Dec 24, 2009

My Boy Sweet Boy


I am at home today-  I do not go to office as my handsome boy is not feeling well. I am taking what is called 'Emergency Leave' (is there such leave?):)

Thick green fluid comes out from my son's cute nose. He vomited last night- He had bad cough also and I woke up few times last night trying to feed him the ventolin (via the chamber - I never give him this when he is awake because he cannot sit still) -I only manage to do that towards the early morning hour because he did not really sleep- His nose was block so  he was breathing uncomfortably-

I am afraid that cough from an asthmatic child is not really a cough - it just tells me without medication and proper monitoring, he will end up with an asthma attack. He has it for 3 times already since birth.  His body temperature is slightly warmer this morning - green hingus (indicates virus) - he will need an antibiotic - so I bring him to clinic.

I call him by many names - Iman, Qayyum, Q, Aiman, Adik and to all these names he will answer me with 'huh?' not hmmmm as a 'yes' but always with 'huh?' with a question mark. That is his trademark. He will always answer me . If he does not answer back, meaning he is nowhere nearby and I should be panic by now (in a playground, or a shopping mall -
I will lose him if I do not keep my eyes on him but even if my eyes are on him all the time, I can still lose him as he runs here and there)-

The thing about my children is they will answer me always without fail if they are around - trained and enforced at home by me strictly - answer, 'ye ummi' if I call (nak kena PANG ngan Ummi try la buat dek heheh) - it is a trait that is very useful when we are in a crowded place-
if somehow I lose them among the clothes or behind the cashier's desk or groceries racks like the ones in Tesco - or I accidentally  ter forget them because I was too focused on the word SALE :) - I just need to call their name to know their wherebout (coz sometimes when I panic,I tend look everywhere-while  the actual fact is they are only a few steps behind as in front of me :))-
They will answer me if they are around - if not, please go ahead Erma -be panic and start searching :) - like a mad women - I will walk - as I walk and  walk, I would call their names - again if they hear me they will answer me (ni the girls la ni - sendiri2  tengok princess ke barbie ke kat area sinun:))

Only Qayyum answers me with, 'huh?' - maybe because he does not know how to say, 'ye' yet. Oh yes I have not yet let him wander-on his own- he is always strapped to his stroller or be placed in a groceries trolley. But sekali sekala terlepas, he will be very fast like lipas kudung


He just started calling me "Ummi" or " Mi" about 2 weeks ago. He is yet to say 'ayah'.

enjoying his ice cream

His first word is 'Nak'. Then he acquires more words - Ana, Anaaaaaa (my maid), Atukkkk but never "Ummi" until 2 weeks ago. Now I also hear him says, 'akut' (takut - when he screamed in the cinema) - 'mote' (remote) - pointing to Astro's remote.

He was born in May last year weighed 3.5kg- slightly lighter than her sisters each at 3.67 and 3.85 respectively :) (besar besar kan anak I then as they grow up they jadi kecik ).

He was born via caesarian but I got admitted before my operation date as he was eager to come out by 35 weeks- He could as the doctor did not allow him to do so  until he reached 36 weeks. And since the previous two were via caesarian , he could not  be born via normal labour even if he wanted (I think he wanted  that - that was why I got an early contraction).

Good job trying to get the ice cream out of the cone :)

Raising a boy is totally a different experience. He got the temper :)- angin sepoi sepoi bahasa heheh like whom eh? (not me definitely not inherited from me kekeke). He is as active and busy as bee. He falls many times. I have seen many 'eggs' appear on his forehead hehe. He got scars here and there.

PS:
His name means -Cahaya Iman Yang Kekal dan Terpuji - May he grows up as great as his name - Aminnn 

My apology coz this post lacks of coherence heheh - ikut flow idea ja  and panjang la pulak malas da nak edit nak g sambung baca twilight -:)

Till then- TA

8 comments:

Azmiezas said...

OOO...cuti awal ya..

ye lah kita as a mother kalau tengok anak2 tak sihat ni, rasa bersalah jer kalau pegi keje jugak kan??..mcm I ni la..mana ada cuti lagi since i baru keje 2.5 mths..

btw Selamat berhujung minggu..

Ermayum said...

Azmiezas -happy weekend to u too :)

Lady of Leisure said...

family is our priority kan...
kalau org yg kita saya sakit mesti nak duduk dekat2... nak jaga dengan kasih sayang...

have a nice weekend..
:)

Unknown said...

em2x.. kite mase time keje dulu pun kalo anak demam cnfm x gi keje.. xboleh la nanti hati nih resah ajer.. belum 1/2 tahun lg cuti dah abes .. sib baik dpt boss yg memahami kalo x dah kene buang kot.. hik hik

ijan said...

Ala ciannye si keciit tersumbat hidung ye.. kite pun kadang bila anak ada blocked nose rasa risau sebab dia kecik lagi. Skrg kite letak saline dalam hidung nampak mcm ok dan hing*s mudah keluar :D

Terima kasih sudi link blogresipi. kite minta link blog ni juga ye :)

Ermayum said...

L@n@: iya motherly instinct kan - if selema putih air tu or batuk sekali sekala ok lagi but if demam yg tak reda 4 jam pun panas lagi tak tenteram g office - iya la buat fever naik so high ke kan - demama bahaya woo

Ijan: hi dear my pleasures- mkanan kat tempat u so sharp and gambar besar2 cam boleh makan terus heheh

Dr.Psycheupp said...

lovely boy :)

Ermayum said...

TQ kak :)

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin