Oct 19, 2010

That Time Around


The school year is coming to an end. And at this time of the year, our children are in the midst of preparing or sitting for the final exam
Dina is going to sit for her end year exam on the 25th Oct. – Not UPSR, PMR or SPM heheh, cuma Standard 1 End Year Exam sahaja.

She has no problem in her previous exams or monthly test  yet I am still worried (risau seorang ibu la kononnya hehe). So I drag her to do exercise after exercise.  Though her exam scores do not affect  her standard 2 placement, I believe that one must do well in all/any exam at all :). Even exam ambil lesen kereta. Bukan la kena score gila gila kan but tak boleh la amek ringan- I mean we must do thing the best that we can- yang terbaik you know :)- bukan sambil lewa

I hope the intensive exercises  will help her stay alert until the exam day. I started them 2 weeks ago and it is ongoing until next monday. Semangat punya mak huh? :D

I know, I know – standard 1 is nothing and I should not pressure her.  And I hope that is not what I am doing.  Kadang, I do feel that I over-act, or being hard on her during the exercises session . I  try hard not to act like a crazy mummy – who got upset  at 1 or 2 wrong answers-  but being me - it just pisses me off when the question is so easy and I know that she knows the answer yet she gets it wrong. Errrrr geram jangan ko gerammmmmmm heheh

My weakness, I am not a patient teacher- that is why teaching is not and NEVER will be my profession – that why I need Er to do her weekly review with somebody else-


Time time nak exam ja I turun padang. Basically, I just zoom in to the areas where she got them wrong, Particularly Math; the subtraction – where she got confused with the empty boxes on the right and left, BM- kefahaman, when she has to answer in full sentences – and I think she wont have much problem with Science and English – except for careless mistakes or being over-confident (it always killed me in the past)


Yet, some of the subjects where I dont help her in any way (setakat selak selak tu ada lah), she is able handle it independently -like bahasa Arab :D. Hope that stays heheh


Dina, just like the mid-term exam , I know  that you are going to do well-  good luck k -  And dont talk so much in the class k, pay attention to your teacher – (When I went to pick up her report card a few months back, her teacher said that she talks a lot in class- keje lambat sebab sibuk bercakap ngan kawan kawan, masa exam pun buleh cakap lagi  (Oh Er, please dont take after me- :))

Marsya is still lucky because I pay her less heed. Jeling jeling manja ja. Suruh baca 1 ayat da penat. Tengok TV, main game tak penat ye, takpa takpa- tunggguuuuuuuuu heheh. 

To kawan kawan - good luck to your children gak k - tak kisah la exam tadika ke, darjah satu ke. And those who have sat for UPSR, PMR and lain lain R :), I hope that they will score with flying colours :) 


Till later  :) (dina da balik mengaji - to resume with Math)

13 comments:

screamingmommy said...

beb, i seriously salute u laa..u can take time and teach ur kids..i ni nasib anak2 still kat pre-school, even that ada howework..mmg dreading nak tlg review..hisshhh apa nak jadi:(

Lady of Leisure said...

good luck dina.. anak2 buah i pun ada yang tgh exam.. moga semua yang nak exam ni diterangkan hati.. :)

Shopaholic Mama said...

Oh boy was I glad both my kids' exams are over! It was truly mental torture even for me. And the gal was having her big exam this year (PSLE) so everytime after the exam, she'd come back telling me the mistakes she made...huwarrghhhh!!

But now I feel so lega its over, so whatever happens & results it will be, I tak kisah for now, I am just glad its over & no more nagging to do!

maya amir said...

yeszza..i pun tgh sebok menelaah bersama-sama kanak2 riang.. sume kene banned psp & game.. sampai exam over..all the best to your daughter:)

CiKaYu said...

Good luck Dina, auntie know u can do it baby.....make ur mummy proud dear!! mak dia peramah, tu yg anak ikut tu!!

TK said...

Mak ayah yg rajin ajar anak, menyenangkan kerja cikgu, hehe...
Betulla apa u buat tu. Bg exercise byk2. Dr darjah satu lg kena jaga sampai form 5. Skrg budak2 ramai sgt yg bijak2. I sendiri as a teacher tgok budak2 senang2 je dpt straight A's.

Unaizah said...

Imran pun nak final exam...1st wk of nov. Ejaan tunggang tebalik lagi. Mak dia yg risau lebih. Can't help it la....

mJ said...

dina, gud luck for your exam ye....aiseyyyy...umie dulu pon malas study gak kot hehehe...

meen yusuf said...

hahaha..we mommies can be so bossy,kan..especially time anak nak exam..Kyra pon gitu,talkative..which `i know she got it from who..My hubby berat mulut skets..so,tau jelah sapa,kan...my anak pon maths kena tengok slelau..cepat sangat confuse....btw,Good luck to dina..

Babe,thanks for tagging me the other day..I tengah cari time nak jawab..hehehe..:)

Ermayum said...

screamingmommy dear i pun malas dah standard 1 ni no choice da - u wait for yr turn it ll come naturally heheh

lady - tq aunt Nor :D

SM luck youuuuu tak sabar i tunggu time tu heheh

maya mah kasih aunt maya comel :)

tq aunt ayu cun :)

TK iya betul dapat 100 semua pun lum tentu no 1 sob sob hehe

unai heheh pompuan senang sikit nak ngajar nya nanti Q cam Imran la tu :)

mj aunt tqqqqqqqqqq
mj i rajinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sebab i lembab so i rajin belajo -kalu tak - tak pandai la kekekek

hi meen lucky kaira dapat sekolah over d sea - :) tq untieeeeeeeee
takpa tag u can perap - i pun perap nanti da jadi jeruk u publish k- u copy first or else u lupa :)

Syida said...

gd luck dina!
tak bole nak komen banyak sbb my son baru 2 tahun lebih,takde exam kat school dia.heheheh

ashra said...

btul tu..sy blum tiba masa lagi anak sekolah.sok kalu da masuk darjah satu pun,yang sgt risau adalah mamanya kan.
hehe.gud luck tuk dyna.. =)

Ermayum said...

syida, makasih untie gorjes :)

ashra, tunggu la turn you tak lama pejam pelik pejam pelik da standard 1 pejam lagi celik lagi dah nak g college and pejam lagi celik lagi dah nak kahwin sob sob :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin