May 1, 2010

Engagement and Burial


Salam semua, happy labor day to you and you. Yang duduk umah pun labor gak :) bukan saja yang bekerja


I have a lonely day today, sob sob heheh . Mr Hub is away till tomorrow evening, attending a course, organized by his company.


My untie called me yesterday, inviting us to attend his son’s engagement ceremony and I told her that I would not able to make it as Mr Hub is not around. But this morning I said what the heck?. hmm orang da jemput kan pergi jala jangan mengada ngada – It is not as if I don’t know how to drive – So off we go and my father decides to come along at the last minutes (because at first he told me that he does not want to go as he is not feeling well) but then he is the first one who got ready :D


The ceremony took place in Bandar Tun Razak and we were there for about 3 hours. All went well and my little cute handsome cousin now officially has a fiancĂ©e. The wedding day is scheduled in less than a year from today – standard la kan. InsyaAllah moga sampai ke jinjang pelamin and then happily ever after :D ( I will cover cerita pertunangan in other post,if I ingat:))


We excused ourselves around 2.00 pm and my dad said, ‘it is still early’. Let's go around the city, jalan jalan. I said, “ok ok we can drop by Mid Valley, window shopping”- I was thinking that I could do a survey on pre raya shopping :D (is there such thing?), hehe but all shopping spree is cut off from my imagination when he said, 'jom bawak budak budak pergi tugu Negara. I am like “WHAT??” I said, " Pa, panas ni tugu Negara apa ke bendanya". And he said ,”ala budak budak ni tak pernah pergi lagi kan, kalau tak kita pergi Muzium Negara".


Between the two, the latter is better. Whatever you wish heheh but not somewhere without any roof . So berdondon la we all go to National Museum, me and my 3 children, my dad and Jernih.- dah la berkain kain kurung ni alahai.


My first visit to National Museum was when I was 7 years old. Erdina is 7 years old this year. What a coincidence. All looks the same– the steps to the front entrance, the fountain, I still have a photo of me at 7 years old with these background. What a nostalgia heheh. But kat main hall tak sama - there are gigantic photos/posters of CT, yes the dato :), Ning Baizura, Ziana Zain and Anita Sarawak - all adorned with Rafflesia pearls - In fact, the museum displays the gowns and shoes that CT and Ning wore on their wedding day :)-  all glittering with diamonds and pearls. Sian they all ni belum jadi artifacts/ancient da duk dalam muzium heheh


Interestingly, the coffin exhibition starts today. I said, let just go and have a look at this – the seasonal exhibition only– rather than going through all the artifacts and history exhibition (because my children are still young and I don’t think they appreciate all those things, macam pergi Petrosains tuhari la lari sana sini, tapi tengok Tengkorak pandai - ee hantu they said :)).

I thought that the coffin exhibition is at the main building but apparently it is not . We got the wrong building, so we have no choice but to visit all those cultural and colonization days and Malaysia today before we arrived at the next building (not before I felt like my knees all go weak, running after Qayyum,  on and off has to carry him- and he is 14kg- pengsan- sakit pinggang I).

The coffin exhibition is at the other side – next to the main building – and I got goosebumps looking at all the skeletons (lots of them and they are real)- all those found 100 years ago. Scary you – I mean it is the real thing- If you are somebody like me, who got scared easily :) please don’t go so near . Kereta tolak jenazah (cam kereta lembu tu ) yang di gunakan zaman 70 an pun ada – somebody donated it to the muzium, just imagine how many dead bodies it carried in the old days. Then there are a display of all type of burial, burial atas pokok, dalam kotak dalam perahu and all with a pocong or mayat buatan. I told my dad that I got headache so let's get out of here quickly. Call me a superstitious or what but I don’t take for granted all this spiritual things. Anybody heard of badi? Curse ?

So I get Jernih to make sure that all to take a bath first and foremost once we arrive home. It is like we just come back from visiting a graveyard or dead people, you know. Hmm hopefully I don’t have any nightmare tonight :).


But if you want to go – please do so – it is open to public from May 1st to 20 June. All children below 12 years is free admission. Adult ticket is RM 2 each.


So sapa berani pergi? :)

12 comments:

Azmiezas said...

Teringin pulak nak pergi pameran 'keranda' tu..esok ok gak kan??..nanti lah tanya mr hub dulu..

..tapi kan,..takut pulak nanti bila malam tak boleh tido la pulak!!..eeeee...serammm..

diana sidek said...

cutenya ur dad ajak pergi tugu negara but u nak pegi midval.heheheh!! if org bagi i 1mil skali pon i xkan pegi the exhibition erma. i ni gila penakut sesangat!kalau i, sure berbulan kena org temankan i tido. heh!

Ermayum said...

Azmiezas sis u ni berani ye heheh - i kalau tau cam tadi tu tak masuk la kot hehe

Alice Law said...

Dropping by from kiasu mom,hi! It's a memorable experience for your sweet lovely kids!^-^

Happy labour day to you!

Ermayum said...

diana heheh g la ngan pakwa ke ngan hubby hehe da berpunya ke :) but serious i tak nak g da mummy ke coffin ke no- ni pun duk terbayang ja ni :)

alice hi dear :) tq drop by

zarin said...

owh u went to national museum? last skali i pi sana was late 90's kot..itu pun kena paksa ngan boyfren i...kihkih lawak tak i pi dating kat museum..haiii nasib badan dpt boyfren suka history nih..pastu i terus break up ngan dia sbb memula kenal macam sama minat tp dah kenal baru ku tahu macam langit ngan bumi kikiki..

Ermayum said...

zarin dear amboi skima nya dating kat museum heheh bagusla tak jadi ngan pakwa tu kalu tak u tak dapat hasya hehe :)

Kiasu Mom said...

Ewww.... coffins... the word alone sudah scare me.. hehehe

Ermayum said...

Kiasu heheh I ingat i berani but bila da tengok eee menyesal:)

Lady of Leisure said...

erkk... how was yr sleep last nite? ada mimpi ape2 tak? hehe

Lady of Leisure said...

i sangat teringin nak pergi tapi i agak lemah semangat, bukan la superstitious ke apa tapi kadang2 i agak percaya benda2 spirit2 nih jugak hehe...
thats y kalau dulu masa jaga baby, balik rumah i akan mandi n ambik wuduk dulu nak kasi buang yang tak elok hehe..

Ermayum said...

lady kalu cam tu tak yah g- i tak lena terbayang2 terbangun2 da la malam tadi tidur sorang then i switch on the light penakut punya pasal lampu jamban pun hidup heheh

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin