This is my second time here. I always want to come here - to visit once a week or once a month or once in a few months. However, there was always something to do or somewhere to go -after all the open houses last raya - there were weddings invitation or trips to somewhere , then when there are times to go - it is raining especially nowadays. Even during our visit last 2 days, it was drizzling.
Visiting graveyard is not a normal routine in my family. Not once a year, not during Hari Raya not since forever. My real presence in graveyard is when I was 10 or 9 years old. When my grandfather passed away. What I saw that day stays with me till today - a clear picture of what death is. A lifeless body- dimandi and dikapankan, dimasukkan ke dalam lahat, di tanam and dibacakan talkin and then ditinggalkan alone.
I hope now it will change. Hopefully I can find time to come to graveyard visiting my mum. If not always, maybe once a while - or during one of those good weekend- during a bright and cheerful Sunday.
Ustaz says "be polite when you come visit". As we make our make our way to the front gate of graveyard - to the entrance , give salam "Assalamulaikum Ya Ahli Kubur". The graveyard is like a house to the dead - temporary house of course. This is a place where they lay to rest till the judgement day.
So when we go to somebody house we have to be in our best behavior. Watch our steps and watch our mouth. Don't simply walk across any grave or lean on or sit on any tomb. Recites prayers and zikir. Don't talk nonsense.
I took the opportunity of me being there to visit my grandma (my mum's mother) grave as well. It is located at the other end. I had to walk quite a distant to the other side- to walk along a small path between the graves. The path was wet and muddy. At times , there were puddles that made me have to walk out of the path - I was scared that I somehow accidentally stepped on somebody's grave (some old graves has no tomb or its grave has been submerged into the ground (dah mendap). As I walked, I recited small prayers and once a while I almost heard myself say, "tumpang lalu".
I was (still am) a timid girl. This is totally not a place to drop by at dusk or when nightfall approaches :). I used to associate graveyard or cemetery or death people with something eerie and creepy - ghost heheh.
But then again why should I be afraid? One day I will end up here as well. Don't we all?


5 comments:
agree with u.. kawasan perkuburan ni ibarat rumah bagi mereka yg telah tiada... kalau ada kesempatan bila balik melaka kitorang akan singgah ke kubur my fil..
sebak rasa bila tabur bunga..
i suka beli bunga rose, dan taburkan kelopaknya atas kubut my fil...
salam,nk ajak g lwt http://yaniyana.blogspot.com/. tq ya
i can't remember when was the last time i went to the graveyard?maybe masa kecik dulu kot!
march hari tu pun masa my biras passed away pun i tk pegi coz takut hasya nak ikut..
sometimes ternampak graveyard kat tepi2 jalan kan, so i slalu sebak sebab mana tau kot2 esok lusa i pulak yg akan jd penghuninya..bukan sedih pasal apa, sedih pasal cukup ke amal ibadat i ni :(
I pun agree ngan u..n apa yg u kata tu semuanya betul..tapi I pun pelik kenapa setiap kali org lalu kat kaw kubur ni mesti jd takut ke seram ke padahal kita semua akan ke sana gak..entah la..no komen..
I pun nak balik kg raya ni ziarah kubur arwah bapa I....
Lady- I bawak daun pandan dlm air and
letak myk wangi tanpa alcohol tu paling senang
Yani- I 'll drop. TQ for visiting
Zarin- iyala i pun malas bawak budak2 or baby tgk org meninggal pun i tak bawak bukan apa takut they all ni semangat pun baru nak ada coz tempat kematian and kubur ni tempat keras gak coz ada anasir2 yg tak baik tu la kita kena jaga kelakuan- but kalu da terpaksa tawakal and baca doa bebyk
Post a Comment