Nov 16, 2009

2012



Last week,there was a plan to watch Papadom with my girlfriends but it never happened. Thanks to the busy Santa, and newly wed JC.

As I flipped through movie section in the paper last Friday,  a few of my office mates said this movie is good. They said something like "end of the world or tsunami thing" so I figured why not ?  (while everybody was so crazy about MJ- and not to mention some of my friends watched it a few times , I was being indifferent:)) - but it did make me think that the whole MJ scenario as funny though, the world cannot get enough of him when he was no more with us ( we always  never appreciate present people who are still around - I am not talking about MJ in particular, I am talking about me and my mum for one of the matters) .



Anyway, 2012 is a good movie for me to re start my 1st cinema trip in 2 months hehehe. I tried to book/buy tickets online for daytime slot on Saturday and Sunday but to no avail. Sold out man. Finally I managed to get 1015pm show on Sunday night. My hubby got no issue about the next day being a working day. Not something bizarre to him or us because sometime we go for Tuesday Lady Night or Super Wednesday . A tip for Sunday is to have a good nap in the afternoon hehehe .Anyhow going out after 9.00 pm is easier - no need to worry about mahgrib and isya'.

So here I was last night- I did not know that my old sweet John Cusack is in 2012, hehe. He is certainly not a hunk like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine or handsome romantic guy like Ryan Reynold in The Proposal but he is so cute (now not so la da tua :)"). I love him in Con Air and a few other independent movies which titles now I forgotten. Where have you been? Apart from him, there are other old faces as well like Danny Glover as President of USA, and Woody Harrelson as not-so-sane DJ.

So my verdict of 2012?



I give it 8/10. The end of the day things- the tsunami, earthquakes, collapse buildings, falling earth are all look real and scary- to see the earth unravels, falls apart and comes undone send goosebumps over me. Go and watch it . The not so good part and somehow appears very funny and illogical to me is how John Cusack and his family manage to escape all the mishap and natural disaster - try to beat the end of the world?  hehehe

PS: if kiamat is unimaginable, how will it look then as the one potrays in the movie is horrible enough.

5 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

tak boleh bayangkan mcmana kiamat.. i tgk gambar yg u postkan ni pun dah cukup ngeri..
huhu..

Azmiezas said...

I teringin sangat nak tengok this movie..tapi blum berkesempatan coz ada anak kecik..susah sikit..tapi nanti cari CD jer lah..boleh la tengok gambaran kiamat yg owang putih dok gembar gembur kan ni...

Ermayum said...

Lady, Aziemas, Xpa2 gi cari2 dvd- i selalu gak rembat dvd before wayang even shown heheheh - make sure dvd 9 ek :)

my hubby said cam bahtera nabi nuh pun ada- yg dia buat nak escape tu semua binatang pun dia bawak - one thing org putih pandai mereka2 semua ni sendiri dtg dari imagination they all yg peliknya byk gak yg free thinker or yg tak percaya ada nya thereafter.lagi tak nak percaya walau otak sendiri da sampai ke situ ...

zarin said...

john cusack ek? i love him in americas sweetheart..kikiki org sibuk citer pasal kiamat tetiba romantik gitu..
definitely cari dvd coz my other half bz sikit of late...no dating2 tengok movie huhuhu :(

Ermayum said...

Zarin: kan comel dia - cute ja bila dia bukak mulut bertambah cute heheh but nampakla dia da tua sgt as compared to dulu

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin