Dec 14, 2009

Busy being a farmer



I am not into games. I hate it. I don’t like to compete even with myself. I hate the timing. I hate it when I have to catch or shoot something and I fail or die before doing anything or the time has run out and I am defeated – by the machine –by the computer. So I do not really into PS2, 3 or 4 or whatever. Or any other games on Astro or even on my handphone/mobile.


Unlike Mr Hubby who is most of the time so engrossed with the fishes in his handphone or big and little ‘Tumble Bugs’ on his desktop. He is so focus on whatever his playing that when I ask him anything, I will only get a mere huh or hmm answers. Or sometimes during crucial time when he tries to score, I will be shoved away by a slightly raised tone (he said tak sengaja heheh), or a hish or can you please bla bla wait/dont disturb me :)

Until I come to know Farm Ville :).

I am with FB but I am not regularly updating my status or browsing through others. I checked on it once in a few days or sometimes on weekly basis or once in two weeks. I am not the kind of person who updates my status every one hour.  I do not own blackberry (not yet) like Santa who can just counter comment or reply others in a split of second. I know your are on FB during meeting hours Santa heheh.

But Farm Ville got me hooked. I am constantly going into FB at least 3, 4 times a day during weekend and once a day during working days (my office bars FB :)) to check on my crops. I like to plant Strawberries and they can be harvested after 4 hours. Leave them any longer they will become rotten. Similarly , Pumpkin needs 8 hours or else they become rotten. Any other crops like soya beans, take 1 to 2 days. Now I am collecting points and money so that I can expand my farm or buy buildings :).

This game is so relaxing. I don’t have to shoot or catch anything. Yes there is still a time constraint like if I plant strawberry or pumpkin for example but I have a choice for a day or 2 days time interval if I choose other crops. I will not die because I do not perform or tak terror. 

The worst thing that can happen is all my crops and animals go layu and dead. Masa yang teruja is bila sampai kebun gemuk gemuk my hasil tanaman . All is subur-subur and I can sell them and earn money. Betul- betul teruja :) And another good things is I have my friends to help me AND we can give each other gifts. 

I am hooked – so bad heheh. I want to start playing my café but I am afraid I am not able to juggle my time between my farm and my café so the latter has to wait . Hehe this is crazy mannnnn.

PS: As at today, there are 73 million active users/players - the is the most popular game among the whatever ville- they have fishville, yoville and etc.

5 comments:

Shopaholic Mama said...

hellooooo! how do address you?

anyway, tks for dropping by my blog.

I do wonder why Farmville is so popular? Like 9 out of 10 ppl I know play it. I didnt even know what it was when everyone was talking abt it! But since I am not an FB person, so I rather not start, lest I will be hook too..hehehe

zarin said...

owh..ramainya suka farmville kan! i takut nk try sbb takut terjebak..hihi
i ni cepat addicted to games tau!
nasib husband tk suka ps2 ke 3, 4 ke..sbb if dia suka, nanti i terlebih dari dia kikiki...

Ermayum said...

Hi S.Mama, how should I address you as well? heheh
I can be called babe, dear, sis or just a simple Erma :)
Tq to you too
Yes dont start. Nanti nak g shopping pun bertangguh heheh

Hi Zarin dear - dont start nanti kek tak siap hhehe -

Lady of Leisure said...

hihi.. ramai yg i dengar tgh syok bercucuk tanam ni kan.. i sampai skrg takde FB.. dengan blog pun kadang2 i tak menang tangan.. imagine kalau ada facebook kan heheheh...
dah la i ni buat keje satu persatu..
alamatnya keje lain semua tak menjadi...
:D

Ermayum said...

Ye Lady and da ramai hubby yg complain I dgr dlm radio sebab bini sibuk bercucuk tanam nasi tak masak kakaka apa nak jadila zaman sekarang. nenek dulu pun lambat masak gak sebab g bersawah padi but kat real tanah org sekarang kat dlm computer- heheh

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin