My neighbor called me last week to ask for a favor- She has no lucks with her maids and now awaiting for a new one-
She called me and asked if I could take her children temporarily and let Ana took care of them during the day. I asked her, ‘ when your new maid will come?’- she said she is looking for the quick one and already has a few temporary candidates (maids). She maybe able to get hers in 1 or 2 weeks. Contemplating what she said, I said OK- It was hard to say NO- I was not good at saying No for my own selfishness or own advantage. I told myself silently that the worst is for 2 weeks. This considered as an emergency and if I were at her place- I would require such help also at least for a few days before I can find a baby sitter or nursery.
Then one of the days this week (after one week) , I asked Ana, ‘ kakak depan said anything or not about her getting any maid?’ And Ana said, kakak tu tak tau lagi maybe dalam sebulan kot- (that my neighbor is not sure about when the maid is coming- it could probably be in a month). So is she going to leave her children here for more than 2 weeks?
Bad as I feel, I asked her when her maid will come and if its going to take longer, it is good if she could find a nursery. And I try my best to put it in a so much polite way (I hope) and said she can still leave her eldest at my house as she goes to the same morning and afternoon school with Erdina. I also suggested that she leaves her 3 older children (those who go to school) only and find another baby-sitter for the younger children
You see, I have 4 children, hers are 6 and total is 10. Two (my eldest and her eldest) go to school- then left another 8. Two of her children go to kindie in the morning and are back at 11am. Each is at 5 and 4 years old. Then she has other children at 3, 1.5 and 6 months baby.
My worries are for these children who stay at home. Most of them are babies/toddlers. Including my sons- 5 of them.(after 12pm total children at home is 8)- against Ana of 1. My boy is dependent on her. And my neighbor’s 3 and 1 year old sons are also not that independent yet- they cry for attention or throw a tantrum now and then.
There was one day, when I reached my house earlier (from work), it was very crowded. I smiled at my self - is this how it feel to have 10 children? - Being there for 2 hours or so, it overwhelmed me. Looking at the sweet baby girl who waited for somebody to pick her up saddened me - I pity her. And with 1 or 2 who cried for whatever reasons gave me headache already.
How does Ana manage? I bet she has not enough hand- and maybe she does not have time to do any house work (I did ask her initially and she said she is ok - she can handle it she said)
I think there are too many toddlers (Including baby) to attend to. :(. My neighbor sends her children at 10 am, all with the day's food (rice and dishes). She is a nice neighbor and I do want to help especially during emergency (darurat) time like this but I don’t think that darurat is more than a few days.
I was really in a dilemma but I do hope that she did not take heart when I suggested that, 'she looks for a nursery if it will take longer time'. And I did explain that I am just worried that things got out of hand – so many children cry at one time and Ana turns crazy or clumsy.
She took her things and did not drop her children the day after that. I sms her that I did not mean for her to do that straight away and I am sorry if she takes heart. But she said she understands my concern and she said she does not take heart- and we are still OK . SO I hope we are.
What will you do if it happens to you dear dear semua?


13 comments:
if i'm in ur shoes, i'll do the same thing. suggest her to find a temporary nursery. wif a reason. susah ana nak handle bebudak tu alone. harap dia paham... all the best to u ;). yg mesti kelu nk ckp
This is just my opinion.....people like to take advantage of other people's kindness. Frankly speaking, I would do the same thing :)
I'm sorry that u have to go tru such situation..I understand what u r goin tru. Hopefully she'll quickly get a new maid or she'll quickly realized that she had troubled u. I jenis susah macamana pun will find a way supaya tak susahkan org lain. Kalau anak sorang dua takpelah..
woooooo.....i'm still not qualified to say anything in this matter. but you, who is trying to manage 10 kids at the same time, deserve a pat in the back.
Good luck, ermayum. wish you all the best.
i would do the same dear..we dont want anything bad to happen rite..
lgpun pity ana lah..maybe dia taknak komplen kan. :)
hi ladies :)- ye ye memang susah kan - my office maid cakap patutnya straight away i cakap ramai sgt tu kau sorang dua takpala but i ni tak reti weiiiiiiiiii - mengong heheh - but then again i thought ok kot bukan lama but lepas tu bila i sendiri duk situ adoiii matikudasai- budak2 merengek - tapi anak2 dia baik tak buat sepah semua cuma merengek gaduh sesama they all la myg baby merengek nak suh amek la hehhe
but i think we are ok - coz dia jenis yang lembut2 gak cuma maybe bila i da bersuara dia segan and terus amek anak dia = but at least i do it with a good attention - (hmm :) sedapkan hati sendiri)
tq girls
wow! macam dah boleh bukak nursery dah ! anyway me too would do the same babe!:)
hmm..if i were in yr shoes pun dilemma gak kan? tak ckp salah, nak ckp pun salah.. somehow i wonder, kat their side, penah ke derang terpikir yg kite ni mcm mana? hmmm.. but then i think better ckp, takut terpendam dlm hati lame sgt:) just my 2 cents:)
i juga akan buat benda yg sama...
i think that was areasonable thing to do. kita concerned pasal anak-anak tu jugak. 10 kids - mostly toddlers and a baby - must be rather overwhelming. i yang baru anak 3 orang ni je pun kadang rasa macam nak pengsan bila duduk rumah...
ABH- keluar la - sabar:)stage by stage heheh as
Maya betul - susah nak cakap tak cakap pun susah - but i try gak la heheh
Haida- I hope so :)
kalo lana pun bt apa yg erma buat.. sebelum ape2 yg x elok terjadi .. malang x berbau..
TQ lana:)-
TQ all
Post a Comment