Breast milk is the best- and it is the cheapest. Then, why are we trying to get the best out of the most expensive formula milk?
I tell you that I did not breastfeed my children- (adala they all dapat rasa sikit2 and that was all). Shame on me- I wished that I was strong enough then- to fight my despair and the uncomfortableness- Maybe I just did not try hard enough- That was my guilt .
Some women are lucky- their breast milk come pouring out like rain :) - no effort are needed- as a little baby is born- there is plenty of breast milk to suck on- I was not that lucky mother- big breast does not guarantee you natural readily milk comes flowing :)- Come to think of it - I was so stupid as I did tell the doctor that my breast got no milk- If I were to leave in the old Old days whereby there was no formula, how was I supposed to feed my baby?
We are by nature have milk- Once you become a mother - once your baby suck on your breast- even from the state of no milk- it will come eventually as every suck that your baby makes is sending a signal to yr brain and body to produce milk- It takes time for some people- sometime days - but as long as you let the baby suck on it- it will come out later- the often is the more-
Women after childbirth needs tremendous emotional support- not that I was not getting it - I would say that I was not trying hard enough- with all the heat- the struggles of being a new mother and an hungry and impatient baby - I just opt for the easiest way- bottle and formula.
7 years ago the most expensive formula was priced around RM55-60- now the same brand is at RM 100 and over- why didn't I give the FOC (free of charge) milk which benefits are guaranteed and why did I opt for one of the most expensive formula milk instead? what evidence that it has that says the most expensive are the best? now come to think of it - all formula milk are the same - the cheap one or the most expensive one- they are far from the best-
So breastfeed- and try hard not to give up- and do not give your baby bottle as baby being a little creature is also clever at birth and they know that sucking on bottle is easier- no hard effort as compared to suck on her or his mother breast. If you have to give bottle- pump out your breast milk as much as you can as often as you can.
I recommend Medela (battery operated- can bring to office or -Spectra (slightly cheaper- but you need electricity) - both are imitating baby mouth sucking pattern) - My office mates use these and they claim either one is good - I saw Eca doing it so effortlessly (I follow her back home sometimes during lunch) - She just switches that thing on and latches it onto her breast . heheheh- I did not know about this brand before (excuse to cover guilt heheheh).
And always give direct from yr breast when you re around and gives bottle only while you at work- you can start teaching your baby bottle 2 weeks before you start working- always make them prefer your breast first than bottle- instead of bottle first.
so good luck - breastfeed fully - save money - closer bonding - natural contraceptive
PS: sapa la I nak cakap pasal breastfeeding heheh but I envy those who are doing it successfully.


6 comments:
i didn't have any milk the first day Manja arrived. i was tired and groggy, and she didn't latch on properly. it HURT.
so poor Manja had formula that first afternoon.
i tried again the next morning, and alhamdullilah, our rezeki, she latched on and didn't let go (she stopped sucking the 1st day and cried, maybe cos no milk)
also, i was VERY determined to breastfeed her. kalau boleh, fully breastfeed.
that was the beginning of my days as a breastfeeding mother. i used to pump milk at the office to store up my milk until she was abt 1plus, cos then at home she'd drink soya bean and after work she'd drink exclusively from me.
i weaned her off after she turned 2 because of the wounds from her teeth. but i am happy that i got to breastfeed her until she was 2. it is undoubtedly one the highlights of being a mother to me... the closeness, the love, the happiness of holding her near, of having her look up to me...
*sniff* i really miss breastfeeding my baby.
I pulak susu tak banyak..kalau tak..nak la bagi anak susu ni..tapi bila habis pantang dah kering..so nak tak nak kena la bagi susu formula...
harap2..anak2 kita tak la terikut2 perangai si "ibu susu" tu ye..
hehe.. i tak ada pengalaman menyusu baby lagi.. cuma penah susukan baby simulator.. :)
but still the feeling is unexplainable..
Ermayum..>..I setuju breast milk lagi bagus 150% more than formula tapi kalau tak kuar mcmana??,..uwwaaa..
For my case, only masa confinement je, tu pun dlm sebulan jer ada, pas tu kering..
Azmiezas: kan bukan kita tak nak bagi tapi takda heheh - boring ja bila org tanya pesal tak breafed :(
Lady dont worry nanti yr turn will come and I pray susu you berlmbak2 heheh
Kit congrats to u - takyah mis2 process ja lagi satu heheh da boleh breastfeed- Manja pun dapat adik heheh
breastfeeding is not easy for working mother..luckily i was so determine to breastfeed by little Awra and i did cried during the 1st week when she refused to suck the milk. My mum in law keep asking me to give her formula..but i refused..but she did gave my little Awra "tepung beras" for about 6 days..but after that it was a miracle as my little Awra comfortably drink the milk from my breast..and the feeling is unexplainable..i still breastfeeding her..still no to formula..and thank GOD my milk supply is more than enough for my little Awra..
Anyway, dont blame yourself if you not breastfeed your baby..its faith..and i agreed sometimes u just dont have milk supply..semuanya ketentuan ALLAH...yang penting baby sihat dan menjadi anak soleh dan solehah..
Post a Comment