Dec 23, 2009

Let's talk Tea



I woke up this morning and hubby said let’s go breakfast - Ong called. Ong- my part time boss – org yang tak pernah bosan with us hehehe – the others calls him with such a protocol but we rock and selamba – sometimes boss sometime just a simple “ONg aaa” ada ong jugak hehehe. Its always him – he would call out of nowhere when he thought of us – at times he just nowhere to be seen and heard.



So we met him at one the restaurant facing the Klang commuter station – there was an old lady selling nasi lemak at the mamak restaurant there – not bad- sapa sapa duk klang go and try it.
After breakfast we went to JJ Bukit Tinggi as his wife whom I call madam wanted to keep her promise to me – to bring me for a tea shopping:)


I am more to a tea person than a coffee person- I can never finish my coffee – hot or cold (even with Starbucks caramel macchiato- I seldom finish it –(nasib ada anak-anak tolong habiskan:) ) too sweet – yet I still want to indulge in its pleasure hehehe). If makan nasi, I prefer teh suam rather than kopi suam (kalau kat kampung makan nasi they serve hot drink kan) 


I love tea that smell nice- like jasmine tea, or teh wangi yang jual kat kedai runcit warna oren tu, I love all those flavored tea. Macam teh dalam botol Maple tu.  I also like herbal life peach tea :), and during my frequent working dinner at Chinese restaurants or seafood restaurants, I come to love the tea that they serve.
There is subtle sweet natural taste that is almost tasteless at times. Unlike green tea which is bitter, this one is not bitter. So I get Madam to recommend one.- Only Chinese knows good chinese tea :).


Madam said what I am referring to is Pur Er Tea. Can be taken even if one has gastric (unlike green tea-)- this tea is thick browny in color and you can drink it for 3rd and 4th times and so on– a biscuit of tea (coz dia keeping keeping called biscuit), can be re used for 10 times, as you re use it, the color of the tea will become lighter).


The benefits that Pur Er has is (that I can remember)
- control cholesterol level
- eliminate body toxin
- slimming effect (ni yg best ni kekeke)


that why it is normally served at Chinese restaurant – as you wall up all the high cholesterol food – it is good for you to drink this tea a lot so that it can clean off all the seafood toxin from your body system.


The price varied according to its quality- if it is in the form of biscuit it will be more expensive Rm 100 over (they have more expensive one also -my friend once told me that her mum bought a packet at RM 4k - gilos baik I beli emas heheh)


If it is in the form of tea leave- (panjang pendek halus-halus and you just take sejemput and bancuh)- it will be cheaper – a box at Rm 40 or 50.


Mug tea ni Rm30 ada lagi yang canggih and mahal


How to prepare it? Always rinse it with hot water 3 times for the 1st time and  – on the 4th count  only you drink it – rendam about a few second and take it out- it is good to use a tea pot or tea mug with a separate tempat tea so when you take it (the tea) out – you will get a mug of tea only without the tea biscuit or tea leaves-



Ps: kalu nak comel beli set teko ceramic tu – with cute cute cup- pegang small cup properly minum cara betul and sopan pejam mata berangan jadi Oshin ke Michelle Yeoh pakai cheongsam  ke hahaha

Gila I tgk ceramic set yang comel-comel but tak berani nak beli takut pecah

5 comments:

zarin said...

i suka tea jugak....kopi tu ikut mood je minumnya...
mana nk cari/beli tea ni??

Ermayum said...

zarin kedai tea - kat mall ada- i beli kat bukit tiggi- kat mid valley pun tak silap ada- u nak? if tak jumpa i bole tolong beli and poss for u :)- cakap ja PUR ER Tea

Lady of Leisure said...

i jugak bukan peminat coffe... tak pernah pi kedai order coffe.. hehe... sedap camana pun..
same like u i always prefer tea... skrg i dok minum rooibos tea.. kalau pi makan japanese, minum green tea.. green tea tu bila minum rasa mcm dia brush semua lemak2 dalam mulut.. tu yg i suka..

Sharinginfoz said...

memang suka tea tapi tak boleh minum ngan susu....

Ermayum said...

Lady- Roibos memang glamor tapi Erma tak suka sgt rasa dia :)
Sharinginfoz - rugila teh tarik sodappp :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin