Aug 28, 2009

Premonition


Premonition- I watched it once- didn't really get it, watched it twice understand it better and watched it the 3rd time , and I totally understand it ( Am I so slow?;))- This month, Premonition is on the movie channel and I can stop myself from watching it- just to pay attention to the details.

Sadly, this movie is not a big hit- It was release in 2007 but only arrived at our cinema somewhere last year or early this year?- (that's why the dvd copy is so clear)-

I f I watched this in cinema, I would definitely feel frustrated,
one- because of the sad ending and
2nd, I would be totally annoy at the movie and myself because it is confusing- and it is hard to understand the whole things- to put the sequence of events in order - yet I do think this is a good movie - the story line is unique on its own - and it carries quite a heavy message on life and love.

The movie is about a housewife - Linda (Sandra Bullock) who led a normal life- big house, handsome husband :), and 2 little princess- But Linda and her husband relationship was kind of loosing its sparks - sometimes we forget about why we are together on the first place - coz we love each other, we got married and build a family because we love each other and we want our life to be meaningful towards one another-

The movie starts with Linda finding out that her husband has died in a car accident. In her sadness and at the state of still not able to accept reality, she fell asleep - only to wake the next day with her husband was still around. So she thought that she was having a bad dream- unfortunately when she wakes up on the following day (3rd day) -it was her husband funeral day. Things start to become very confusing to her (and to the audiences (like me) as well )

She tried to makes sense of all- she only realizes what happen when she put down all in writing- what day is yesterday and what day is today, what happened yesterday, the day before yesterday, today and so on.

What happened is Linda's 7- days- a week do not follow the normal Sunday till Saturday sequence.

She found out Jim died on Thursday ( the 1st day in the movie),
she wakes up the next morning on Monday (the 2nd day in the movie)- to find out Jim was still alive,
then the next day that she woke up was Saturday (the 3rd day - the funeral day),
followed by Tuesday, the 4th day - (Jim was alive),
followed by Friday (5th day) (Jim has died) - preparation for funeral ,
and Sunday , the 6th day- (Jim was alive) and
then Wed, 7th day - the day Jim met with accident.


She should wake up on Sunday instead of Wednesday (in order for us and for her to understand the sequence of events).

As she figured out what happened and realized that she was not having a nightmare- she frantically start to catch up with times to save her husband from dying- and
-start to feel/grasp/find love again before it is too late-

I don't like the ending- The first time I watched it - My heart breaks- after all that she did to stop the inevitable , it stil happened? ( anti climax - I thought she would be able to reverse all- but :( :(- sad, sad) -
please get ready a box of tissue- I hate the ending....yet it is worth watching :)

but reality is always painful- what if this happen to us? It is that kind of movie that tell us all to appreciate the person you love today before it is too late.



P/s: if you watch this movie, pay attention to the details: the sliding door with or without sticker, Linda eldest daughter's scar on her face, fresh or healed.





Adios

No comments:

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin