Nov 10, 2009

Kenduri



Alhamdullilah , my mum's kenduri arwah went on well.


I cooked (err not me alone but with help from relatives :))  sambal tumis sotong, gulai tempoyak udang, masak lemak nangka tulang ikan merah and cencaru goreng. Served with coffee drink, watermelon and banana cakes. Theme was kampung food :).


I only got the chance to eat after all guests went off around 10pm . The food were marvelous especially gulai nangka and sambal tumis sotong. I wanted to eat a lot more but it was already late night. Control, control hehehe


My father does not believe in catering just like he does not believe in automatic car :) (that will be another story).  Every time we organize a feast, we never cater. He prefers personalized cooking from family and relatives. Even my wedding in year 2002 was wholly cooked through "gotong royong/ orang kampung cakap rewang"  with my father as the head  (his main duty  was to taste ). TG many said the food was good, some said superb (not that I am exaggerating but it was the truth -7 years ago heheh)


All went on smoothly last Saturday . Gulai tempoyak udang was personally cooked by my father but sad to say it was not that original - one because it was a bit watery ( it was supposed to be slightly thicker) and it is not that spicy (though many people who came that night said,  "whoa that is very hot"  - (rambut sama hitam lidah lain- lain :)) . I have asked my father to tone down the dish, reduced the tempoyak and cili padi and make it not so thick to suit others ( you know that not everbody can swallow tempoyak and some of us are afraid to try anything new - so better make it light ).



I don't have photo of all as I just  snap photos when I remember :) -  gulai nangka and  tempoyak udang



Alhamdulillah. For 100 days maybe we will go back to normal kenduri dishes -chicken and beef.

6 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

rajinnya...
skrg kebanyakkannya catering...
tapi still tak sama dengan masak sendiri...
masak sendiri to me lebih sedap.. lagi satu rasa puas hati dapat bagi tetamu makan air tangan kita...
i love tempoyak.. pernah gi kenduri kat n9, depa masak tempoyak dengan daun ape ntah yg diracik halus tu, bertambah i makan.. sedap..

Azmiezas said...

sedapnya gulai nangka n sambal sotong..combination yg sungguh menyelerakan..ermm..yummy3x...

Laparr..la...n lambat lagi nak lunch..

Ermayum said...

Meh la Lady , kalu dtg klang bagitau aaa erma leh masakkan hehe

Azmiezas kita dekat ja - u duk mana

Anonymous said...

first time i eat gulai udang tempoyak....hmmm .. i need sometimes to like it kott..:)..anyway gulai nangka is marvellous...nyumm3x...erma hv y tried nasi padang authentic seri ratu ?..jommm kawan2..

about kenduri arwah 40 days..100 days...i heard tazkirah fr ustaz on radio...those are actually adat created by human being...not Sunnah..we can do that kenduri but dont ckp kenduri 100 days or what..just say majlis tahlil or yasinan...wallahualam...

Ermayum said...

TQ Labi - I know that is u hahahah- TQ ye I will call it tahlil- n kita buat pun bibila kan takyah tunggu apa2 hari - bila rasa ada rezeki lebih masa lebih bebila leh bagi org makan kan.

Kit Pryde said...

hum.

bila la i nak pandai masak like you tak tahu la.

dah la nowadays kurang masak at home sbb dua2 nak eat LESS nasi.....

but do keep on posting recipes and pictures. i love them!! am even inspired to try them.

pls, post nasi ayam recipe. its my fav. i esp nak tahu how to buat nasi ayam yang color kuning tuh. (err.. if you tahu la).

hugs!!

p/s: you are amazing. dalam sedih2 hilang arwah mak pun, you still have time to layan your online frens like me.

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin