Mar 22, 2010

Film vs Book

I know that books are always better than films- I used to think that if I have watched any films then it is a waste of my time to read the same version in books- until the new moon :).



Then I read Eclipse, Harry Potter 1 and 2. These days, I am in a mission to read all films that I like- to read the books of the films that I have watched .


It does not matter if I watch the movie or read the book first. Reading it later will not waste my time as it will only reinforce or clarify the movie more. And I have to agree so far that books are always better


Shariz has warned me to read TTTW first but I cannot wait as I have both with me- dvd and book- (I know ramai dah baca buku ni I ketingalan bas:))- It will be some time before I can read the book as I have a few books which are waiting in line (and I am reading at a crawling pace:))


Shariz, maybe I ni jiwang and mudah tersentuh and you dear maybe lebih kental jiwanya because you said you are frustrated with the movie and the ending is not sad all- but from a fresh perspective of somebody who has not read the book, I like the movie and it touches me – it got me carried away (not crying though :) but a tingle of sad feeling harbors in me – even after watching it, I could still think of the movie – re playing some scenes and try to understand it – yeah – the past, future going back and forth is a bit confusing – I did not really get it then when Michael J Fox travels in back to the future (supposedly I think it should be Back to the past?:))


Coincidentally, currently I am reading Alexandra Potter’s Who’s That Girl where the heroin of the book got a shock of her life when she bumped into her 21-year-old-self, face to face.

And the book has it theoretically as , “instead of a universe, we are living in a multiverse- there are a few universe within the multiverse"- and I quote Alexandra’s book “all universe in a multiverse are called parallel universe”- where the future, present and past co exist in one parallel line – so at any point of time you can just go back and visit your old self:) . hmm that is scary  heheh


So when I watched TTTW- I just kind of get it that Eric Bana is living on a multiverse- still umur tak panjang tak guna juga boleh melompat lompat time ni –but his wife and children are lucky I guess- they can wait for a visit from the past :) and his daughter can always visit his father as she is a time traveller as well. Cuma yang buat sedih nya dia mati muda lagi- mati tragic pulak tu


But since Shariz said the book’s ending is more heartbreaking- I will have to get ready – to be mentally prepared heheh and I will also get a box of tissue ready :).


Hmm if I were to live in a multiverse – I want to go back and visit my adolescent years when I was in primary school and tell ''the me then" to be a smarter girl (I tak pandai masa sekolah rendah :(, fail English sokmo, not that good at Math and Science as well until I was in standard 6 - I met one teacher that inspired me hehe (will cover this story in other post- if I can remember la ye)), re visit myself in secondary school - SM Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Kuantan –anybody of you from here?:)), revisit me in college days- and tell myself that college life is not hard at all – there are harder things out there pass the college life :)– so don’t be so stressful – I would tell myself that, ‘you II be ok Erma, kacang ja semua ni' :) and of course I would revisit zaman bercinta cintun heheh – and so much more – and I could also go back to the past and visit my mum, my grandma and my sister. (hmm jangan merepek Erma :))


How about you dear semua ?- which self of yours would you go back to and pay yourself a visit :) ?

PS:
I take the above title back - it should be let's time travel :)

11 comments:

Azmiezas said...

bila cakap pasal buku, teringat pulak akak, novel yg belum habis baca lagi tu!!..

zarin said...

i pun prefer read 1st then watch movie tapi if dah tertengok movie dulu pun i tk kisah nak baca citer dia after that..
i pun dah lama sgt nak baca n nak tengok TTTW ni tp masih blm dapat lagi...eh, nampaknya i laaaagi tertinggal ketapi nih :D

Shariz said...

hehehe...I like the movie oso but only frustrated with the ending sebab kalau ikut buku, after the husband died, the wife tak jumpa dah the husband until she is really really old (kalau betul la apa yang i baca ye...hehehe) tapi dalam movie, diaorg tunjuk yg the wife still dapat jumpa husband dia even selepas the husband mati.

Dalam buku, part yang wife tu tak leh jumpa husband dia tu lah yang buat I sangat sedih....

But Eric Bana is very handsome kan...hehehe

LadyInAyu said...

i dh tgk citer ni..tp mmg sedih time dia tau dia akan mati tu kan..x sangka mati ngan cara mcm tu time dia g travel..

N A N I E said...

I prefer to read rather than tengok movie..:) Ai nak visit my math teacher masa zaman skolah..semua tu my good old days :)

Lady of Leisure said...

i jarang nak baca buku, u know lah i sangat tak suka membaca.. kikiki..
lebih prefer tengok dvd... even masa study dulu, i akan cari jugak e book sebab malas nak baca buku :-D

tapi semalam i beli buku habiburrahman yg baru episode 1 & 2 lepas baca review dekat blog zarin mcm best...

screamingmommy said...

I've been meaning to watch this movie but one of my friend sort of gave bad review so tak jadi nak tgk..but lps baca ur review mcm tertarik pulak..must do thing ths weekend:)

Kit Pryde said...

i felt the same way when i read the book - except i did cry, esp when he was gone and his daughter went back to look for him.

i just cannot imagine living a life like that, esp knowing that there will be no more "visits" for years and years...

i would be so hungry for a view of him, mula2 rasa dapat tgk sekejap pun jadi la, then when he comes and goes, imagine the heartache?

so, i've decided not to watch the movie.

i am still grieving over the "dream" that i want to buy the most. i know movies like these would break my heart, so i don't watch them. *shrug* i'd always think too much.

and bravo on reading books that've been made into movies. i agree with you - i always like the books' version better than the movies.

Ermayum said...

Azmiezas kekeke akak ni saja ja tiap kali saya tulis pasai buku akak teringat buku akak- heheh kena tulis selalu la nak ingatkan u heheh

zarin must watch - tak puas la -kena baca buku cepat ni-
and Eric Bana is a plus kekeke - but i belum sewel tgk dia lagi :)

shariz heheh eric bana who ?:) then mr hubby kata eric bana yang jadi raja mengong dalam the other bolyn girl (yang kat astro sekarang) tu yang ceraikan bini permaisuri dia and kahwin ngan gundik tu heheh then erma said oo yg tu ke (dlm filem TOBG tu benci betul tengok dia - so weak and mengong heheh)

Ayu- kan sob sob:)

Nanie hehee oh another inpiring teaher ye:)

lady :) that a good start- but erma pelikla lady baca blog byk and panjang2 cam blog erma ni boleh pulak eh?:)

screaming mommy - cite ni memang flop kat cinema - memang lembab skit but interesting and saddddd :)- dia tak dapat enough justice in cinema maybe:) but i personnaly think itis one of a kind :)

Kit alahai Kit sian nya kat u :( - dont think of it too much k - i pun sometimes cam u gak suka melayan fikiran and think deeper and then mula la depress sekejab-
but that life i guess - our emotional state is always on a roller coaster ride:) - be strong and be brave - my prayers for u

TK said...

I suka sgt movie Twilight tanpa baca bukunya. . I love the movie and membuatkan nak sgt baca the story book.I terus pinjam from my student the story book last yer lagi but x start baca pun lagi.Buat harta plak buku tuh! BTW, my younger sister sekolah tu..SMS Sultan Ahmad Shah, Kuantan.I sek Sains Selangor.

Ermayum said...

TK u must read all 4 books:) twilight, new moon , eclipse, and breaking dawn- lagi best dari films dear :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin