Hi everybody:) Salam weekend :), salam malidur rasul -salawat dan sejahtera ke atas Nabi Muhammad S.A.W
When I write my earlier post on ‘Feel’ The Elderly, it comes all out in minutes (ceh) as I try to let it out what I feel (as I keep remembering my father’s question in my ears)
Bila baca komen – komen dear semua I feel emotional gak :) so allow me to write a little bit on the same topic.
When I said ‘feel’ them, I mean – selami hati and jiwa mereka –- feel them – understand them- maybe our parents do not treat us with loving gestures, maybe we are brought up with rules and discipline or maybe they are cold or aloof toward showing any love – but at the end of the day – they are our parents – at the end of the day – they are the elderly- they become more softer, mellow and vulnerable as they gets older- if they never hug us all this while, don’t be embarrass to hug them now – they want our hugs – they just don’t know how to ask –
Be nice – don’t disown them – don’t cut off your relationship with them- sometimes it is hard – mother and daughter do not always get along fine – it happens- if you cannot get closer physically – where hugs and kisses is out of the questions- be nice – be nice is enough – and extend your love in your prayers- always
There is a saying that seorang ibu boleh menjaga 10 orang anak but 10 orang anak belum tentu boleh menjaga seorang ibu. – a mother can take care of 10 children- but can all these children take care of their mother?
Most of us are parents – we try our best to give the best of all to our children - the 2nd best milk (because the first is breast milk:0), the expensive one with AA, DHA or triple A :), the best diapers, the best of medication when they got sick and the list goes on. Can we give our parents the best milk, diaper and medication when they are old and sick? Can we? Again from Rashid Sibir’s drama :), rambut sama hitam hati lain lain -some people can get so calculative when money matters involve.
Sadly (or horribly) to admit that my dear mother, paid for her own medication. She gave me money to buy her disposal diapers or milk (u know the expensive milk or other supplement for diabetes). She insisted, there were time when I did not take her money because I was so embarrassed to take – I think she did not want to burden me – Call me lucky as my parents do not financially depending on me. I hope I will be exactly like them- not to depend on my children financially when my time comes.
We give our mums or dads a bit of token (money) on a monthly basis- but it is only a token- it is far from trying to pay for their good deeds. It is far from trying to be grateful - it is nothing – no money can buy our parents sacrifice and hardship for bringing us to this world.
And if you have all the money in the world, do not send them to a welfare home – do not ever – let them spend their last days with their children and grandchildren- let they spend their time with you……those parents with money do not want more money- they want our time and our love, those with less money will need both- we give whatever that we can afford-and hopefully dipermudahkan
So be nice- be more patient, be more compassionate – have more pity no matter what they do- they will be here only a while longer …..
Till then cheers:)


8 comments:
betul tu dear...thanks!
huhu...ni yg tambah buat i rindu my parents ni..
good point dear..and thanks for the reminder.
hi kengkawan tq to you too :)
I baru sampai fr jumpa mak..rasa macam recharged! Kalau tak rasa mcm xde battery. I feel so lucky i still have my mother 2 peluk tadi.I mesti jumpa mak wpun jauh. Plg lama sebulan je i bole tahan..Like u said i pun taknak depend on my children's money bila dah tua. Duit mak pun I taknak...
TK hi dear :) good for u :) balik kg lagi ke hheeheh
nice post. thanks.
anonymous - thanks for reading:)
Post a Comment