Apr 5, 2010

It only happened when I was pregnant


Pregnancy is one of life's miracles and wonders- Now you are pregnant now you aren't :-D


What I remember the most was the chaotic mind - struggling to find peace with my inner self- to stay calm - to stay rational, to pray hard- to pray for the best- to not imagine the worst


To be careful at all times - what I saw- what I heard, what I whispered at the back of my mind- all things matter you know


Throughout the 9 months, as I treasured the moment(and ditch it :)- because I looked like an ugly penguin or fat polar bear), I did face the unthinkable and earth shattering situation that took my soul away :)- you will know what I am rambling about in seconds :)


When I was pregnant with Er- I was awaken up in the middle of the night because a rat bit me- serious k- it bit my toe and I was pretty sure it was a rat- (because my parents' house had rats then and we were in a mission to catch them (letak gam or perangkap).I screamed like I was being strangled and pushed/kicked :) my husband's so hard- trying to wake him up (though I think he had awaken, out of shock of my loud scream) - I said, 'tikus tikus gigit kaki orang' and in a split of second he stood up and the next thing I realized, he was already with a broom knocking the floor - I said,'no don’t kill it - did you knock it out? no no' - you know what I was afraid then? If my sweet Er took some resemblance of the rat- or some part of it yang my husband da terketuk :(-I never stopped praying since the day – pray that my baby would be all right – tak terperanjat-my first question when I regained my consciousness was - is she ok? - is she normal?


When I was pregnant with Mar, everywhere I went, I came across people with cleft lip/cleft palate and I prayed hard she would not have it -masa tak pregnant takda la pulak i terserempak ngan they all - I do pity those people- most whom I came across were already in adulthood or mid life - So I guess that there were no treatment when they were babies - but nowadays this kind of defects can be rectified and babies will look normal- yet nobody wants their babier to have it if possible- my first question after awaken up from the c-sect was, "is her lip ok ?" i remember that I asked the same question over and over to my mum, untie, husband and nurse - they were all were obliviously - not aware what the fuss was all about- they all ingat I still lalok dengan drug lagi :).


What happened during Er and Acha's pregnancy cannot top what I faced during Qayyum's- that was the worst of all - it almost coz my jantung melayang :)- I tidied up my kitchen and put all the waste and unused things into a plastic bag (beg sampah plastic hitam tu) and put it aside at back porch- the next day, i casually grabbed it - to bring it to the front gate - to the bin - when I suddenly realized that I was actually holding a moist, hard-soft small creature - to my disbelief and astonishment,  I realized that I was actually holding a frog- I screamed like no other's business - and almost fainted then and there- eeeeee gelii - rasa tak nak dah tangan i yang da tercemar ni eeeeeeeee :)


Not to forget a few weeks before that I terpegang mengkarung - kerasss ja - eeeeeeeee - tu pun jantung i dah gugur juga but dia keras ja ok la sikit ni katak you eeeeee- lembik2 keras berlendir cam tu eeeeee


I am almost can feel it in my hand now heheh- luckily my little prince charming looks as handsome as the prince’s frog (after the frog is turn into a human prince lah :)) . Q looks normal since baby but there were times when I think his legs were too bended like a frog's legs - anyway that was only my imagination running wild - of course la baby of 1 or 2 months old memang kaki bengkok sokmo especially kalau tak bengkung- but mana tau kan nanti dia masuk sukan terror acara melompat hehehe


Whatever it is , kenala banyak banyak berdoa - always pray for the best - and may all the bad things dijauhkan – insyaAllah and alhamdulillah


How about you dear dear semua yang pernah pregnant?:) yang belum tu moga moga akan berjaya menempuhnya dengan kekuatan mental dan jiwa - physical sudah semestinya la :)


Until then - cheers

11 comments:

screamingmommy said...

ye lah reading ur posting reminds me of things like pantang larang when u r pregnant, I, myself was extremely careful during pregnancies;)

Lady of Leisure said...

hehehehe... suka i baca entry ni i seriously i yang just baca ni je pun tetiba boleh rasa ada katak kat tangan i... :-D
sure geli gile kan lembik2, lembap2, debab2 gitu.... eeee..... hehehehe...

*gorjesmum* said...

aha!!i rasa sume pregnant woman had same feeling when it comes to this matter..ada one part sampai i tutup mata i taknak tengok ape2 yg pelik sebab takut terkena kat my baby..and yes the best thing is to pray to Allah untuk baby kita sehat2 je..:)

zarin said...

i pun dulu slalu risau takut kena cleft lip tu sampai tanay doctor boleh nampak ka bila scan heheh
oh my oh my i takut n geli gilos kat katak huwaaaa i lari jauh jauh n if jadi u mesti i rasa mcm nk rendam clorox ke nk campak je tangan tu kan :-D

Ermayum said...

screamingmommy - iya - i rasa kalu pregnant 10 kali pun feeling nya sama ja - risau sampai la baby keluar - u lagi pregnant twin lagi mesti lagi macam2 heheh nanti blog about it k:)

lady eeeeeeee geli heheh-

gorjesmum betul tu semua mesti rasa

zarin tu la tu tak masuk la cite2 harry potter , lord of the ring la x men la yang kita tgk heheh
i worried coz sometimes dr tak detect abnormality gak iyalaaa dr bukan tau semua - alhamdullilah semua ok i pun da tutup kilang and da hit my quota hhehehe

Azmiezas said...

Bila akak baca pasal n3 awak ni, teringat pulak akak masa akak pegnen dulu,..

suka cium benda2 wangi mcm sabun n ubat gegat yg berperisa,..sampai rasa nak makan semuanya pun ada..hihihi..

Ermayum said...

azmiezas oo kak itu should be cover under perkara pelik masa pregnant hehe
ish kak ubat gegat wangi ke alahai nasib akak tak makan :)

Ermayum said...

screamingmommy iyala kena sentiasa berjaga - u twin lagi la blogla about pregnant with twin k:) i tunggu

lady eeeeeeeee geli heheh:)

gorjes betul 10 orang anak tiap kali pregnant pun mesti tak aman

zarin me too :( i risau yang tak nampak dalam scan tu iyalaa dr ke scan ke tu bukan tuhan kan kadang ada benda dia tak detect - nasib la i da retired dari banak heheh

Shopaholic Mama said...

Tell me abt it!!

It was more stressful thinking of the pantangs than anything else.

My SIL even asked me to hang a nail (as a necklace but hidden inside may baju) in case ternampak Cik Pon ke...

Ermayum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ermayum said...

Shopaholic Mama - hmm i silap jawab comment :)
hmm heheh i know about nail or benda tajam heheh - masa confinement kena letak gunting bawah bantal halau devil :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin