Jan 12, 2011

Scary Scary Death

Last Sunday, before I brought the children visiting colonel Donald, we went to Ampuan Hospital to visit my uncle (my late mum's eldest brother) who was admitted due to stroke. The hospital's visit sent me a feeling of dejavu. It seems like I keep coming here to visit family and relatives.

I tell you, the inside is horrible - crowded and suffocating . This general ward (ward 8) and ward  7 for women is really intolerable - where you have so many sick people, more than the hospital beds - sebab ramai sangat, the hospital puts up temporary beds along the aisle. And every direction I turn my head, I only see old, weak and  powerless people lying around helplessly. 

This is a place where nobody wants to be if one has choice. My mum begged to be taken home . My dad was willing to pay money to go elsewhere. I personally memang tak tahan berada disini - level lain ok lagi jangan lah tingkat 7 and 8.

sempat berposing posing di coridor hospital still :)

This place scared me and it just reminded me on how close death is - or how old I have become and how close I am to their level of powerlessness - plus minus 20 years? Pejam celik, celik pejam - there goes your 10 years - how time flies so fast that you almost could not feel it. Time is really fast. So often when we become aware of it, seconds, minutes, hours and days have already passed.

There are so many people (that we know but they dont know us :)) die out of sudden. The latest is Faizal Yusof, the actor. The closer to blogging world, is Meen's hubby and another inspiring story from this woman. Their stories make life seems so fragile - that within minutes you can lose all. 

Let's appreciate our love ones, let's be compassionate and be forgiving - Because some things (like death) are beyond our control. And things can change in a split of second. It scares me. Serious k.

And at this very moment I pray earnestly that Allah has mercy on me. I pray that I will live longer just till my children are grown up and independent enough. Please Maha Suci Allah, let me live healthily just for a while longer. And let my beloved be with me till old age. Oh I do hope I II grow old :(. Amin Amin
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

TK said...

Hospital tu..memang..byk sgt nostalgia..I know how you feel..
Everytime i baca entry meen..sedihnyalah and it makes me love and appreciate my husband more.

Syida said...

i dont like to go to hospital too.especially ICU.everyday u will hear ada je yang passed away.amat insaf.

ashra said...

emm..tul tu.bila ingatkan mati,atau gi spital tgk org2 sakit,rasa cam takut je kan.. =( moga kita semua dapatla tgk anak2 membesar bersama suami terchenta..

maya amir said...

i slalu terpikir2 soal tu skang ni..:( *takut nak menyebutnye*

BAYU HEBAT SDN. BHD said...

Amin...Insya Allah

CiKaYu said...

erma,
perkara begini kita hanya mampu berdoa, berdoa dan berdoa mohon kite dipanjangkan umur hanya untuk anak-anak. *hug*

Unaizah said...

Amin, amin, amin. I pray and hope for the same thing for you and me. We tend to take things for granted and think that we'll live forever.

Ermayum said...

TK betul tu kadang fikir elok gak selalu visit orang sakit biar sedar diri skit :)

syida betul insaf lah sekejab kan macam mana nak forever insaf eh?:)

ashra insyaAllah mudah mudahan kan

maya :( takut gak doalah byk2 kita

Joy insyaAllah

cikAyu Amin, Amin *hugs*

unai mudah mudahan Aminnnnnnnn

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin