Jan 19, 2012

A Year Passes On

15th Jan of last year, last day of my life having tea break with my dad - He said sedap pie biscuist ni, hmm sedap banana cake ni. I told him that it was given by my dear friend Zarin sweet sour, the blogger.

16th Jan of last year was the last day we sat for dinner. We bought jagung and stall food from the night market. I remember he ate a lot. That night, he and my hub went for a massage in Shah Alam. They come back late at night and my dad insisted on going back to his house. I found it strange but I dismissed it as "telatah orang tua"

The next morning, 17th Jan of last year, I saw him coming to my house very early in the morning. Another strange feeling crept in. Malam tadi balik, ni pagi pagi dah muncul. "Hmm naper pagi dah jalan Pa", he said "sajaaaa". He then sat down to have his breakfast and chit-chat with Jenny . There was it - the foreboding feeling that something was not right and there was a feeling of wanting to hug him for no reasons. I ignored both and proceeded to work.

18th Jan of last year, I did not see him at all for one whole day and night. Thinking of calling him at midnight but I just told myself that I could do that on the next morning.

19th Jan of last year, he called me at 715 informing me that he was going for a holiday to nearby destination. I said "dah sakit pun jalan Pa?", he answered , gelak gelak - "biasalaa :) "

And 15 minutes later, his number appeared again on my mobile- I picked it up only to be told that he collapsed and I better came where they were as soon as possible.

No matter how fast hub drove on that day- or even if I could fly and reach him in a second- I was still a second too late- timing Allah bila datang menjemput sangat tepat- sangat puntual- I will always be late no matter what.

At 4.30 on the same day, I saw him for the last time - bila kain kapan dimuka dibuka untuk tatapan terakhir, and that was last I saw his face close-up.  And he was gone. FOREVER. That was today  in the last year .

Al Fatihah

11 comments:

CiKaYu said...

alfatihah. Sabar ye ermayum.

Yat Maria said...

Alfateha...

YYr post reminds me of my late father too dear..

ashra said...

setahun telah berlalu kan....
mengingatkan saya pada kisah yang sama...

Syigim said...

innalillah. what a beautiful piece. al-Fatihah to ur beloved father.

~ana~ said...

al fatihah....

Unaizah said...

Keep all the memories close to your heart dear. Al Fatihah.....

Cik Specky said...

tak terasa setahun berlalu.. al-fatihah~

Unknown said...

Alfatihah. Semoga Allah merahmati Allahyarham.

DaripadaNya kita datang, kepadaNya kita kembali..

ladyLOVESleisure said...

Erma dear,

As my mother would say to me 'ajal datang tak awal sesaat, tak lambat sesaat' -- Allah SWT maha kuasa. I doakan you bertemu kembali dengan ibu ayah you kelak di syurga. I feel the pain in my heart reading this, I cannot imagine the pain you have had in the past years losing the ones so dear to your heart. It reminds me to be kind and loving to mine. thank you, dear for the reminders and my prayers are for you & your loved ones, insya Allah.

Xxx

maya amir said...

:(

Al-fatihah to arwah..dia tenang di sana insya Allah

 Nasha said...

Al-fatihah, thanks for sharing. Everyday i see my dad and yet i hardly hug him. Insyaallah, will start soon

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin