Yes I have doubt but I guess my confident level is much greater that the doubt- I have faith in her- I am still in a shocking state but I guess it does not matter now- It reinforces all the belief that they are all the same- as my friend told me- no matter how angelic they are in front of you- they turn into a different person when they are back home- they forget all their promise- to come back.
My maid, Ana does not come back- I called her uncle mobile last Friday to ask what time she boarded her ferry and I found out she was still at home.
Since yesterday, my head keeps playing back all our conversation and my suspicious grows. She answered the phone awkwardly and another voice came in (her auntie) – apparently too eager to explain what happen to Ana. – Ana sudah pergi ke jeti kak pagi tadi masa nak turun bas dia kena rompok ( I think she means kena rompak- she got robbed)- habis semua hilang passport, phone ) – I said can I talk to Ana please- ye ye kak ana dalam bilik air (what the hell?)- I said I want to talk to Ana now- and Ana's voice came in and said ye kak saya kena rompak ni badan saya sakit sakit jatuh- she was in pain—I asked her why did nt she call me- and she said all gone, nombor akak saya takda- fine (but I remember when she was here- her mother called me before)- then another thing is from her home to jetty is 3 hours drive- when she arrived, her uncle fetched her, why this time she took a bus?- didn’t they send her?
I quickly called my agent and he said Ana was bluffing (for whatever reason that makes sense to her)- I tested Ana by telling her what Haji (my agent) told me- u pergi buat passport baru- get a replacement passport and come back here as a tourist- we sort out your documentation here – and she said something about need longer time to get passport and need some more money and blab bla- her auntie also sibuk cakap iya kak immigration mintak wang tunjuk itu – I told her to use the 3 k that she brought back and she said that she spent all the money (paying deposit for her mum’s house etc)- 3k translated to more than 10 juta rupiah habis in 5 days?
So that was it-
I have faith in her – I trust her- even I just renew her I let her go – but hampeh
2 things- 1) she really got robbed- I cannot help her if she cannot help herself- she has to get back here somewhere (borrow money from whoever and pay them back here once she arrived) - there is no way for me to bank in another amount of money to her- if there is no gurantee. if she was really robbed- May Allah's blessing be with her and dipermudahkan rezeki dia yang akan datang)- I am sorry I got my things to sort here- nothing much that I can do
2) she was bluffing me- she does not want to come back (but I did ask her in Dec- do you want to work with me still? And she said yes)
She only brought back 1 year salary with her- 1 gold chain worth 1k , and 1 gold bangle that we presented to her (it is a goodwill from our family because she took care of my mum well)- it is worth Rm1500-2000.
So knowing that there is another 1 year salary that I keep, why did not she come back? –
I pening- penat fikir pasal all the possibilities that might happen and not and why and yet I still don’t know what really happen-
I was mad because she caused me this trouble and if it is without good reason- I will be furious (but I guess I will not know)
I do intend to give her money back (considering it is her hard earned income) but I make her wait and see how she will fight for this) and of course I will deduct all the necessary- including my headache (esok nak keje ni – anak sapa nak jaga etc, new permit paid unutilized all)
So what do you think? Did she really kena rompak? (nak balik indon bawak banyak duit tak kena rompak nak balik sini duit da habis kena rompak pulak?)
PS:
Me as supermom continues for another 2 weeks or so - hopefully settle la semua to get a new maid.
Poor Oyum-has been with kakak since birth- u can always hear him call Ana from upstairs – Anaaaaaa, Anaaaa – learn to say Ana first before Ummi hehhe (not that Ana is closer to her but 'Ana' is easily pronounced :))



14 comments:
owh gosh..i byk kali heard bout this maid problems..bila dorang balik mesti tak balik lagi sini..maybe for them the money is enough like u said 10juta rupiah and 1 year salary still ada kat u..this is not the first time i heard bout this,u kene lebih hati2 pasni k dear..
kalo ana tipu u,mmg tak sedar dek untung..biar tuhan je balas..
I think she lied bout being robbed. It's just an xcuse. Susahkan takde maid. Bila ingatkan yg anak2 close dgn maid ksian..My maid has been with me for 6 years. Wpun dia nampak baik byk kali gak dah menipu..I just don't trust them 100%.Hope u can manage..
hiiiiiiiiii...sorry lama tak jenguk u kat sini...
pening kalau cerita pasal maid ni... banyak jugak cekadak dorang ni sometimes kan buat kita pening kepala...
wan-i pun tanya kawan lain yg pernah kena semua cakap tipu la tu - memang they all baik but bila balik da kena hasut ngan family terus tak datang :(- i tunggu ja bila dia call nak duit nanti
TK- i think so byk kawan cakap cam tu- i can manage :) insyaAllah - cuma sedikit penat - takpa baju supermom i ni superman bagi leh terbang heheh
nasib anak i tak tidur ngan maid - baby tidur ngan kitala buat rapat-:)
ABH- hi dear takpa asal u dtg sekali sekala:)- try to read all hehehe- to catch up
Lady kan?- la ni baru i pening - Lady jgn pening2 :)
Susah juga tu bila maid takde...banyak yang nak kena rearrange ye... hmm, dari citer yang akak tulis ni, i don't think that she was robbed. but tak tahula.. wallahualam.. hopefully akak cepat dapat maid baru ye :)
Ala..jangan pening2 lah..I memang faham sangat perangai diaorg ni..
kalau dah dapat balik kg, nak balik sini, memang liat la..pas tu bagi kita mcm2 reason..sakit jer hati kekadang tu kan??..(thru my experience..)
oh dear!!so, dia tk dtg balik ye!slalu mcm tu kan, bila dah balik kg..kena hasut ngan family, tknk dtg
what if after a few months bila duit dia dah habis n dia call u nk dtg balik kejer ngan u..u accept lg tk?
hihi..dulu my MIL punya maid mcm ni lah..bila balik tk nk dtg, lama tu call nk dtg balik...
Sigh... scary stories man. Now I am also in a dilemma whether to get a maid or not. Cannot survive with them, cannot survive without them.. Good luck to you in finding a new and better maid. As for the remaining cash, I would say keep it since she doesn't want it.
wow...heard this kind of story all the time...a friend of mine suffers from the same problem. the maid just took off.
i guess you need to hang in there - being a supermom a while longer.
Chaiyo!Chaiyo!
I mmg banyak kali dengar the same reason given to my relatives and friends from this kind of maid. Usually it's like that, once they are in their 'kampung', they seldom come back...I think it's because of their family's hasutan too. Kalau nak cerita pasal maid ni memang panjang...hehehe
All I can say is that I hope you can find replacement as soon as possible. Take care and no pening2 kepala...hehehe
hi kawan kawan semua -
apa yg u all cakap meamngla betul kitapun dah byk dgr
insyaAllah kita tak pening byk byk pening skit2 ja
and insyaAllah here supermum to stay heheheheh
maid oh maid...
can't live with them
can't live without them
go, go supermom!
the trick she used is an old common trick! but at least you still hold her salary.
I cant imagine if mine would concoct this story and if she does 1 day, then its just meant to be. Maybe 12 years with us is long enough..
Post a Comment