Do you know what does your name mean? Those who have children must remember the long list that we went through to come up with our child name kan- punyala panjang and macam macam combination and in the end how do we decide ? :)
I spent 9 months on finding the right name but then hampeh :) - I just did not know which one to choose hehe. I had a long list for each of my child. My eldest child’s name was decided by my SIL no 4, the 2nd and the last one is by SIL no 3. All names seemed beautiful to me and for that I became indecisive:)
Children's today are so lucky- We, parents spend ample time to find the best name that carries the best possible meaning.
Unlike in the old days, some of our parents, grandparents and grand grand parents had name after the days of the week – like Isnin, Senin, Jumaat, Khamis :). And some of them had more funnier names- My MIL is Sulong. One of my SIL’s father was called MAMAT – hmm so sempoi- My mum side got names that associated with keturunnan Jawa- MISKAM, TUMINAH – and some people have names like Miskin or Yatim or Muda (sory CA pinjam nama bapak hang as an example).
My name has no meaning :(- :0


Er full name is Erdina Syaminie – nice smell, good behavior, good beauty- harum, wangi, baik budi- Nana, Comey Belako- am I right? :) or does Erdina or Irdina means something else? I change the 'I' to 'E' because I want my first daughter to have the same initial with me- ES :)

Mar is Marsya Rafhannah- healthy, wealthy and blessed- sihat sejahtera and mewah - This girl has the same initial with her dad- MR. My Marsya was born first before Marsya AF came. Some friends asked if I named my girl after her- hmmm pe'leaseeeeeee :)
Oyum is much simpler - after going through such a long and complicated list and combination,I decided to take the simplest one- Muhammad Qayyum Iman- Cahaya Iman yang kekal dan terpuji- such a weight to carry but I hope that he will grow up to be a good person - as beautiful as his name.
His name tak ikut initial sesapa sebab I da pening. And it is quite a common name also- among other names that were in my list then - Qayyum Iqbal, Qayyum Syamil, Danish Iqbal (lepas tu keluar pulak drama Rosyam Nor nama cam tu hmmm terus tak jadi heheh)
How about you all dear dear semua- what meaning that your name or your child's name carry? :)

13 comments:
excited sgt ms pilih² nama anak ni. mine is hasma ( asma = nama ), lela ( laila = malam ) so, if combine jadila " nama malam " ;)
my name...huh, has no meaning :P
my hubby kamal bahrain, kamal means "kesempurnaan" bahrain pulak i think nama negara tu lah kot hehe but he said, bahrain means "antara 2 lautan"
as for hasya maryam pulak, hasya means "kesempurnaan" sama pulak ngan my hubby punya meaning and maryam pulak is "wanita"..actually i suka marsya hihi tp my bff dah amik dulu and maryam pulak we all memang nak satu nama classic gitu heheh..no lah..i like maryam coz that's the surah dlm alquran and so happen pulak my hubby punya grandmom is meriam :D
know what, masa i skolah dulu i cukup tk suka my name "zarina" sebabnya always last in everything..hmmm masa tu terpikir naper lah my parents tk taruk letter "d" kat depan instead of letter "z' kan!
your kids' name unik & nice..i sukak:)
hehehe... my name? tak ada makna rasanya.. tapi kalau i direct translate maksudnya jadi 'cahaya teh tidak' haha ntah apa2 je kan...
my son nama dia arri cattus, and my doter molly cattus, cattus tu maksudnya cat in Latin.. hihi...
kat kampung i ada org nama pelik2 dan tak sedap didengar.. sometime i wonder, awat la mak pak dorang kasi nama mcm tu esp org dulu2.. nama bunga kan banyak.. bunga raya pun ok ape hehe...
Hi has - malam yang bernama - :)
Zarin nama hasya uniq - modern campur classis cam nama anak my friend- zara jamilah :)
maya tq:)
lady da balikkkkkkk hehe nama anak2 u pun unik latino gitu hehe
i wrote a similar entry on the meaning of my kids' name and how did we end up naming them so a long time ago... (http://look_again.blogspot.com/2007/08/meaning-of-kids-names.html)
as for my third, he is named after one Qiraat scholar (Asim) and the president of Hamas (Haniyya) - a combination tribute to the past and the contemporary. and it's also a combination of both hubby & my Mak's suggestions. I am ok so long as we stick to the tradition of having MAH as his initials...
AZ Haida - hmm lagi hebat nama anak2 you :)
my name pon tade maksud. paus i dok cari tp keciwa. irdina means kehormatan kami i baca dalam buku nama-nama islam. i kalau boleh nak kekal kan nama anak2 i 'IR' depan..heheh. tak dapat title IR pon dah ade IR dh kat nama...aci dak?
nana hi betulla tu good behaviour keharumanku kehormatan ku hehe-
oklaaa semua IR consistent ja heheh
my name plak takde maksud...cuma my dad told me that my name is inspired by Tun mahathir nyer wife.
Yess memang betul kata u.Parents nowadays ambik masa nak pilih nama anak².Waktu ai pilih nama haziq dulu jenuh nak fikir sebab tak tau nak pilih nama apa(sebab banyak sangat pilihan)last² hubby gak yang tolog muktamadkan nama haziq tuh.. :)
My name means 'kemenangan' that's why kalau apa2 hal i selalu nak menangggg... jer!!..kikiki..
Cantik nama your daughter. BTW, I ada keturunan Jawa gak. U asal klang ke? Which part? My son is Amien Adli. My daughter Sarah Zulaikha. I x igt the meanings. Yg I igt Adli means keadilanku.
Noorul hehe
Azmiezas- amboi sis u re the champion hhehe
TK tq dear- klang dear jalan tepi sungai meh la dtg sini i masak for you:)
Post a Comment