If May is a mother's month, Jun is a father's month :).
To tell you the truth, since I was a little girl till the day I got married, I never celebrated one. I only started celebrating the days when I become a parent, me wishing Mr Hub, he wishes me (if he can remember hehe) on behalf of our children.
I think it got to do with how I was brought up, the whole background 'thing' about being a traditional Malay family. We did not celebrate parents' day.
As I grew older, it became very awkward to even wish them happy mother's day, happy father's day, walau kadang kadang teringin gak. Giving card is not our 'thing' you see. But not celebrating it, and not saying it, do not mean that I do not appreciate them. Just like if I never say I love you every day does not mean I do not love them. It is got a lot to do with how I was brought up and it is not something that you can change. It was the culture back then I would say.
But today, I make it a culture in my own family. A card on a father's day and hopefully a card for me on a mother's day. Tak pun belanja makan pun OK :). Since my children are still little, we adults do all (tolong beli, guna duit sendiri, tolong sign) but hopefully after this, they will do it on their own from their heart. Out of nowhere, when I dont even aware that it is a mother's day, a card is left on my console table. Co chweet :) .
I can't wait for the days they are able to do so. For the time being, it makes me happy enough when they come home bringing school-made card with the help of their teacher, ummi, ummi nah teacher suruh bagi ummi :)
Ps:mail2blogger.post
Ps2: no, no, June is not a football month - that is only once in 4 years and not always in June :)

7 comments:
Akak dah 2 kali tak sambut..Father's Day..since abah dah tak de..
akak cuma buat tahlil jer utk arwah n sedekahkan Al-Fatihah..
What you said is so true... we don't have that kind of upbringing at home too and therefore we find it awkward to wish our parents or kiss or hug them. I definitely don't want to go down the same route with my kids and I want to encourage more hugging and kissing with them and it must start from young. Hopefully things will change in the family for you and me :-)
i pun tak pernah celebrate mother's he father's day ni.. cuma lepas kawin i just call my mom and dad to wish their day..
as for me, my hubby tolong wishkan on behalf of arri and molly... and dorang every morning pun will wake us up, dia akan datang dekatttt muka and cium2(kejutkan), kadang2 i buat2 tidur sebab suka kene cium dengan dorang hehehe.... walaupun dorang kucing tapi disebab kan dia pandai mintak, pandai panggil, pandai manja menangis etc i boleh rasa jugak nikmat as a mommy...
:)
betul.. tak bagi card, tak wish doesn't mean we don;t luv them kan..
Azmiezas iya kak tahlil pun kira cam wish gak kan ;)
Kiasumom betul :) i pun macam u :)
lady ala tomel nya - kucing memang manja dulu kecik2 i pun suka but i sedih if they all mati or kena tinggal so i tak sanggup bela but they are unique because they can feel us kan :)
agreed..ayu pn xde celebrate2 hari2 mcm tu, myb sbb x dibudaya kan dr kecil..
ayu :) betul tu tak dibudayakan:)
Post a Comment