Oct 14, 2010

Now you see, now you dont

image from here

Do you have a special friend that you only can see but nobody else can? I was reading Cecelia Ahern's (CA) could you see me now- which  I picked up from my colleague's desk and got caught in it for 1 whole night- so the reading spirit is back  :), I guess

To date, I only read  2 of her books – thanks for the memories and the current one could you see me now-  both ( I assume all her books) have some kind of  magic touch in them- but I found her books quite slow and monotone sometime – because it lacks intense romance :D and intense humor. However, the anticipation is there and that what keep me going - so still bearable and readable lah

Anyway – baca buku tu and dapat la idea utuk merepek diblog ni.

Have you ever had an imaginary friend? or invisible friend? CA said- he or she is always around, some people see their friends because they just see them. Some others, people like us, don’t see them because we choose not to see them- J Wow, that is scary- like seeing dead people – when you see them, you just see them heheh

Let’s see,  I think that I did have a few of these friends  during my childhood year, when I played make believe and  pretended talking to them – But only when I played on my own. They did not come when there were other real friends/people around me and nope, my family did not have to tolerate her or him on a dining table or in a living room. You know like getting her to sit on her own chair, get her a plate and place food on it.

And as for my children, I think they have enough of themselves that they don’t need another type of friend :). Yes they like to berangan as if  they are Princess Batrisa or Princess Aleeya (tah sapa sapa tah tu), or puteri bunian :) and they demand that I call them by the name of Puteri So So and So So. Sometimes  I see them tergedik2 pretending as if they are princess J or at other time, they play mak mak and ayah ayah - talking quitely to their dolls/soft toys as if the thing is their baby,  but never once I saw them having direct conversation to any invisible individual – So I reckon that  they  don’t have any invisible friends with them. 
Thanks Allah for that hehe (though imaginary friends are normal and quite healthy in general - as this article says  here).

Once, I came across a girl (when I were in my teenage years) who sat on a sofa having a cordial and animated conversation with nobody. Beriya riya sungguh dia bercakap dengan tangan tangan nya as if explaining something. I was pretty sure that she was talking to her invisible friend :), because there was nobody sitting next to her. Hmm scary hehe.

How about you all semua ? :) - ada kawan invisible masa kanak- kanak ? or ada anak yang ada kawan invisible ? :D

Till later - adios

ps: I love PS I love you movie based on the book by the same author

12 comments:

Syida said...

I do!i mesti ada imaginary friends sbb kat rumah i takde adik beradik lain.
without them, tak lengkap la permainan i.

A D I A said...

so i was the youngest in my family (masa tu adik I belum wujud) and when we were younger my 2 brothers would play together but exclude me. so i made up an imaginary friend named Shila at the time I was four-five hehe. i ingat I sorang je weird child with a huge imagination.

eh tak weird la, normal kot?

zarin said...

i tk suka CA...habis suma buku dia i bagi org..and i tk suka PS i love movie tu...buku dia pun laaagi menyampah i rasa...i ada review buku dia tu dulu.
tapikan i ada keep satu je buku CA ni title dia where rainbow ends..tak tau naper tp i boleh baca sebab citer banyak communicate tru letters and emails and sms...

Unknown said...

kita suka P.S. I love u version buku..lagi banyak nangis...n gerard butler adalah sangat hunky!

BAYU HEBAT SDN. BHD said...

xpernah ada kawan invisible ms kecik2 dulu. tp seram aja bunyi nye ;)

Ermayum said...

syida iya best nya dia dah kahwin ke sekarang ? heheh just kidding

adia
wah u pun ada - normal dear - haa nanti baby kalau dia ada kawan gitu u make sure u get to know him as well k :D

zarin iya i pun kureng skit but boleh la layan - dia memang kurang perasaan skit la i do agree on that though the whole story line dia interesting part imagination tu memang dia ada la

cloud E ha sapa la i suka gak pakcik tu but bila tgk dia dalam ugly truth terus benci hehehe

joy memang kalu difikirkan "invisible" can be some other friends kan - i pun seriau gak heheh

Unaizah said...

Ada gak imaginary friends dulu-dulu tapi selalu tukar-tukar n takde specific nama. Unai dok dgn grandparents so sorang je kenala ada imaginary friends untuk main hihihi.

maya amir said...

alaa...xde kawan imaginary laaa... errkk, kalau ade, mesti mak apak i terkezut2 i ckp sorang2..heheh

TK said...

Ye la, I heard ramai org ada invisible friends ni but I can't remember having one. I think it's normal for kids to hv imaginary friends.I suka sgt cakap sorang2 masa kecik dulu but I talked to myself..

Ermayum said...

unai oh ada ramai ye teroor tu - ada yg laki eh mesti hensome heheh

maya - ha orang melayu kita memang terkezut la ingat kita sampuk kalu cakap sorang2 heheh

Ermayum said...

TK hehe u sure u talked to yourself :) yeah i pun ingat2 kelabu asap ja - i rasa dalam culture melayu ni tak obvious sgt la

Shopaholic Mama said...

I wouldnt even want to imagine I have an imaginary fren lah... I ni penakut!!!

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin