Mar 9, 2012

C6 Lost and Found

Al Nabawi rooftop
 Salam
Day 2 -Madinah. 
I was about to make my way out of Al Nabawi, when suddenly an old lady-pangkat nenek da  stopped me and spoke of something, while at the same time pointed her finger to the gate. I replied her that I didnt understand what she was saying. Only when I looked at her in the eyes, I noticed her dismay. She looked like she was lost and wanted to cry. 


I looked around for other Arab ladies. I walked her to the group of people near us  and asked one of them if she could understand what the old women was saying. The women in the group said, no no I am Turky, sorry she said and walked away. I looked at the lady to say "sorry" as well when she suddenly unzipped her small sling bag and took off her phone.  She gave it to me and on instinct, I pressed the green button with the attention to redial the last numbers (name and text were all in Arabic). 


A man picked up  and I tell him that there was a lady with me and I asked if he understood me, 'can you speak English?' He said,' no no English', I passed the phone to the old lady, they were talking to each other for a minute  before she passed the phone back to me. The man said 2 words. "door 25" and I said," ok ok I'll bring her to door 25".


When we reached  the gate, I redialled the number again and said, " we are at door 25 can you see us? "I passed the phone again to the old lady. She talked to the phone while her eyes wildly looking around. Suddenly she screamed at one man and went straight to his arms. 


The man looked at me and said, "tq tq sister, for helping my mother, tq so much". The old lady then hugged me tight (saying tq in her language maybe) and kissed me on both cheek. Her lip were really cold :). 


A small gesture that made my day. I know that she was really grateful. Hope that she would pray for me. A prayer from a foreign lady was definitely precious and much needed.  
Sebelah luar makam Rasullullah SAW and Raudah
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unaizah said...

Satu pengalaman yg berharga. I bet it made your day :)

Ermayum said...

Iye hopefully dia ingat saya - sangat sejuk hati kalau dia boleh teringat akan saya :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin