it was difficult to restore my emotion to normal me- It was such a powerful movie that touches my heart - I understand it more clearly now - As
a mother, I cannot imagine my life without my children- or if I have to give away one of them.
There is no need to talk about the superb acting skills that Sean Penn has (too bad that he is not lucky enough as he only got his Oscar last year)- and Dakota Fanning -she is such a cute little adorable creature.
I Am Sam is a story of a mentally challenged single father (Sam- Sean Pean) fighting to retain custody of his 7-year-old daughter (Lucy - Dakota Fanning) . At the age of 6, Lucy mental ability is at the same level as his father mental ability and at age 7 Lucy's intellectual capacity surpasses his father- and because of this some people think Sam will not be able to make a good father to Lucy - they think Lucy will be better off living with a foster family.
My heart just goes to the sweet Lucy - she would sneak out at night (through her bedroom window) walked for a few blocks, passed by groceries store, walked by the road side (it looks that the distance was very far) and then she climbed up her father apartment and knocked at his window. She would fall asleep and Sam had to send her back to her foster family (Sam pulak lurus bendul)- She did that every night until the day her foster parent put up a grill on her window- My heart breaks looking at her- on the day she was no longer able to sneak out.
Then there was a foster parent who was so determined to be part of Lucy- to be loved by Lucy- so eager to give Lucy the best.
You can share love you know ....but you cannot take it away or try to transfer the love from one to another- you cannot 'erase' love.
Sam and Lucy characters share a strong love bond and close knit relationship. It makes you wonder then that love can be so strong - even a mentally retarded person is able to give so much love to his daughter- even an animal can give us so much love (kan Lady:))
Why is then some people on this world are not able to do so?- why some people can abuse their own flesh and blood?- why huh?
PS
This post has been dusty in my draft- dated 1/9/09- I figure I just should publish it now :)
Have a great weekend ye :)

6 comments:
Wah hari2 blog u tukar baju.Mesti u ni rajin beli baju for your girls. Margin besar template yg ni. Luaspemandangan. Nanti gambar2 u boleh besarkan. .I've seen the movie I am Sam. Suka crita macam tu and Minat sgt Dakota Fanning. Sekejap je dia dah dewasa.
Kekadang akak realise,..bila usia kita semakin meningkat..kita mudah menitiskan air mata..
lagi la kalau cite tu ada kisah anak n ibu..lagi cepat sedih, kan??..
TK perli ka :) heheh - ni namanya tak cukup keje yang ada cari lagi keje - heheh - tak i beli baju anak i nak raya ja - setahun sekali ja :D baju sendiri rajin gak la hehehe
Azmiezas haa tu la yg my dad cakap sis hheeh but masa kecik2 i tgk tv nangis da dulu tgk kuch kuch hotai nagis gak masa anak dara muda belia hehe - but takda la nagis meleleh leleh tu kak tak pernah lagi - yang tu my mum iya selalu ja gelakkan dia heheh i nagis byk dalam hati then kalu terkeluar tu menitis la satu drop heheh - masalah hidup ni pun kalu i nangis dalam hati ja takda sapa tau heheh
hi dear! i pun sedih bila tengok i am sam ni..a few days ago i nangis teresak esak bila tengok australia and last nite pun i boleh nangis jugak masa tengok benjamin button tuh...dah jadi mcm ratu airmata le pulak..eh, td i beli The time Traveler's wife punya dvd..ingat tonite nk layan heheh..
i suka dakota fanning tu berlakon... but i have to agree with TK, dia cepat sangat besar... still remember masa dia kecik, gigi takde tapi comel jer sebab dia cakap pandai hehehehe....
tu la kan, even animal pun pandai tunjuk kasih sayang... know how arri tunjuk kasih sayang die kat kitorang? he'll lick our hands.. hehe... i baca dalam buku.. its a sign of affection.. but most of the time he ll slowly blink his eyes, thats the way of him saying 'i love you'... so i ll respond the same way...
its a wonderderfull feeling tau bila i tau dia pun sayang i the way i do.. :)
lady oo so chweet Arri :)
haaa da besar da tak cute da menci tg kdia dalam new moon jahatttt :)
zarin australia gambar lawa kan tapi i tak nangis heheh - ha tgk semua nanti post what u think k:)
Post a Comment