Apr 10, 2010

Report Card Jernih


Name: Jernih
Job description : Domestic House Work
1 week Evaluation : Pass
Score : B pluss
Remarks :there is  room for improvement ...

Heheh here is the update on my new maid. Her name is Jernih (hopefully hati dan perangai nya sejernih nama dia la heheh)

She is 24 years old but she looks young to me . She said she worked in Malaysiaa 4 years ago, for 3 years and then she took 1 year break. Then, she followed an Indonesian lady who married a Kelantanese- she stayed in Shah Alam Sec 13 - anybody of you dear semua pernah ada bibik nama begini? (hmm kalau tukar nama pun mana nak tau kan) . She said that every time her madam went back to her hometown, she followed because her madam asked her to. So she thought that she got free rides because her madam said they would be no deduction of salary . But apparently not true - So in the end after 3 years, she only accumulated about 5k . Anyway that was her story (tak tau la betul ke tidak)


But she certainly knows her way around. All house chores are done in a fast and efficient way.


She does not cook for us (I masak sendiri kalau we all nak makan). I teach her simple dishes so that she can cook for my children. So far she knows how to cook masak kicap (telur or sotong or ikan or ayam), sup, and buat cokodok ikan bilis and cokodok manis. She cooked curry the other day - hmmm okla for budak budak - not for me - mak ai pekat nya heheh.


I try not to judge her by her appearences. She looks unfriendly, her voice is loud  (I mean loud as lantang or kedengaran kasar)and she is not really good with toddler - I mean Qayyum does not like to be pushed. You cannot simply take thing off his hand- You need to be persuasive with him - Oyum baik bagi kakak - Oyum baik mintak :), I have told her to go easy on my boy and I can see that she is trying.


Ana has soft face and soft voice. So a bit difference in term of personality . Ana was kampung girl. She was like shy shy girl who never looked anybody in the eye,never wear small/tight shirt and all. When we teased her, she would simply smile sheepishly.

Jernih , on the hand, is quite open and a bit blunt. Last night, Mr Hub asked how does she find things so far ? How long she see herself working this time. What other long term plan that she has on her mind- getting married for example . We ask if she has any boyfriend heheh and (cepat ja jawab- kalau ana tersengih2 ja) she said, "ye ada kawan ingat nak kahwin lagi , 2, 3 tahun. On her first day, she dared to ask me that do I mind if she wear tight shirt or short shirt :-D. I said baju pendek,kecik ke ok (tapi jangan la pakai spagetti strap pulak heheh), seluar pendek please no no. Her dressing is very impressive you :) she wears this one knee-lenght dress and legging - very fashionable in the kitchen - I pun kena la melawa, kang orang ingat I pulak bibik, dia madam hahahaha. But most of the time, she is in T shirt and legging- or knee lenght pants. So ok la I agak


She wakes up 6 am daily and goes to sleep at 9 or 930pm - i belum tidur dia da tidur - All that I ask her to do, she completes it so far so I dont want to make that much noise about her sleeping early- at least when she goes to bed, my girls get to sleep early as well (because da takda orang nak teman they all tgk tv kat bawah- their limit is 10 pm) and she still has time in the afternoon to accompanny (i assume dia bukan sesaja la duk situ :)) my boy watching TV before bringing them to play in nearby park. Last time Ana did not have that much of a free time. She was all the time doing something. At 11.pm, baju tak habis lipat lagi- Mr Hub also said that this girl is quite efficient - semua siap cepat - lipat baju pun lawa :) - siap gosok tu.


I give her B pluss because she has some area to improve- cooking is one (oo Ana last time was a terrible cook also but she improved so much after 1 year :)- thanks to me because I taught her well kekekek sorry sempat la puji diri sendiri ). Sensitivity/kepekaan is another. Please switch off all the light bila da pukul 8 pagi - then naik turun tangga tutupla lampu. Air paip jangan melimpah ruah.

She speaks with a bit of Indonesian's dialect. I ask her to try to talk in a proper Malay - learn please. She used 'aku/ako' when talking to me, I ask her to change to saya, kakak (when talking to my children) - iyala nanti anak anak i ikut la pulak and Qayyum is acquiring language nowadays, tak nak la nanti dia cakap " ako,  ayok ayok cepat, dimandiin heheh . And I tease Erdina to speak simple English with kakak, hurry up kakak , instead of ayok ayok cepat. Last time, Ana talked like any of us :) - dia takda lorat - terror gak some of english words - siap ajar Qayyum, cat, dog, aeroplane  hehe terror la tu

I hope that she will be here long. And I hope she behaves well and serasi kerja dengan I - and again I hope she is as trustworthy as her name.

Next review is months from now :).

PS:
Haji, my agent said Ana was stopped from coming here by her auntie and nenek . All her money was taken away by her aunt (according to Haji's contact la) - I figure makcik dia jenis jahat macam watak jahat dalam drama2 indon tu heheh- anyway sorry I cannot do much - you dont even tell me the truth. Yang i sakit hati - you go along with all the story - siap cakap ngan i badan you sakit sakit jatuh kena ragut - what the h***?

The ironic part is deep down I would take her back you know - because I do believe that she has her good traits. Ntahla - I know I know - I should not allow maid to effect me in such a way, :(

For those yang tak follow my boring and ordinary life before, here, here and here are the background :)

12 comments:

zarin said...

ingat report card apa yang jernih tu..rupanya her name...ooops don't laugh ok...lesson learned hahaha :D
btw, i pun sure akan amik ana balik if i were u ;-) kita ni hati baik ke?

N A N I E said...

Ai pon sama..suka sangat compare my Mil nyer maid..dulu dengan sekarang..yang sekarang ni character macam Jernih..previous cam Ana..:)
Ai suke statement u..u kene melawa kat kitchen kang orang ingat u bibik, Jernih madam hehe so sweet..:)

Nana said...

alamak bergaya ke maid u..dah la muda lagik. kalau i sure risau...ki3. i ni dah la type jeles2 ngn en hasben :P

so, u kene bergaya ye lps ni...hi3

tpi bile u ckp die cepat wat keje i suke...sbb part time maid i ari tu pon umor 30 tp keje bagus+cepat. i suke, ckp melayu habis. pasni kene suwuh erdina ajar ckp omputih+malay ngan jernihhh.

Anonymous said...

ohh..memula igtkan report card kiddos..rupanye nama jernih rupanya. tp okla semua keje wat lajun kemas..;)

Ermayum said...

zarin>> report kad dina esok lak hehe -kita sehati sejiwa kekke - bukan la baik lembut hati cepat kasihan and ingat baik org kekeke

nanie kalu Jernih madam bukan lagi sweet sourrrrrrrrrr :)

nana i jelos gak then nak buat camna dear kena la jugak there is pro and cont - but kita doa ja la yg dia bukan type menggatal and mr hub dikuatkan imannnnnn :) - jauh la semua yg tak baik insyaAllah

honeyhas hehe suspense ja ek :)

LadyInAyu said...

jarang org ada nama jernih..unik..maid ni payah nk dpt yg sempurna..Ayu pn maid dh blk sbb abis kontrak tahun lps..tp still ingat n syg kat dia sbb dia baik n bagus buat kerja..

Azmiezas said...

Akak pun sama ngan Zarin,..ingat ke si Er dpt report card,..rupanya bibik u nama Jernih..

Biasa la tu,..selalunya kita mesti nak banding2 kan yg lama ngan yg baru kan?..hopefully si Jernih tu ok lah ye..secantik namanya..

Shariz said...

yeay...bestnyer dah ada maid...mesti u rasa lega kan...hehehe....nanti update story mory, kalau ada "citer" pasal maid u...hehehe...just kidding....oh ya, jgn lupa kena bergaya selalu ye...hahaha

TK said...

Mmm..I slalu dok terpikir.. Macamanalah maid baru nanti.Is she gonna b better or worse?? BTw, your maid sleeps quite early ye?. My maid wakes up at 5 and sleeps at 11. As long as she cekap buat keje okaylah. Susah nak cari yg perfect.

Ermayum said...

Ayu>> iya yg pergi tak sama ngan yg datang :)

Azmiezas - insyaAllah kak hopefully

TK iyalaaa tak semua kita nak perfect as long umah kemas, pinggan baju siap budak2 dia jaga makan pakai- i ll be ok :)

Ermayum said...

Shariz >> hehe kalu rasa nak bercerita I LL definitely post it :)

screamingmommy said...

alhamdulillah..so far so good:) insyaAllah u'll get a good one this time..but as for ur previous maid..if she's ok..why not taking her back kan? since u dah tahu how she worked before

Share/Bookmark
Blog Widget by LinkWithin