Apr 14, 2010

Tease and Threat


I went to fetch Erdina from school last Friday – I only fetch her if Mr Hub could not make it on time – as navigating around school and its area is easier with a motorcycle than a car. 500 meters' distance to her school would take me half an hour. To make it easy for me, I have to reach her school 15 minutes earlier and find my most comfortable spot to wait and hopefully easy for me to drive out later – but if I have no luck I got stuck for another half hour to find my way out. Hmm, I hate school at its peak time :) –



Anyway, Er was already in the car when she told me, “Umi duit dina hari ni 1rm ja lagi satu 1rm kawan amek/ (my friend took my money)”. Why?, I asked. She continued. “my friend said that I took her tissue so I need to pay- If I don’t pay, Ayah will have to pay rm100” what the heck??? Tu da kira threaten my baby tu heheh- so being a protective mother I was, I was overwhelmed with a determination to find out (and to whack that girl :))what happened? How dare this girl threatened Erdina. Did she know who would she be dealing with? Hmmm here I come hehehe – so my auto mind quickly failed to maneuver the car out of the small road. Instead, I turned off the ignition and told Er,”come, go and look for your friend" (in case if she was still around).


I know I know – I should not have overreacted. If it is a 'children thing' like they fight or they tease each other, I wont mind you know – I would allow Er to handle that on her own but this is about threatening one self and taking money – this is serious k- if I keep quiet, the girl would ask my daughter for some more money tomorrow.


There was a teacher in charge around, she did not notice me coming in (I thought that it was only a small matter still so I didn’t want to get her involved). So there she was, the sweet little rascal – ‘hi balkis. Kenapa you amek duit erdina ya?’ ‘Errr er er’ – she started to stammer- (that the whole objective actually :-D – nak gertak sikit ja) –“Dina amek tissue saya- 2 sekali ( she took 2 packets of my tissue)” I have asked Erdina before and Erdina told me the same reason but denied that she took Balkis’s tissue. So I said,”oh iya ke tapi Erdina kata tak ambil – tapi kalau iya dia ambil you cakap dgn untie or ayah dia – we all petang memang ada dekat sini – you janganla amek duit dia nanti dia takda duit nak makan, apa apa dia buat you cakap terus dgn untie – betul ke u nak bapak dina bayar seratus ringgit kat you? Kenapa ye? (is it true that you want Er’s father to pay you RM100 if Er did not pay you RM1)”, ‘Errrrr, eh” – she stammered again - heheh jahat I, dera anak orang – sowwiiii :).

Then, out of nowhere, the teacher came and said, 'what happen ya puan?'- I explained all and she said, yeah she did see Erdina cried but when she asked her, she did not get what Er was telling her (cakap sambil nangis mana orang nak faham, u ni Erdina perangai pun molek la sikit- sikit sikit nangis, nangis boleh buat apa- oh yes I do membebel dekat dia). I told the teacher that there was nothing actually-I just don’t want Balkis to threaten Erdina with giving up her money for whatever reason. And the teacher said, “yes yes I understand – Balkis don’t do that ok – never never ask people money , no matter what – ok now handshake you two” heheh


So that a short drama that I caused in front of the school compound – not fair to Balkis though, hehe as her mother or father was not around- but I did not mean to cause an arguement with her parents, kalau they all ada pun - just nak tanya Balkis ja  – I believe children’s problem should remain with children and we parents should never fight because of them –


Since starting school, Er has come home with such complaints like,”that girl like to tease me, or B girl copies my homework or C girl does not want to be friend with me or whatever- you know la once you start asking, “how is your day today”, she brings up all sort of stories :). I dont mind you know. I just tell her, do you do something to make people angry at you?, no ? do you think you do the right thing? Yes? Then let them- be friends with others – there are so many people at school – you be friends with all – leave alone who don’t like you or don’t want to be your friend. Lantak pi sama they all – or why you do such thing? patutla kawan you marah or tak nak kawan.



Yes, I believe that the school things are a part of growing up process- there are some matters that I just have to let Erdina handle. She must be able to 'float'- she has to be able to stand up if she falls. This is part of life lessons. I cannot help her much. She wont be that strong girl if I do her a favor. She just has to manage. You are still lucky dear as I ask about your day and I interfere on area that I thought I should.


In my time, your grandpa told me to handle all  my problems at school on my own :)- ”kakak, you pergi sekolah belajar- jangan gaduh gaduh jangan cari pasal- jangan balik mengadu dumba- papa tak suka dengar. Full stop , ada masalah pasal study yes tell me but don’t come back menagis nangis sebab gaduh dengan kawan"– and I never went back home and told them anything even if I had problems. I learned to handle my own things and luckily,I survived heheh- by hook or by crook.


Maybe then, children were not as smarter as now – but the concept of learning or acquiring your life lessons are the same – so something are better left alone – to let our children face and solve their own problems. Let them tell us what happen though, listen to them and advise them but let them decide or proceed on what to do.- selagi tidak memudaratkan of course.


Till then :)

ps: macam mana anak anak you all ye dear yang ada anak g school tu - mesti macam macam cerita di  bawa balik kan :)

12 comments:

zarin said...

ada je citer org tu tk nk kawan la, cannot see the boaard la sebab kawan blocking, nk ikat rambut pusing2 sbb kawan kata ikat rambugt pusing cantik..ni baru tadika u..std 1 nanti tatau lah i..hmmm tapikan if ke ballet tu tkde pulak dia complaint ;-)

Azmiezas said...

Wah..boleh tahan jugak mama Er ni ya!!..tapi kalau berlaku mcm ni kat Hariez pun ahkak hangen jugak,..sama la kita..

btw:..kekadang akak pun pening gak ngan cite anak2 ni..last2 buat dunno jer..hihihi..

sisdee said...

fuh!!!..mcm2...tp for me still leh OKAY le kan...tp i puji sikap u tu le...at least budak tu tak pandang anak u sbelah mata or anak2 sape pun kan...suke2 nk ugut..i klu bab duit memang sangat sensitif...

sangat susah kan jadi parent dlm situation skarang ini :(
tak pe tu cabaran tuk kita :D

Nana said...

sungguh mendebarkan cerita ini. risau. irdina i lambat lagi nak sekolah. tapi mende2 mcm ni semakin banyak kat sekolah. i risau, ermmm i will try my best to be a good listener n advisor to my doter n son.

mencabar kan donia sekarang.

i dulu tak pernah balik mengadu kat mak bapak i psl ape2 pon. i rela nanges sorang dari balik mengadu domba. tapi lain pulak ngan adik i..iskhh memang suke betul ngadu. manja!

Kiasu Mom said...

I have to deal with these in a few years? tak mau la.. pening la.. hehe

N A N I E said...

Fuhhh kalo ai jadik Balkis mesti ai dah menangis meraung kat situ..kesian Erdina..tapi masa ai kekecik dulu..waktu rehat ade RM1 pun dah kire banyak sgt dah tuh..sekarang tak sama cam dulu :)

screamingmommy said...

I can imagine..kalau i pun will do the same..ye lah being mom mesti lah protective kan?, even now pun kalau I dgr my girl complain pasal kawan2 pun I rasa tak puas hati nak tolong confront..:)

Ermayum said...

zarin hehe part org tak nak kawan tu selalu kan haha - samala kat swimming takda kawan pun tak heran pun

Azmiezas heheh boleh gak tahan kalu kena attack - hmm saya pun kadang2 bukan dengar sgt but they all ni demanding - ummi ummi dengar tak kalu tak dgr bebtul kan majuk kakkkk :)

sisdee betul duit2 jgn main and yes it is a great challenge to be parents nowadays :)

nanie
ha i kalu jadi balkis pun meleleh da gamaknya heheh

kiasumom u just got to deal with it babe sooner or later :)

nana heheh adik u tak brutal cam u gamak nya - haaa sungguh mencabar jadi mak bapak zaman moden :)

screamingmommy ha ada jugak hal kena proetctive but tak semua lak but naluri ibu memamng suka kepochi kalu boleh nak save anak dari the world heheheh :)

TK said...

Macam2 budak2 ni kan?. Baguslah u buat macam tu. I pun bengang perangai bebudak ni sometimes- melampau. Kecik2 dah pandai nak ugut org. Anak I pun selalu kena buli jugak.I kat sek ajar form 6 pun gaduh mcam budak2. Pening kepala aku. Siap jeling2 macam budak darjah satu. padahal dah boleh jadi mak org.

Ermayum said...

TK la tingkatan 6 pun cam tu heheh biasala over heheh

LadyInAyu said...

pndai budak2 skrg ye..byk tu rm100..my kids br tadika, so lum ada lg citer2 cmni..cuma x kwn tu prkara biasa kot..klu ada, ayu pn akan b'tndak sedemikian kot..kdg2 teacher ni x terlayan dh perngai dorg sbb dh ramai2kan..

Ermayum said...

Ayu iye budak2 now pandai kita kena peka sikit - iyala betul kadang cikgu tak telayan :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin