Jan 2, 2010

All around Books


I got Breaking Dawn but not Eclipse :( - everywhere that I went, it was either sold out or no where to be seen- hmmm selling like fried banana huh? sold out in MPH Subang, MPH Bkt Raja, &; Popular Bukit Tinggi. None can be found in MPH Alamanda and  MPH SACC as well.

What should I do know? Continue reading Breaking Dawn and skip Eclipse? Or should I wait? I have finished New Moon - it took me 3 days :) -

Jacob looked reasonable enough to me in the movie (towards the end of the movie scene) but in the book he was more fierce and bitter.  After all, Bella ditched him over Edward.  And in the movie, I do believe that Bella loved Jacob as a friend,  no more and no less (quite obvious) but then in the book she was herself not so sure. She was  contemplating about what happen if her romeo never came back - can she settle for Jacob?- (ada hati nak buat Jacob spare part tu :))- hmm, I reckon that she was more selfish and self centered in the book than in the movie . 

I also find it funny that I just got to know that these books  are categorized as teen story books. I do think that I am too old for this heheh. I just notice that I can use Er's MPH card for all the teen books (that entittle me for 10% discount- I thought only for children books) heheh - sorry - I grow up too late -as deliberated in my previous post, my childhood was only with Enid Blyton. And my teen period was dominated by Mill and Boon, hahah - so narrow choices kan. because I found it hard to read any other book- hard to undestand English :) 

Oh mind me,  I  remember now that Edward was not the first Vampire that I met actually. I read Anne rice first-15 years ago. Then, it was so complicated for me:)- Again, I dont really understand it and I did not like the novel- or maybe because it was full of vampires and not really romatic enough :).   Even its movie with Tom Cruise and Brad Pit was so flat-

My girls are lucky- Er is into reading also- apart from Peter and Jane (Lady Bird), which her smart reader class make her read, she refuses to read any other English books- I have started to buy other books but she makes face - 'Ummi tak faham la buat apa nak baca- she means that she cannot understand words by words- and some words she is not sure/don't know how to pronounce - (me also you know)- having a child depending on me, make me really wary sometime :(-

Once in a blue moon- I tell her- wait aaaar - I come back to you tomorrow- you guys know what I did? I go and reconfirm with my office mate on how to articulate certain words correctly hahah - I know that there is a thick book called dictionary but still I am not confident if the sound is right or not - you know things with children- they kind of absorb it very fast- and they can can get confuse and stubborn once they think they have it right :)) so better do it right the first  time-

Where am I? Yes, she does not like any other books ,yet I still make her read -I said- lama lama nanti awak faham la- (you'll get to its meaning later). I am collecting 'Let's Read Series (Robin) and  Twinkle-Twinkle Fairy Tales (Future Ace Publishing).
And  once she is  done reading out loud with me, I reward her with 1 Malay book- she is reading "Ana Soleha Series"- book 2, Ana Bagaikan Puteri- 100 or more pages. She looks like she is very deep in reading- and when I ask what is the story, tell me- she sheepishly smiles and said, 'tak tau'/I dont know. heheh- never mind- get the reading habit going on first - lain tolak belakang


Sorry I ramble:)

Till then - I need to go hunting for "eclipse" :)
And bergumbira ya - it is new year still and weekend.

PS:
Mar is still on TV- If I let her, she can dissapear into the screen. Still on 2 syllabus words- Ummi bagi chance coz last year you 4 tahun  ke bawah- better be ready for this year :).

Since I fail to search for  Eclipse, I am on Edward -Bella break - now halfway reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone- yess my friends yang da baca - besttt- baru la boleh appreciate Harry - buku lagi sedih eek? sian dia anak yatim kena buli -:(

4 comments:

zarin said...

try tesco or carrefour...if u r lucky..sure ada..if not u can borrow mine...i boleh postkan together w ur pressie tuh..haha..tp kena pulangkan balik ye!

Ermayum said...

zarin tq dear sanggup u berpisah ngan edwad hehhe- tadi i da jumpa kat mid valley belambak nasib baik-actually i call dulu tadi tanya takut kecewa :)

Shariz said...

Erma : I dah baca all 4 books. sgt best dan sgt suka...hehehe...I like Breaking Dawn :)

But true la, buku ada lain sikit dari cerita. Dlm movie New Moon byk jugak part dlm buku yg tak tunjuk dlm movie.

Well, enjoy reading twiligt series. Which Team are you? I'm Team Edward...ahaks :D

Ermayum said...

Shariz hi- hmm im getting to also- I am with Edward pesona in books he is more charming but in movies I drool over Jacob hahahah

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin