All my children were born via C-sect surgery- Have you notice nowadays that majority of delivery is via C-sect?- There is no need to look a far- just ask around when you are in labor ward or just read the label on baby card at the hospital nursery- Out 10 delivery per day more than half is C- section.
I wonder why- One maybe because it is a private hospital- C- Sect is more expensive- (I don't understand why is the cost varies so much- RM 5K to RM10, 12k?)- Opt for small private instead of well known - (Again the most popular does not mean it is good- you can ask around to check or to get some data or ) - 2nd - doctor does not want to take more risk than what already at stakes- I wonder why in the old days - pain labor can last for 24 hours or days before normal delivery takes place but nowadays the most that they wait is 1 day? Maybe I was wrong- God knows that the mortality rate is low then and so much has improved these days.
C-sect looks so easy you know- it only take about 30 minutes- I remembered well for all my children - I would come up from operation room just after 1/2 an hour- my husband was just about to sit back and relax and suddenly a nurse came up to him saying, Mr here is your baby...hehehe. The thing about C-sect was - all looks like a dream- you don't feel the pain- the after surgery pain is only felt on the 1st day when you try to stand up - if you know the right technique you can lessen the pain.
I was on full body anesthetic (or is it anesthesia?) for my first and 2nd baby and half anesthetic (half body "Epidural") for my 3rd-
Given a choice, I would prefer the full one- going into a deep sleep and then to wake up with very dried mouth with the nurses telling me , "all is all right now and you got yourself a beautiful baby" - that was all that I heard before I fell into another sleep- within the next 24 hours I would l wake up asking about my baby - does she have all (I mean 10- fingers, 2, hands etc)? Is her lip ok? and all sort of stupid questions that I could come up with- Even after 24 hours , one will be very weak, need to start with hot drink and followed by a little porridge or a slice of bread and only days later you can try to eat rice.
On half anesthetic - thing is as fast as normal- the difference is you are awake and be on your normal self right after your baby is taken out (of yr tummy :)) - you can start drinking and eating and you are not in a state of hallucination.
People said the half body anesthetic is better but I don't think so- I preferred to be knocked out totally and be unconscious as I cannot stand to be awake during the whole procedure- the operation room looked scary - my eyes was all over the place- it was cold- My legs felt so uncomfortable - tried to move them but I could not feel it- then the doctors were having all sort of conversation - once a while they said things like ," here, wipe here- a lot of blood- take some more cottons- here - pass me that- pass me this...and so on- GOD I wish I could just fell asleep - :)-
So anybody who has to go trough the c sect- please choose wisely..and Good Luck heheh


No comments:
Post a Comment