I am feeling more than romantic lately hehe- maybe, induced by korean drama on maaduu :)
So,I find myself picking up my old, shabby, discoloured and stained historical romance books (HR) and re read them. My all time favorites are all books by Judith McNaught (JM).
So,I find myself picking up my old, shabby, discoloured and stained historical romance books (HR) and re read them. My all time favorites are all books by Judith McNaught (JM).
First, I picked up Almost Heaven off the shelf. It took me less than 48 hours to re read it as thoroughly as I have read it the first time 20 years ago (tuanya saya, bersekang mata last saturday) . And now I am on a second book – Until you- If it is not because I have to wake up early to work (I read at night), I would have stayed awake longer.
Nothing ever changes- the feeling is still the same- the sweet lingering feeling when I feel that I weigh lighter than wind (ceh:)) , bila rasa kaki tak jejak dibumi, bila rasa like I am flying, terasa diawang awang heheh.
JM is one of the few authors who just gets it right in term of connecting me to the characters, she get its right- it touches my heart (on the dot :)) after only a few pages :)- And I think she is the best among the few (sori sebab dah suka).
She builds up the background of the story, make you feel sympathy with the two main characters until you heart aches - then she makes them meet under very extra ordinary circumstance, fall in love only to be separated again and of course the climax is when they are united, once and forever :). I read many other authors of HR but I don’t think they get to me like JM does.
What else can I say?- the feeling that it evokes is just so beautiful and contagiously romantic. And no matter how snobbish, arrogant and cruel her hero is, you will fall in love with him still. You just cant help it.
She builds up the background of the story, make you feel sympathy with the two main characters until you heart aches - then she makes them meet under very extra ordinary circumstance, fall in love only to be separated again and of course the climax is when they are united, once and forever :). I read many other authors of HR but I don’t think they get to me like JM does.
What else can I say?- the feeling that it evokes is just so beautiful and contagiously romantic. And no matter how snobbish, arrogant and cruel her hero is, you will fall in love with him still. You just cant help it.
Shamelessly I tell you that her books never fail to make me laugh out loud or cry (quietly)- in private and in public,- And she does not only do that- when her heroin's heart breaks – my heart breaks as well and it throbs unbearably (over la tu) selagi tak sampai ending happy , makan tak kenyang, tidur tak lena if tertidur , termimpi mimpi heheh.
How about you dear yang suka membaca (yang tak suka tak yah jawab hehe)? I love her historical romance more than her contemporary romance.
How about you dear yang suka membaca (yang tak suka tak yah jawab hehe)? I love her historical romance more than her contemporary romance.
Have you read all her books? Any of you read the followings?
My favorites of all are almost heaven and something wonderful. I tak suka Whitney Mylove sebab dia rape bini dia uwaaaaaaaaaa – and it is so painfully sad :)
HR
1. A Kingdom of Dreams (1989)
2. Whitney, My Love (1984)
3. Until You (1986)
4. Miracles (1995) (in A Holiday of Love)
5. Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (2011)
6. Once and Always (1987)
7. Something Wonderful (1988)
8. Almost Heaven (1990)
2. Whitney, My Love (1984)
3. Until You (1986)
4. Miracles (1995) (in A Holiday of Love)
5. Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (2011)
6. Once and Always (1987)
7. Something Wonderful (1988)
8. Almost Heaven (1990)
Contemporary Romance
1. Paradise (1991)
2. Perfect (1993)
3. Night Whispers (1998)
4. Every Breath You Take (2005)
1. Paradise (1991)
2. Perfect (1993)
3. Night Whispers (1998)
4. Every Breath You Take (2005)



17 comments:
Hey babe! Am a JM fan too! Have read all her books except Cant Take My Eyes Off You. My faves are Paradise, Perfect & Something Wonderful!
eh feveret i gak something wonderful and almost heaven cuma i tambah lagi satu..remember when...these 3 books dah lunyai i baca beratus kali dah...almost heaven dah jadi arwah dah haha remember when dah jadi arwah tapi i beli lagi buku baru hikhik obsesskan i ni:D
and i betul2 tk suka whitney my love..i dah bagi org dah buku tu sbb menyampah sgt
kadang2 i dok wonder bila selalunya u membaca.. masa nak tido ke? hehe.. rajin betul..
ni yang nak gak try rasa penangan maaduu ni..hehe
wah besnya buku2 dia..i mcm tak pnah baca...harus g cari nie hehehhe...tp kan i ni masalahnya...mula2 jek bkobar2..tapi bila sana sini kacau terus tlupa nak ngabiskan huhuhu..pdhal dulu paling suka baca novel2 camni :(
tapi more to shopaholic le hehehhe
i nk baca 10 pages dlm masa 1 jam pun susah...mungkin sbb si kecik tu nak baca gak buku i...dia bagi i baca buku dia, dora the explorer...
i read all Judith McNaught books.One of my favourites!
sgt romantik n best sgt kan...
my favourite is Until You.:)
adakah jiwang mode is on ;)
Hi Jab :) samala kita ye
zarin u ni kan asal tak suka nya bagi orang hehehhe but memang i hangin ngan hero Witney MyLove tu
lady iya la nak tidur kena ada feeling romantic dulu kkekeekk
ashra please do so heheh tell me what u think
sisdee u must try one :) tangkap syahdu u
ciKayu - dora pun buku gak :)
Joy oo sangat jiwang n sensitip nowadas kekekek
Pulut :) iya sgt best -
i love to read.tapi i tak layan buku jiwang2 ni.hehehehehe...
kalau u bagi i james patterson 48hrs da bole settle.
i tried sophie kinsella tapi bukan jiwa i.or i yang memilih sangat?
Dari dulu sampai sekarang, tak hilang jiwa romantik dia. Unai pun suka gak baca Judith McNaught. In fact ada a few of her books tp tak ingat tajuk la.
Dari dulu sampai sekarang, tak hilang jiwa romantik dia. Unai pun suka gak baca Judith McNaught. In fact ada a few of her books tp tak ingat tajuk la.
i suke almost heaven..wahh lamenye i tak baca JM...
syida caya la lu hehe - i suka John grisham and sdney sheldon -
unai eh mana ada kita romantik dulu heheheh
maya iya g la reread
My favourite romance author! Have read all in your list except 2 (from A Gift of Love). Compilation ke apa? I go cari kat library :) If only my knight in shining armor is as gallant and handsome as how she described all of those heros!
Hi,
I pun suka JM. My fav is Double Standard..Bila baca mesti nangis. :)
Arita hi dear :) agreed tangkap leleh kan :)
Post a Comment