Jan 18, 2010

Good Monday


I cannot start my car this morning.  A case of no petrol haha :0. Never experienced it in my 15 years of driving (so old meh me?). My father says that it happens once a while. My boss says that it happens sometimes. Mr Hub does not make any comment – ask me to drive his car instead but I don’t feel like driving manual car today – not that  because I am not good at driving manual :).


Why do they say it will happen once in a lifetime to me (or maybe to you:))? Because I thought it will never happen to me. Because I thought , I have been careful enough so it wont gets to me,   but I am also being ignorant. I were planning to fill in  the petrol  this very morning. I thought I could make it to the petrol station– as usual.


Yes I do make it heheh –early Monday morning going back and forth to petrol station with 5 liters-engine-oil-bottle. The part to pour the petrol into my petrol tank is a bit tricky as I do not have the right equipment. But I managed. Thanks to my dad.


I also find out that my phone line is barred (when I am about to call my not so beloved boss :), to inform him that I will be in late). A case of exceeding credit limit, a case of  procrastination (again) of not paying the bill promptly or a case of no money ? :).


Arriving in the office, first thing first- Pay the phone bill (is this modern life  so convenient?) and call Maxis's customer service to lift up 'the bar'. I got very impatient with the machine/robot:) operator. I hate all this press 1, press 2 and press 3.


My boss calls me just right after I finish settling the phone bill. Apparently , she is the one and only is not in yet (maybe she cannot start her car too :)) and any efforts to contact her as usual is futile. We are supposed the complete the presentation material for the dealer conference this Friday. Never mind that that the whole presentation was rejected by  Mr  President last Friday’s and it needs to be restructured. Never mind also that she is the one and only promises to complete the  new outline during the weekend- And never mind that she has the divisional laptop and the power point file with her. No news of her till 10am when she finally calls. And we know her better :). As urgent as it is we cannot wait without knowing her status (Coming not coming?MC or Emergency Half Day?) People who does not know to pick up a phone (after a number of calls being made)is one kind but people who do not know on how to make a good use of a phone is another kind. Which one would you rather be?: ).


Thanks to  a good teamwork that make things move. My boss stops everybody's routine tasks and get all to concentrate on the brainstorming session (again) and to take partial here and there, each to transform the data into power point slides


And  I am supposed to back her up (she is the one and only) for her 2 months leave starting Mar. I guess I should have started it yesterday instead of today or tomorrow  (me being sarcastic heheh).


What a Monday- Monday blues? Or  Monday madness?- How your Monday dear dear semua?


PS: I am still waiting for the power point completion (consolidate all parts into one file)- here in the office  at 715pm :(-  (this is off office hours k so this blogging thing is acceptable:))

9 comments:

zarin said...

uh huh, terasa "ketensionannya" bila baca ur entry ni heheh
hope tmrw is gonna be a better day for u :)
cheers!

Ermayum said...

Zarin dear tq- but not that bad a day- I suka exagerate hehehe for the dramatic writing :)

Lady of Leisure said...

haha.. exaggeration sangat penting to create a dramatic writing... teringat pesan lect masa blajar drama dulu hehe..
sure tension kan... my dad pun tengah tension katanya kereta rosak.. huhu kesian dia...
:(

Ermayum said...

Lady :)- maybe dia saja rindu kat Lady anak dia yg kecik ni-dia tension2 nanti Lady balikla jumpa dia :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
from Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
Thanks! if you want, you can check out my blog at Reclining Lawn Chair and
Xbox 360 Repairs

TK said...

Alahai..sorry bout your Monday madness. Hope today is a better day! :) Anyway your writing is really dramatic. I give u A. Kalau MUET i give you band 6! Always enjoy reading your post!

Ermayum said...

Teika- very sweet of u to say that- I biasa2 saja - love writing when the idea is there:)
glad u enjoy my reading dear

Azmiezas said...

mesti masa tu u tension sangat kan??..

Ermayum said...

Azmiezas- tension la jugak mana tak - angin satu badan pun nak datang heheh but sabar sabar

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin