Aug 23, 2009

Movie Mania

The post on Movies oh Movies is referring to last month- I do manage to cut down the number of trips to cinema. This month, I only watch "Ghost of Past Girlfriends" and last night "The Proposal". And I am thinking of watching "Setem" this Sunday's noon (since it is fasting month- not good to go out night huh)- so that will make up a total of 3 movies- hopefully I can bring my princess to watch "UP" on 1st week of Sept (Sept is totally a new month-so it does not count for Aug hehehe..).

I used to reserved movie ticket on line and and at the same time do the thinking whether I want to go or not. I book in advance so that our seats are reserved. Sometimes I did not turn up . Luckily, the cinema counter do not wait for me forever-as they will just release the tickets for sales - 45 minutes before screening.


Nowadays, however, reservation seats are not given a good seat ( row 1-4). It is too near to the screen . Last time they allowed us to book for some of the rows further back. But now, these seats (including couple seats) are for early birds who pay on line- So I have no choice but to pay online and since I have paid- I just have to go-

I seldom watch "local movie/malay movie" at cinema. I did not watch any last year but this year, I managed to watch "Upin & Ipin"and "Jangan Pandang Belakang Congkak"with my children - and they were so worth of my money-


I laughed hilariously while watching the latter. If I were to compare these movies, with so called "Cicakman"or "Duyong" or "Scenario" etc - the two movies scores (very) high on my list (among all the local movies) . "JPBC" has all- neat storyline and so damn funny- acting wise is bearable- they can act- some are very natural, some need improvement but to my naked eye (as an audience) they are ok.

I did not expect it to be so good. As for "U&I"we have come along way as compared to the days of "Puteh". I dragged my husband (he is not fond of local movies) to watch these two movies and luckily he ended up having the same opinion as me.

I believe that we do have some good movies but I won't know as I did not watch every one of them .

Maybe it is just not tempting enough? or me (like most people) underestimate local movies?,
or maybe there are so many choices at one time and based on that, me or my husband opt for "Hollywood" movies.

But words on good movies do spread around - I am ready for one anytime my friends recommend .

No comments:

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin