Feb 13, 2010

Read Please

I do not make any trip to cinema this month :)- I wanted to watch 'case 39' (I love Rene Z) last week but the show time was at odd hours- it was either at late night or late evening- And I told Mr Hub to search for it at the dvd store :) but to no avail.

 



I  notice that the reader is showing on the movie channel, this week.  I watched it last year on a dvd- back to back with Revolutionary Road-  And it's automatically become one of my favorites. If you have not watched it- you must :)- A unique storyline and it is based on a true story


Kate Winslet is superb-
She is Hanna who had an affair with an under-aged boy- During their indecent  affair- Hanna always made Michael read story books to her- The fling did not last long when Hanna suddenly disappeared.

Years later, Hanna was in a trial for a horrible crime and Michael was there as one of the law student (who became an observer of her case's trial). She was found guilty and sentenced to death - however, the truth is- she was hiding a very personal secret. If the whole witnesses in the court room knew what that was- she would be found not guilty at all- such a twist :)


Michael read Hanna a story book

                                                         Ralph Fiennes as the adult Michael


She can't read (buta huruf)-And somehow, she could not admit it to the whole world (I think it is more because of her pride and self embarassment).

During her stay in prison- Michael sent her tapes of all the story books that he read to her before- she took the tape- listen to it one by one  and take the books (of the same tittle with the tapes) -she managed to borrow them from prison's library) - put them side by side and try to READ by listening- interesting kan :) -

Go and catch it and you’ll know what I mean :)

Till then - cheers


Ps: This is an auto post

5 comments:

maya amir said...

ohww..i luv kate winslet;)

Ermayum said...

:) best - da tgk ke?

Lady of Leisure said...

my sil gave me case 39 dvd last nite... belum sempat tengok lagi hehe..

Azmiezas said...

I pun suka tengok lakonan kate winslet..best..

Ermayum said...

Lady tgk la cam best ja :)

Azmiezas kan? cantik pun cantik :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin