Jan 4, 2010

Ease at School


I am off work these few days- Thurs will be the day I work hard on office things :)- as for now I devote my time to Er- I think 3 days are long enough to guide her.

Basically, I follow her in the morning and afternoon - going to and coming back - and stay in between for a while from a far- It is not that I allow her to depend on me but it is more to give her the assurance and confidence- a little help won't hurt, I guess.

I just want to make sure she knows where to wait for her bus, recognise the makcik driver , know which van to go to, know where and how to buy her own food in the canteen and know where to find the toilet. She is doing well - And tomorrow I can already leave her alone but being a frantic mother as I am - I am just going to follow her for another day - in and out in a split of second and maybe she won't even realize I actually were there.

She asks me for a big hug this afternoon before I leave her school- I am taken aback because we are in public - (you know some children dont like their mother to hug or kiss them in public- maybe Er is not reaching that level yet:))- So I give her one big hug- maybe she wants to make herself more brave so that she feels much better- or maybe she tries to get some of of my strength onto her- She looks fine to me but I think there is a bit of nervousness around her- afraid that she has no friends, afraid that she won'tbe accepted- (hmm what else ye a 7 year old girl is scared of- that was what I was afraid of back then :))

And I hope my hug makes her day better, cast away her worries and bring her more confident .

happy schooling my love

7 comments:

Azmiezas said...

Ok lah tu..pelan2..lama2 Erna ok lah tu...dgn suasana baru,sabar ya, Umi...

Ha..ah..betul kata u, sometimes anak2 x suka kita hug dia depan public kononnya malu lah tu..kan??..tapi i akan rasa bangga kalau anak i hug me tak kira kat mana...coz tanda dia sayang bangat..kat kita...

Lady of Leisure said...

she ll be ok insyaAllah.. :)

bila baca entry ni i tersenyum bila teringat masa darjah satu my dad yg temankan di luar kelas hehe..
but once i dah jumpa kawan i said to him 'daddy balik la takpe i ll be ok here, ada kawan dah ni' hehehe...

Ermayum said...

TQ aunties :)

Shariz said...

my son dah masuk Darjah 3 ni memang dah start malu nak hug depan kawan2...hehehe....pagi tadi I nak hug dia, keras je dia...dia kat dia malu la depan kawan2...hahaha...dah besar dah :)

Ermayum said...

Shariz :) macho biasala laki heheh

A.Z. Haida said...

Er will be fine, insya Allah
i guess it's only normal that the first (few) day(s) of schooling saw anxious parents peeping through classroom windows and playing hide-and-seek here and there just to check on their children, hehehe.

i guess Er asking for a big hug is way better than having to comfort a crying or wailing child, kan?

Ermayum said...

Hi Haida- iyala I think that is better also hehe cuma kesian ja pagi ptg mlm occupied but InsyaAllah they will be able to handle all with ease :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin