Jun 27, 2010

NS- More than Romance


I have read a few of Nicholas Sparks (NS) books, so far. – Dear John , The Last Song, and now I am reading A Walk To Remember, (almost to the end) :)) and The lucky One – (concurrently also reading the host by Twilight Saga author, and Keeping Faith by JD heheh, ikut la mana yang I nampak – macam biasa my books are all over the place, bila nak sambung eh kat mana I letak tadi ye :))


I seldom read romance books by the male authors. Surprisingly, NS is as sweet as the lady authors :) and able to make me shed tears as well. One thing that I notice about NS’s books is they are always two in one. 2 love stories in one book and sometimes the non romance love story is much stronger than the romantic love.

And I think he is very good at exploring the father son /father daughter relationship. The confrontation or the miscommunication that teenagers always have with their parents and how at the end of the day, parent's love is much stronger than anything else –irregardless on how one turns out or has behaved or has become and how we should always appreciate our father because lifes with the love ones is just too precious  to be wasted away.


I also manage to get the dvd but Dear John the movie is a disappointment though -it almost changes the whole story, I cried at John's father who is suffering from a disorder called asperger - and how John's relationship with his father grows apart because he fails to understand that his father is not a normal father. The film, on the other hand, fails to show what John’s father really suffering from. And another thing is the book does not end happily ever after - and it is certainly a portrayal of a true love - sob sob so sad sad sweet book :)- Love demands great sacrifice. Love does not mean being together and all

                                    nasibla muka hero boleh tahan kan zarin hehe

 
Can wait to get hold of his other books and I am looking for the last song movie :)

8 comments:

Azmiezas said...

Rajinnya..

akak dah lama tak baca buku..tak sempat..

Lady of Leisure said...

nights in rodanthe tu best tapi endingnya sooo sedih...uhuk2, tapi i tak baca bukunya i just watch the movie kehkehkeh
:(

zarin said...

baca jgn tk baca ye babe :D

Ermayum said...

azmiezas xpala kak baca blog ja :)

lady hehe ha tu la mr hub kata dia tgk kat astro dia tak panggil i , dia kata mana tau i nak tgk uwaa :)
i nak tgk semua movie dari NS book

zarin mesti mesti

cikayu said...

erma, tak terkejar i nk membaca semua buku

Ermayum said...

cikAyu takpalaa baca blog ja hehe

N A N I E said...

macam komen komen ai yang terdahulu..u patut menang award pembaca paling rajin!

Ermayum said...

nanie camna nak menang kalu baca tak habis buku hilang ja hehe

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin