Mar 25, 2010

Sayonara Friend


My next-desk-neighbor is leaving us for good. It has been years since the first day I met him, 5 years ago. He came as a trainee and he has grown and matured so much since the that day – grow in term of pangkat and salary as well :)


We are in the same division for more than 3 years – on and off (big organization has organizational changes every year but pi mai pi mai tang tu gak ) . He is always mistakenly thought as a Chinese guy (he looks like one as he got chinese blood in him), he looks calm and poise enough- good looking and charismatic enough. But in person he is just one of the craziest guys whom I got to know :).

He thought of me as a sister and mind you that he said that I am the only one who can sit in front- next to him- in his car while his- wife –to-be sits alone at the back– he said that of all people- I am the last person/women on Earth, her fiance would be jealous of- (hmm it can be a compliment or it can be not :)- iyala I ni tak lawa- buat apa la Farah yang gorgeous tu nak jelos ngan I heheh) whenever I join there for lunch -
when not driving, I prefer and I always grab for the front passenger seat first- that is always my seat (even if there is a pregnant friend with me – teruk nya u heheh) because I don’t like to be seated at the back - it gives me headache – on some occasion only, I am willing to give up (with not so happy face :)) – when Mr Hub is driving my SIL’s car or when I give way to my father to take the front seat.

Melencungla pulak – So we have a series of farewell lunch and dinner for this friend. One with division, one with close friends and another here and there and I am sort of being everywhere:).

So, yesterday, I called some of his close friends (which happen to be my friends as well) to go for a steamboat lunch. I heard about it so many times (from the person,who-is- resigning) and we did plan to go there before but it just never happened. And we are supposed to have a division farewell over there as well this Friday’s night when it got to be cancelled due to our big boss unavailability.

He told me that the place serves superb steamboat and it is halal (they even got halal cert displayed at their counter) many Muslim haji and hajah eats here also (according to him la :)- org tua pangkai songkok ja haji la kot org tua pompuan pakai tudung hajah)- all the the other nearby steamboat restaurants are non halal except this one- so he also told me that there are not that many people eating steamboat during lunch hour (because steamboat is hot – hard to eat during hot day- you will be sweating like hell) – so I did not care to book or call.


So off we went- total of 3 cars with our big boss following at the last minutes (oh he is a friend of many of us here, particularly quite a close friend to the person who is resigning).


It was already 1 pm and we (me ja kot :)) were starving and to my shock (and despair), it was closed. There is a note posted on the front door saying something like, ‘with effect from March 1st, we are no more open for lunch’ – they open from 5pm till midnight instead. The ‘he-who-is-going to resign’ was already on x&%**%* words :) (hmm this part of you that I would not be missing I guess- aman skit telinga I nanti heheh). So he said let’s go to another one at the back- Flamin something steamboat –bawah sun in hotel and guess what? – it was not open as well. Is this karma? hehe 

Hmm I think these are the signs –he is not allowed to resign (not to forget, that he just found out that HR does not have any record that his last day is end of this month as the letter given to our boss is somehow lost its way to HRD hehe...


In the end, we decided to go eating at one of the nearby restaurants. Sorry la as one of my friends put it "bad plannerla hang" hehe - selalu lunch kita ambush ja apa ramai2 pun -

To you who is going- I wish you a lot of lucks and a lot of money :) and a lot of success – kad kahwin jangan lupa - and don’t worry I will watch over your love one when you are no more around :)


PS:
The steamboat restaurant that we headed to is Yuen Steamboat - dekat shoplot belakang mentari court tepi federal highway tu - ada sapa sapa nak cuba boleh la:)

10 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

kikiki... i pun normally dok depan... dengan my parents or mil pun still i yang dok depan, tapi husband yang suruh hehehehe...
:D

zarin said...

adusss tukar lg layout???mana gamabr anak2 u?heheh comment tk related langsung :-D
btw, masa i resign dulu, i refused to go for my farewell lunch sebab i memang p****d off with my ex boss n colleague :-(
terukkan i nih :-0

screamingmommy said...

Ermayum, ur title kasi suspend je,..ingat nak migrate ke apa;) btw I've been to Yuen once for our office monthly outing..the price is cheap, food variety pun ok.At first rasa tak confident tgk the shop, sbb looks so chinese..tapi lps tgk ada a few muslim pakai tudung..then baru I makan:)

Ermayum said...

Lady heheh

zarin cam i said keboringan tahap gaban ni - nipun tau bape lama will stay heheh

screamingmommy ha tula yg they all cakap but they got halal sijil u know:) and many said sedap sana - fatty crab takda - u pernah makan?:)

screamingmommy said...

Ermayum : berjawab2 pulak..he..he.fatty crab tu kira high end laa..food wise not much to my personal liking..biasa2aje.
Yuen pulak, kira different league all together untuk makan ramai yg affordable.Yang ala2 Yuen to seoul kat Wisma pantai..which i suka sgt

Ermayum said...

screamingmommy hehe no problemo - oo lagu tu ke - i baru nak pg weekend ni tak tau lagi camna - nanti i tell u k- but i kind of can expect already how the place will be like :)

Azmiezas said...

Rajinnya tukar template lagi..

nanti akak bagi award ya!!..(maaf:..komen di luar tajuk)..kikiki../D

Ermayum said...

azmiezas xpa kak takda yang mesti salah dan betul hehe award paling byk kali tukar background hehe bosan kak kena tutup blog la jawabnya bosan tgk :)

Anonymous said...

all the best to ur fren tu. nnt dpt jiran baru la kan :)

Ermayum said...

Has hmm tak tau la beli so far org lain ke absorb sikit2 la - they are freezing vacancy now - nak test we all cukup keje ke tak heheh

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin