Nov 5, 2009
Sense of Direction
I was in South again yesterday- attending meeting in Batu Pahat.
My partner in work (in crimes?) is Ms Ain aka Adrina aka Eca . We are not good to be together because we both always ended up lost in nowhere. I count on her, she counts on me - though we are aware that we both cannot be counted on :) .
I remember the 1st time , after divisional dinner in Sunway, we were running up and down of 3rd and 4th floor of parking levels trying to locate our car (hers). Each parking level looked the same. We were looking for "Wendy big advertisement poster"- we parked the car facing the ads. Apparently there were more than 1 ads. We found the car after 30 minutes of looking around -after much sweating and panicking .
The 2nd time was when we went to our company annual dinner in First World Hotel. We were late and we drove in circle for half an hour because we could not locate the entrance. We arrived only after the 3rd course was served.
And a few other instances whereby we got lost and turned up late.
Not that these places are foreign to me or her but we are just simply ignorance creatures. I am in my best self when I am alone. She never drive or go anywhere without her husband :) . As long her husband is around , she will not pay heed to her surrounding (err me too actually)
If I am driving alone to somewhere I will ask for (or get my hubby or friends to draw me) a map in advance. I will look for landmarks or I will count the traffic lights or whatever as a check point. I will also make sure that I know where I park my car.
When I am alone I am smarter- smart enough to use my phone to snap photo of the parking level label or numbers.
If I were to visit branches or dealers in the centre of the town, I will always go the night before to survey the road, with my husband guiding the way. Map is just not enough for busy and crowded KL - I am scared of town as most road are one way- If I miss any traffic light or junction, I will have hard time to make a u turn or I will just not able to find one.
I can be a passenger sitting next to a driver and together we go to one particular place – we can go for 10 times but I will not know how to go there alone if I did not take the driver seat- I need to drive the car myself to be able to know my roads well. To be able to go alone later –to be able to remember how to go there in future.
Going to Batu Pahat is easy – all the way down to Highway – take Yong Peng Utara exit, and go to town. In town we turn on a GPS (Eca's hubby was kind enough to lend us). No so bad, though the GPS asked us to turn to a wrong junction – However, we managed to see the building from a far and just make our way to where it is.
Going back to Shah Alam was supposed to be easy as well - 20 minutes of trunk road from Batu Pahat town to high way – just follow back the road where we come from. After few times of recalculating, the GPS brought us to Pagoh and then only to highway- Instead to the nearest exit (which is Yong Peng exit).
It took us about more than 1 hour before we saw the highway. For 20 minutes or so we can see the highway on the other side. We were driving along the highway but not on it. Somehow the situation was so funny that we laughed so hard until our tears came out.
We had done a u turn and another and another before that because we believed that we have lost our way- The roads looked different from the road that we saw on our way coming. The sky was getting dark, - the GPS was halfway awake – u know like Astro channel when it started (or going) to rain. It went blank and hay wire. The visual showed that our car was not on the track (to the highway) – it was stranded in nowhere and it kept repeating itself “recalculating”, “recalculating” over and over.
The surrounding was all palm oil estate. No village or houses can be seen. And the petrol tank is only 1/3 full – I did not want to be stranded here– that is worst than being lost .
TG, we arrived Pagoh town around 6.20 pm - and quickly look for green sign board (green is highway :)).
We are the truest Labu Labi when it comes to direction– ( as Labu Labi in P Ramlee movie). Eca is Labu and I am Labi heheh.
But we had a good laugh don’t we Eca?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
hahahaha.. sama lah kita i selalu lost... kalau parking kat mana2.. i akan salin no parking dalam hp.. esp kalau ke one utama.. sangat mengelirukan..
:) so we have one thing in comman -
OU best tapi crowded kan -
I pun sama kalau pegi KLIA, selalu lost...sekarang ni pandai sikit..ingat tiang no..n apa shop atau benda2 yg I nampak dulu bila kuar lift ke kat pintu masuk ke...he..he..
samala kita semua ek -ramai pompuan cam ni tu la lelaki sometimes tease or mengata kita heheheh
yezzaaaaa ermayummmm....mmg u labi....ehh i tot i labi ( slim)..u labu ( comel ) !..salah la u......
anyway mmg i gelak sampai nangis di sepanjang kelapa sawit tuh...sakit perut i tau....next trip tell boss we cant go together to attend any meeting tau..hahaha.
Wei Ca, tak reti2 ke nak sign up asyik jadi anynomous ja - tak kisah la hnag labi ke labu hang tetap yg comel between us two hehehhe
Post a Comment