Feb 6, 2010

Losing the precious one


I was blog walking last night - and I arrived at here-  and I tracked back the story herehere and here and I cried  (maybe you think I am so easily touched - No, this is not a romance book that I cried over, this is a real story).

I could not imagine if I were at her place (or at anybody's place at all - who has lost a child) - losing a mum is hard enough but losing a child is beyond my imagination - to come to one's sense, to grip such a wretched reality-

From my experience (of losing somebody who is close to my heart), sad does not come immediately , shock turns into calmness, then turns into numbness - a state of no feeling - tears only fall later - A sense of longing or missing the one who we have lost will never go away. It will never heal- that part of our heart is gone forever.

I think she is so brave to be able to write in details a sequence of events that happened during and after the accident.

Reading her story make me want to hug my children tighter- to not being mad at the smallest petty things - to be more patient and of course to spend more quality time with them 

I am not sure if losing a child before his or her birth (miscarriage) is easier than losing a child at birth (after carrying him or her for more than 9 months) or losing a child when he or she is still a baby or a toddler or losing them when they are a teenager or an adult - Each is hard and none is better than the other.

And  I don't want any . But it is not our choice to make. We can only pray for the best -pray that our children live longer and once they become independent, and successful in their life- we can go in peace. Amin.

Semoga Ummi Harris tabah dan cekal and roh anaknya dicucuhri rahmat
- Al Fatihah-

PS:
I am so thankful and grateful - because I never had a misscarriage like my dear friend has or death at birth like my cousin has- they are a few of many of the strong women that I know- they are happy now but it does not make the past is the past- every little angel is always thought for now and then.
Though the little ones touch their mothers' heart for only a short period of time (in the womb) or be (in this world) with their mother for a split of second- their mother will never forget them. 


My mother lost my older sister when she was 7 days old- I could not imagine the thought of being pregnant for 9 months but to be together in this world for only 7 days-  It must be hard -
And my mother would remember every 25th of July - she would buy ice creams to be distributed to all the children playing outside our house because the day was my sister birth day- she remembered it for as long as she lived. 

16 comments:

dllhsn said...

She must be very strong because Allah knows she can handle that. :)

p/s: kak, saye dah tukar my blog url.

www.aliladrun.blogspot.com


:)

Ermayum said...

Dalila - iya she must be -
yeah i found u and have updated the link:)
but how do u do that ? heheh

zarin said...

oh dear! sedihnya..i tk boleh bayangkan kalau itu terjadi pada i nih :)
both of them, ummi harris n ur mom are very strong and brave..

noorul said...

thanks for dropping by kat blog i.
memang sedih baca kisah ummi harris..bile ai baca entri u..memang betulkan..buat kita makin sayang dgn anak kita.
ujian Allah S.W.T kan? Allah itu Maha Mengetahui..

Ermayum said...

zarin :( me also

noorul hi dear tq to you too -
iya memang sedih - happy also that she is pregnant again - Allah takes one and give back one - Allah maha mengasihani- walau yang hilang tak boleh diganti - each one tak sama but Allah lagi maha mengetahui dan lebih menyayangi yang pergi- we love him but Allah loves him more-

TK said...

Salah satu dugaan paling hebat from Allah is losing a child. My sister who was very close to my mom passed away 10 years ago when she was 33. It was really hard for my mother and all of us too. My mom always look at her photos and ckp pasal dia for months tak berenti2. Lagi dia cerita lagilah sedih..

maya amir said...

yeah.. she must be strong..Allah duga hambaNya sejauh mana kite be able to handle it kan?..Al Fatihah

Ermayum said...

TK takziah - it must be hard on you too

Maya yes that is true- ' dan Allah tidak akan menguji hamba2 Nya dgn sesuatu yang hamba2Nya tidak mampu menanggungnya' - Allah give ujian yang Dia tahu we can deal with - strong eough to deal with - itula sebabnya dugaan orang berbeza beza kan

dllhsn said...

oh, from your dashboard,u can just go to setting. then go to publishing. there u can change the url. hee

Lady of Leisure said...

tak semua org punya hati secekal mereka kan... semoga Allah berikan mereka rahmatNya..

*gorjesmum* said...

i've read this before..n yup shes a strong mum.. taktau kalo i kat tempat dia mcamane ye..i cried too dear

Kit Pryde said...

hari-hari terkenang i terkenang dia, dear.

everyday.

everytime i get my period (cos we're trying for another child) - i think... "maybe its cos of ME that we lost Manja's kakak/abang..."

everyday i think abt my lost baby.

it doesn't make it easier to lose him/her without ever seeing him/her, sebab masih terkenang2. masih teringat2.

and i still rindukan anak tu.

Ermayum said...

Kit dear - siannya - sabar ya dear

I cannot imagine and if i said I understand it maybe it an understatement - berat mata memandang berat lagi bahu yang memikul and each one has her own burden to carry-

thought my loss is different from yours but the heaviness to each one of us has the same rasa yang tak tertangung - unbearable -

but sebagai hamba Allah sapa la kita kan - may ALlah give us the strength to move on

Kit remember this - your child is waiting for you - he or she will not let go Kit - dia with you always and you will see the baby for sure - dia tunnggu you Kit - have faith and please know how lucky you are to have somebody waiting for you at the other world.

**hug** - **hug again** tighter this time:) -

Shopaholic Mama said...

truly touching!

I had a miscarriage too after my mom passed away suddenly, maybe becoz I was too stressed thinking & dreaming of her almost every night. I mcm orang gila. My hubby even brought me away for a 2-weeks hols so that I can forget but I still cant. After I came back, I miscarried, barulah I tak mimpi my mom lagi.

Thinking back, I actually dont know whether to feel bad for the baby or not but it was sort of a relief as I was able to move on after I dont dream abt her anymore. So I guess the baby was just not meant to be mine..

Ermayum said...

Hi SM:)

Oh dear I am so sorry- it must be hard for you dear 2 losses at once-

yes true true it is not meant to be -

samala kita :( takda mak lagi

Anonymous said...

laptop accessories [url=http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-i1800-laptopbatterymodel428.html]universal laptop battery[/url] laptop accessories http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-a105-s2071-laptopbatterymodel1757.html Laptop search and advice
buy laptops [url=http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-2303-laptopbatterymodel1454.html]Buy Cheap Laptop Battery[/url] compare prices laptop batteries http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-5160-laptopbatterymodel757.html laptop review
Apple laptop battery [url=http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-2304-laptopbatterymodel1453.html]Alienware Laptop[/url] Laptop Adapter http://www.hqlaptopbatteries.com/-1806-laptopbatterymodel221.html compare laptop prices

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin