Jun 20, 2010

The Man He Is

He is a man with no expression. He talks straight to the point. He makes clear of what he expects and tolerates no hanky panky. He voice used to roar like a lion :). I dare not lie. I dare not make an excuse. I was always scared of making him angry.  

He talks to any little self as if talking to an adult because he treats small children like adult. He told me many things that I did not understand then but make perfect sense to me now. Mostly about life and people or why people react or behave in certain ways.


He teaches me to do  good deed, to have a clear conscience, the right nawaitu, to be nice to people, angel and ghost :) and for that I will be okay, even non human will not disturb me. He emphasis on never taking people' things and be jealous of others, because as long as we are willing to seek or work for it, there are enough for everybody.


He encouraged me to study hard. Money for books and fees wont be a problem, he promised. He reminded me frequently by telling me that without education I would be nothing. Hard life would make my life harder.


He used to be my driver and now he is still a companian on a passenger seat when Mr Hub cannot not make it to accompany me. In the old days, he sent me to school every time I missed my school bus (I susah bangun pagi heheh, tertinggal bas sokmo), he drove me to clinic every time I got an asthma attack - (almost every week and every month when I was 12 years old). He came all the way from KL to Kuantan right after I called him that I was scared of ghost in my dorm. In my pre college years, he picked me up every week from my college without fail (I  never stayed back for the weekend). He drove and accompanied me to 101 :)(exaggerating) interviews - high rise buildings and shop lots, small and big companies. In the first year of my working year, he picked me up from my office every time I had to stay back late (in the old days, I could work till 10 pm - zaman muda yang berkobar kobar hehe) and . Never once he leaves me alone when I ask him to do me a favor.


He earns hard money in his younger years. He saves a lot, and He tolerates no wastage, on food and any of our belongings - walau da buruk and da kopak and da koyak - selagi ada guna. He makes me have it difficult. You want to buy something, you save. You want a car, buy your own. Never in my life, money and things were handed out on a silver plate. Work for it in order to have it - show my efforts and maybe he would chip in a little :).


He never throws or passes anything as garbage. He has 2 shop lots of store that are filled with steel rods, wooden boxes, broken chairs, shabby sofa, old computer, tv, old bikes, antic vespa and you name it. Serious k. At time, he will select some and do a garage and bundle sales. Yesterday, he just sold an old mattress to a new tenant for RM 20 :). I ask, "naper tak bagi ja benda tu?" and like always, he answers, "mana bulehhhhhhh elok lagi tu" :). RM10, RM20 on old junks are still a good money for him. Though I doubt that he needs that money at all.


He is a patient man in work and in business. In the 80s, he built 4 rented houses with his bare hands and completed it alone in 1 year. He sat all day along waiting for his sales to pick up and never gave up if there was nobody buying. He only took 3 months to clear off a few acres of forest :)(exaggerating again heheh but besar la satu ekar ada kot) and re plant the whole field with fruit trees, He loves planting trees. He loves berbakti pada tanah- Rambutan, manggis, durian,pulasan,belimbing, jering, serai and all


He is my father. A person who gives me half of his soul and his life for me. We don’t have  "I love you hug and kisses" relationship but I love him and I know that he loves me.


To me, he is a complicated person, hard to understand his mind and action but I have no regrets knowing him the way he is. After all, I turn out well.

Happy father's day to all :D. Happy father's day to Mr Hub as well (should I write you a special entry or another poem heheh :), hadiah birthday and father's day belated la ye - no money hehehe)

7 comments:

zarin said...

ths reminds me of my father :D
happy father's day to all

Yummy Mummy said...

He would be proud to read this special entry...*small tear in my eye ;)

Reanaclaire said...

Happy Father's Day to your Father..

mine has passed away for more than 10 years but he continues to be in my mind ...

reanaclaire.com

Lady of Leisure said...

happy fathers day to yr dad..
called my dad to wish him this morning hehe...

TK said...

Byk pengorbanan ayah.kan. Tak terbalas...Makes me miss my father yg dah xde..

Ermayum said...

zarin :)

yummymummy :) he wont show it thought emotion eludes him :)

reanaclaire hi dear my condlolence for your loss - me also dont have a mother anymore :( -

lady co chweet :)

TK - doa kita selalu with them and i am sure your father and my mother are with us all the time

Shopaholic Mama said...

Eda, did yr dad read this entry? he must have been touched!

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin