Jan 30, 2011

Have a closure today

You see them daily but you never want to think that today is their last day- until their last day arrives and you miss that moment. You pass it, you overlook it or you are simply not with them. Saya redha kerana I was not destined to be with my parents during their last hours.

My mum passed away when I was far away. I arrived home only to visit her graveyard. My dad passed away somewhere nearby yet I arrived only too see his body covered with a piece of cloth. I saw sekujur tubuh sepi. His body was still warm.

I did not bath and kapan my mum. So I slept at night imagining her last face that I saw a week before. So old, and powerless. People said her face was serene and beautiful and pretty. All the scars and wrinkles disappeared. She was smiling and she looked very angelic. That was what I have been told. I was not there so I dont know. And when relatives tell me this, I was not able to imagine it because I was not there. I cannot replay her last face on my mind because I was not there.


The situation was different with my dad. I found him, I brought him back, I bathed him, I dressed him and I saw with my two eyes how his coffin was lowered down into the depth of the grave. And these scene keeps replaying on my mind over and over, every time  I think of him. People said that he had a good face, 'reddish', and smiling. Too bad, I was too distraught to really look at him. I mean, yes, I saw his face him but I did not stop to observe every detail line of his face.

So for both of them, I did not not manage to get a proper closure. I was not able to be at their side, to ask for forgiveness, to recite Kalimah Syahadah with them and all- because the moment Allah called them, they were not with me.

So live for today, make sure every day you hug and kiss your parents, your hubby and your children- every time/ the moment you walk out leaving the house. You never know if today is your last day (or worse today is their last day)

Have a closure every day. A good and great one with hugs, kisses and love in the air
Ermayum

15 comments:

Mummy Nana said...

That is so very true...thank for the reminder.... Btw, mmg ur dad nampak pun handsome and muda.... :-)

Azmiezas said...

Ye lah Eda..
akak setuju,..selagi masih ada keluarga, kita perlu sangat2 hargai dan sayangi mereka kan..

tetiba rasa tak sabar nak balik kg..

Unaizah said...

I hae tears in my eyes after reading this entry. More hugs, more kisses, more touch and more saying i love you....

Lady of Leisure said...

Hi dear how r u? Getting better i hope.. Hugs..
Do take care k..

Syida said...

i cant comment on your past entries sbb bila baca je da rasa yang akak sedih.yang baca ni pun sedih jugak.
*warm hugs for u*

maya amir said...

thanks for the reminder kak..*hugs & kisses for u and the kids*..

Mrs. YK said...

Salam Erma,

Baru terbaca your posts...my condolences on your father's passing. Mudah-mudahan you and family tabah menghadapi ketentuan illahi.

Cik Specky said...

sgt2 setuju.. treasure our loved ones setiap masa, dgn kata2 mahupun perbuatan & slalu bdoa agar Allah mengekalkan kasih syg itu..

missbehave said...

salam miss erma

was reading ur entries, n cudn't help my tears in the eyes..suddenly it just really2 breaks my heart coz i'm in a situation whre i mmg tk suke gadoh wth mummy..but i just dont know i'm always at fault in her eyes..so i rather keep quiest n menjauhkan diri, i sllau terpikir wht if Allah ambil nyawa i when i blom sempat minta ampun n maaf to her..it just soo torn my heart
n dear, i'm soory bout their passing...i heart u too, i'm a daddy's girl when he passed away 4 years back..

Ermayum said...

mummynana thanks babe - memang ramai orang cakap dia awet muda :)

azmiezas safe trip kak :)

unai more and more dear one *hug* for you :)

lady i am getting better :) dah nak habis dah meluah perasaan - bear with me heheh

syida thanks babe *hug* you back :D

maya thanks dia nak i campak flying hugs and kisses for you and your kids as well :)

moi thanks babe

nurheart insyaAllah

missbehave :) what a unique nick :d
byk2 sabar k - parents always mean well for their children - sabar jala and banyak mengalah k :D
be strong k u re daddy's girl - make him proud k

missbehave said...

yess dear ..tq veryy2 much, i know some parents mean well, it just how they way they show it..yeahhh tgh try to be positive beb

anyway u too... b strong my dear, even till now it felt like a stabbing knife piercing thru my heart each time i think of my ayah

al fatihah to urs n mine too, hugsieee beb

N A N I E said...

Masa tuh terlalu cepat..unpredictable..setiap saat dan ketika sangat dihargai..

Unknown said...

Very true indeed, i just love all your quotes, very inspiring, thx for sharing & reminding *hugs*

Marlia said...

oh dear.. am i too late? Take care dear... *hugs*

Ermayum said...

liea no your are not too late :) thanks dear

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin