The elderly in my mum’s side of family is getting smaller in numbers.
2 years ago my mum’s brother left us without any sickness- pening pening ja. My mum was sick and hospitalised then, but he went away first. 2 weeks before he passed away, I met him in a hospital and the next day I dreamt of a broken tooth. People got confused on who passed away- the sick one or the healthy one- itulah ajal- yang sakit belum tentu pergi yang sihat belum tentu hidup lama-
Last September was my mum's turn. My mum dreamt of my uncle 40 days before her time arrived. She said , “pak ngah datang panggil ibu – ibu tak nak ikut- “ strange is it? – I wrote about my loss here , here , here (if you have not read it please read and feel my sadness :) (senyum tawar)- I was only able to make sense of all after she left- the talk about all her dead relatives coming at night and called after her sent goosebump all over me - when my mum told me- I dismissed it and made fun of it- I said ibu mimpi- merepek ja tu- But there were sequence of events that if I care to pay attention to -more closely, I would know that her time was not that far. Maybe itu bayangan untuk kita yang hidup.
My mum’s best friend - my mum's sister in law - my aunt, passed away in the early hours, this morning and I attended her funeral just now.
She was not well for so long – her diabetic was worse than my mum (she took insulin jab), she underwent kidney dialysis 4 days a week and her eyes had undergone surgery twice and her heart is scheduled for an operation this July. She was more sick than my mum but my mum said goodbye first. Despite her-not-so-well condition, she managed to be my mum's most frequent visitor - at home and at the hospital.
They were best friends -when my mum was healthy, she spent most of her daily time at my aunt’s house (2 minutes walking distance)- my mum would bring her lauk pauk for the day or pisang or cokodok to maklong’s house and eat with her. They would watch drama melayu or drama indon :) and joke and gossip. She would stay overnight at her house when my father went outstation. Whenever she wanted to go (pergi orang kahwin, jalan jalan hari raya), she would ask me if maklong could join us.
Remember that I said (wrote) that if you are suddenly having a thought on the elderly (who you have not seen for quite some time) - please go and visit them. Teringatkan mak ayah kat kampong balik la tengok kalau tak boleh balik telefon la –
I thought of my aunt for the past 1 month– tetiba teringat- lama tak tengok- apa khabar agaknya. The thing about us and all the elderly around us is (makcik pakcik), we only visit them during hari raya- that is sad is it? My maklong’s house is less than 10 minutes drive from my house but macam biasala – I am just too caught up with my own life – So when suddenly I thought of her, my heart is telling me- please go and pay a visit – so 2 weeks ago we went to her house and I found out that she was just admitted to the hospital- Alang alang datang biarla dapat jumpa kan nak luangkan masa datang lagi tak tahu bila- so we made our way to the hospital. She looked so fragile.
Last Friday, she was admitted to the ICU and I was planning to pay her another visit yesterday’s afternoon. But again planning was easy but not on the part of executing it. We did not make it yesterday and I said next week la kita pergi. Apparently there is no next week for her. She has gone for good- She has gone to be with my mum, her mum, her children and all who have gone very much earlier than her.
To her - May Allah has mercy on your soul- Semoga mak long ditempatkan bersama sama dengan orang orang yang dirahmati Allah. Al Fatihah.


14 comments:
al-fatihah...last year, jan my FIL yg sakit teruk but then in April my biras yg passed away..itu lah kan ajal maut hanya Allah yan g tahu
takziah..sayu baca..ayu plak kehilangan ayah when i 7 yrs old..setiap yg hidup psti akan kembali..Al-fatihah to her..
alfatihah...semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat...
btw,do u know how to fix my entry supaya blh keluar kat your blog sebagai entry yg telah di upadate? i tak tau nape leh jadi cam tu...
AlFatihah..semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat..Amin..
Mati itu pasti, Allah tidak akan melengah-lengahkannya walaupun sesaat..itu janjiNya..Wallahhualam..
betul... sementara mereka ada ni, kalau teringat balik lah visit, paling tidak pun, call lah kan.... we r just a phone call away...
I am sorry about your auntie. 2 weeks ago my sister dreamt of a broken tooth and a few days later my cousin passed away. He was the only child in the family. I don't know how my cousin deal with the lost of her only child. Takutnya if you dream of a broken tooth..u would b thinking siapalah agaknya..
ermayum..thnks for the reminder dear.. i penah rase ralat bile my grandma passed away,sbb few days before she left, die sebut2 nama i kt my sis tp i x smpt2 nk call die..bile die dah xde, i cried sampai dah tak t'kuar lg air mata:(
zarin tula kan muda lum tentu mati lambat tua lum tentu mati dulu
ayu - tq dear
abrahyn - tq dear
i tak tau :( but i did tell you to republish u da try? TK maybe you know?
azmiezas betul sgt sis
lady ye dear
TK sapa la kita kan - doa ja laaa
maya sama sama dear sama sama la kita :)
Al fatihah..dear..i oso mimpi camtuh before my dad passed away..mimpi hanya mainan tidur..tapi kekadang seolah memberi petanda..ajal maut di tangan Tuhan
nanie betu tu Nanie :) tq yang
Al fatihah, takziah to u, nasib baik you just follow ur instinct nak pegi visit dia, sempat jumpa.
screamingmommy - iya nasib - tq :)
al-fatihah...
takziah for the family & loved ones...
AZ Haida tq dear
Post a Comment